LLY: looking for some help

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
Well the truck is done... except it wont start. it trys to turn over but nothing. Dustin hooked up his computer today and checked it out. i am getting no rail pressure. what could be that cause of this? i primed the system so i know i have fuel going to the CP3. could it be a bad concetion to the CP3 or a bad CP3? the CP3 is a new WD lv3... just trying to think of what it could be

thanks ahead of time

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
Well the truck is done... except it wont start. it trys to turn over but nothing. Dustin hooked up his computer today and checked it out. i am getting no rail pressure. what could be that cause of this? i primed the system so i know i have fuel going to the CP3. could it be a bad concetion to the CP3 or a bad CP3? the CP3 is a new WD lv3... just trying to think of what it could be

thanks ahead of time

It does turn over though? Was it primed thoroughly?

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
pull the glow plugs and see if an injector is hung open... do you have any pressure registering while it is cranking? i had the same problem when i put new injectors in for the first time. crank with no start and not enough rail pressure to fire

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Here are a couple of things to try.

Check to make sure the CP3 return line and feed line aren't mixed up.

Check the pressure relief valve by doing the bottle test.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Does it turn over normally without stopping? Also double check the fuel supply / return line like Kat suggested, its easy to mix up, ask me how I know;) My most recent No start after reinstalling the engine turned out to be a bad Crank sensor, which was fine previously:confused: Also check for any codes even if there is no check engine light.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
You can also try and re-load your tune and see if EFI detects/ can communicate with the ECM, If it cannot, re check your grounds... Back of Drivers side Head, Lower Block, Radiator support ground (D-side)..

68skylark455

Larry the "Stroker"
Aug 7, 2008
Texas
www.larrysperformancepalace.com
you can disable passlock with efilive. I had the two lines at the filter housing backwards:eek: funny thing was you could prime it and it would start and idle but had no power. shut it off and you had to prime it again, I looked for leaks for a whole day till I found out I screwed up:thumb:

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
thanks everyone for the help and advice, as soon as i get back down to Dustin's shop i will try to get it figured out. but right now i have the movers here all this week to pack my house up for the move to Hawaii.

02dirtymax

Jul 3, 2009
Ohio
Code P1631 is when you need to reset passlock. My truck would crank and crank and sound like it wasn't getting any fuel when it happened to me.

Here is the passlock reset: Try to start, leave key on for ten minutes, turn off for 20 seconds and repeat that process twice more. Truck should start on the 4th crank. You can also do it with EFI Live and disable VATS, I haven't done that so I don't know the details on it.