Lmm boost leak or up pipe leak?

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Just installed a built trans and Danville 3794. Having problems with smoke and egts. Pressure tested the system and found no leaks. Any help?

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Yes makes good boost. Lots of smoke when tc is locked in 6th egts high whenever you hit the skinny pedal. Same about of fuel as being I changed charger. Crusing the egts are in check though. Goes into reduced engine power from under/ over boost when it's cold. But no codes stored.

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Anything guys? Goes into reduced power on cold start and fine after I clear it. Turbo vanes go to 100% when the reduced message comes on..

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
So your tuning is updated for the new charger? Are the boost levels erratic, when you pressure tested the system did you do it from the hot side leaving the charger?

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Boost seems normal but going off the factory sensor from my cts. Did it before and after the new tunes for the charger. I put the tester in the I/c pipe coming off the turbo on drivers side of truck.

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Yea I'm betting there's a leak at your uppipes, are you sure they are tightened evenly and you didn't drop or miss a gasket?

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Did you hold pressure in the system, and how much did you put in there? Could be a hole in a boot or air pushing past the clamps. Other than that I'm at a loss. what's blocking your egr port?

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Stock y bridge?

More often than not on the two piece Y bridges LBZ and LMM the Orings won't hold much boost. Thats where I would be looking. Pressure up the system. YOu can start low 10psi and increase as needed to hear / feel the leak if there is one. Good luck, I went thru this more than once with a LMM and it was the bridge. I have a tig welded one if you need it.