Lmm boost leak or up pipe leak?

rmallen30

Aug 12, 2009
hillsboro ohio
Hope you get it figured out. I'm installing the same set up on. My 07 lmm this weekend
The 3794 pro fab Egr delete stock bridge and the pro fab strap on the bridge

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
The up pipe gaskets @ the turbo go one way and one way only. If they are backwards they will still seal but cause a big restriction. I might suggest one of Profabs new one piece gaskets they only fit one way making it easier to ensure proper installation. It is very hard to tell and easy to get them backwards.;)

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: the bolt holes line up but the gasket will cover about a quarter of an inch of the up pipe. I seen that before I lined everything up.

NAFLASH

Aug 22, 2010
I'd say it's the y bridge. Mine is getting welded when I get my turbo from Mark.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: the bolt holes line up but the gasket will cover about a quarter of an inch of the up pipe. I seen that before I lined everything up.

Just a thought beings as you couldn't find a leak in the intake side. Hope you figure it out!!! I will be doing the first start after a newly built trans, new stage-2 3794 " ah hell it is all in my Sig" tomorrow.

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
I'll get it figured out lol just frustrating! But
Love the turbo so far. Couldn't decide between it and a cheetah and I'm happy with my decision!:happy2::happy2:

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
found out my lower cold side boot is leaking where it goes to the egr delete tube and the plug in the egr delete tube bung. got the plug fixed but having trouble getting this boot to seal!
any help guys?

Thebirdman

Jan 13, 2015
I think I'm having the same issues as you rancelot211. Did you ever figure anything out? What kind of EGT's are you seeing? Mine just seem a little high and truck smokes a fair amount when converter is locked in 6th. I don't have my sig filled out yet but I have almost the same excact mods and truck as you!

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
There is a huge tuning difference between a stage 2 and a stage 2R. The tuner needs to know which turbo it is for sure as the normal modded VVT tuning will not run worth a crap when installing a stage 2R.

Anyone ordering tuning from any tuna, please make sure you know what turbo you have and relay that info to the tuna.

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
He was well aware of which charger it was. My truck wouldn't build any boost or go over 5mph when I put the stage 2r on and tried my tuning from my 3794.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
He was well aware of which charger it was. My truck wouldn't build any boost or go over 5mph when I put the stage 2r on and tried my tuning from my 3794.

My post was not directed at you. Just information to anyone planning on getting tuning for a Danville charger as I have seen it happen personally where the correct info is not relayed, internally and externally.

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
I can vouch for Mark too he knows his turbos inside and out and my tuck moves... No black smoke and peak egts in the last 2500 miles has been 1075... Not knocking any other tuners just very happy with Mark :)

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
1075egts? You must be very easy on your truck lol I'm around 1450 on my big tune lol Jared what does yours egts look like with the cruise on at 60?