LML Twins and Opinions

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Why put your compressor housing on a NEW turbo?

From the sounds of it, you're asking for $4200 worth of turbos to be sent to you (your original new one and now a second new one) but Danville will only be compensated for $3500 worth of turbos ($2100 for your new one and $1400 for your remanned one).

So, just to be clear, you're asking Danville to take a $700 hit on the chin in the name of "customer satisfaction"?

Companies take hits every day for customer satisfaction; it’s part of the long game. You can’t fix your reputation often times once it’s gone to shit. Would anybody buy anything from Trent Nell and EPR if he ever popped up again? No.

Also, It’s not $700 in terms of their “cost” it’s only $700 in terms of their profit margin. I paid for a NEW turbo and got to enjoy it for 48 hours. Now I have a rebuilt turbo coming back and a hefty install bill to go with it. I’m the only one getting shafted and by the sounds of it, there are many more but you never hear from them on here because they’d be crucified like myself.

Are customers only supposed to post positive reviews in your opinion? I’m not just talking about diesel shit I’m talking about any kind of product or service from any business. It’s part of the deal for businesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
I understand your point frogman. I think they should send you a new one. It's quicker for them. Use the cartridge out if the new one and put your housing on it. It takes of yiu and they can reman your old one and sell it. That's just imo. Makes you happy and that is good customer service

I agree with the above.

I guess just from a John Q consumer point of view, it sure doesn't seem like Danville is going very far out of their way to remedy a situation that they obviously have some ownership in creating.

I feel bad for ya Frogman, hope it gets sorted out soon.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Companies take hits every day for customer satisfaction; it’s part of the long game. You can’t fix your reputation often times once it’s gone to shit. Would anybody buy anything from Trent Nell and EPR if he ever popped up again? No.

Also, It’s not $700 in terms of their “cost” it’s only $700 in terms of their profit margin. I paid for a NEW turbo and got to enjoy it for 48 hours. Now I have a rebuilt turbo coming back and a hefty install bill to go with it. I’m the only one getting shafted and by the sounds of it, there are many more but you never hear from them on here because they’d be crucified like myself.

Are customers only supposed to post positive reviews in your opinion? I’m not just talking about diesel shit I’m talking about any kind of product or service from any business. It’s part of the deal for businesses.

Are they sending back your turbo that was repaired or a reman?

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin

Frogman, that's what you don't seem to understand. To make YOUR turbo they disassemble a brand new Garrett since that is what you say you ordered. They have to then put a bigger compressor wheel on it, machine the cover/backing plate (assuming the turbo they start with has different compressor dimensions than their billet wheel), re-balance the turbo, re-assemble the turbo, and ship it. Your turbo is still new, it is not a reman. Repaired doesn't equal remanufactured. The only difference yours will have is the bearings have been replaced instead of the bearings shipped from Garrett IF Danville doesn't already replace them with upgraded units when they disassemble to modify.

It's not that you shouldn't post a negative review, maybe you should think a little bit and wait to see what the supplier does to help you in this situation? Give them the opportunity to fix it/tell you what is wrong before just going straight to internet bashing. That is just called common courtesy. Don't bite the hand that feeds. You don't know what is wrong with the turbo, you don't know why it failed etc.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Frogman, that's what you don't seem to understand. To make YOUR turbo they disassemble a brand new Garrett since that is what you say you ordered. They have to then put a bigger compressor wheel on it, machine the cover/backing plate (assuming the turbo they start with has different compressor dimensions than their billet wheel), re-balance the turbo, re-assemble the turbo, and ship it. Your turbo is still new, it is not a reman. Repaired doesn't equal remanufactured. The only difference yours will have is the bearings have been replaced instead of the bearings shipped from Garrett IF Danville doesn't already replace them with upgraded units when they disassemble to modify.

It's not that you shouldn't post a negative review, maybe you should think a little bit and wait to see what the supplier does to help you in this situation? Give them the opportunity to fix it/tell you what is wrong before just going straight to internet bashing. That is just called common courtesy. Don't bite the hand that feeds. You don't know what is wrong with the turbo, you don't know why it failed etc.

First off, I feed myself like most of us here. These companies exist because of enthusiasts like me with disposable income that want what they make. Same with any company in any industry they need cash flow to exist and it comes from other people and other companies and it isn’t guaranteed.

I wish I could come on here and post nothing but glowing reviews about everybody I’ve bought shit from, and I have posted many of those about many vendors that have either provided a great product or great customer service or both. I don’t enjoy posting this but when people tell me to “get over it” or “too ****ing bad”, well I wish them nothing but the worst luck and let’s see how they enjoy it.

People like Mike Lovrich and Blake Crenshaw pick up the phone anytime you call and are always willing to help in anyway they can. Some of these other companies are trying to grow so fast and do everything and anything to make a dollar and they can’t keep up with themselves and their quality of product and/or customer service goes to shit. On the other hand, before I ordered my twins from WCFab I called SDP and left about 5 voicemails and sent about 3 emails inquiring on their twin kit and never got a call or email back, presumably because Scott was so busy he didn’t have 5 minutes left to respond. Again, that’s fine, times are good and he doesn’t need my money now and he won’t when times are slow either.

Even when my turbo from DT failed they at least took care of me with a full refund shortly after without argument. Every time I call Danville I have to argue with somebody to get any information out of them and usually they tell me just not to call them and talk to the shop that pulled it out, Copperhead. I never got the sense from them or heard directly from them “were sorry that happened” or “that’s a bummer” it was just “oh well don’t call us talk to Sean.” ****ing bullshit in my opinion.

Mark is on here posting time slips and record breaking dyno and strip videos everyday and Larry is around I’m sure but neither has said a word? Coincidence, I think not.

Last edited:

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Man your on a roll here! Bashing Danville, throw a jab at Scott at SDP, anyone else you have on your mind while your at it? C'mon lets hear them all!:roflmao:

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Man your on a roll here! Bashing Danville, throw a jab at Scott at SDP, anyone else you have on your mind while your at it? C'mon lets hear them all!:roflmao:

I’m just a small fish not a sponsored drag racer or sled puller so it doesn’t matter what I think. 99% of everyone I’ve dealt with has been great it’s just a select few that have been mentioned where my experience has been less than desired.

But since we’re on it:

I’d never go back to Total Auto Pros or XTC Motorsports for a damn thing if you’re in the Phoenix area.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
You titled this thread appropriately twins and opinions. Getting more of one than the other.

If my truck junked two turbos in a row, I'd probably keep my mouth shut and my Peter-skinners off the keyboard, until I made sure the truck or installer is not at fault.

I've said it a whole bunch dealing with companies. The only way to get it done right and on your timeline is to do it all yourself. This includes manufacturing, powdercoating, and installing all the parts yourself. And none of us are capable of ALL that. So......

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014

Seems to me like he praised the vendors who provided good customer service and identified the ones who didn't.

There is nothing wrong with a member stating the truth about his experiences with his truck mods. I think that why a lot of people are here, to get real feedback from "been there, done that" members.

The continued bashing and disregard for his opinions are beginning to make this community sound like one of the fanboy groups on other forms of social media.

Kinda of sad really, all the way around.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Seems to me like he praised the vendors who provided good customer service and identified the ones who didn't.

There is nothing wrong with a member stating the truth about his experiences with his truck mods. I think that why a lot of people are here, to get real feedback from "been there, done that" members.

The continued bashing and disregard for his opinions are beginning to make this community sound like one of the fanboy groups on other forms of social media.

Kinda of sad really, all the way around.

Frogman is pissed off right now and letting his emotions control what his fingers are typing. I get it, BUT it shouldn't be thrown on the internet until he has his truck fixed and explanations given. The people he is bashing, he thinks he is their only customer and they have nothing to do (we are all guilty of that when we want something).

You can't go on the internet and post a bunch of negative things and expect EVERYONE to be with you. You want opinions, you get them. You give opinions, expect some feedback. If they don't agree with yours you have to accept that.

Everything in this world has came down to "I want it now, wait on me". That is what's sad.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
Frogman is pissed off right now and letting his emotions control what his fingers are typing. I get it, BUT it shouldn't be thrown on the internet until he has his truck fixed and explanations given. The people he is bashing, he thinks he is their only customer and they have nothing to do (we are all guilty of that when we want something).

You can't go on the internet and post a bunch of negative things and expect EVERYONE to be with you. You want opinions, you get them. You give opinions, expect some feedback. If they don't agree with yours you have to accept that.

Everything in this world has came down to "I want it now, wait on me". That is what's sad.

Exactly. If the turbo failed due to a manufacturing error then by all means give your opinion. At this point nobody knows why it failed so instead of pointing fingers why don't we all just wait to see what Danville says was the root cause? Thats all I'm getting at.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Anyway on another note since this horse is dead, I’m hoping I found the fix to the off idle vibration I’ve been having as experienced by another member on another forum. Pics below of that:
f808ef6cba174e5c12b8526575fc008c.jpg

fd579451848240be74b3d972fdde0d45.jpg

Thought it might be my downpipe off the S480 touching the transmission cooler lines but now that I think about it they weren’t touching before when I had the stealth and it was vibrating between 740-780RPMs only as it does now. Gonna have Sean and his guys check to see if the intake pipe between the turbos is touching the Y bridge and if it is we’ll have to flatten it a bit or get a different y bridge.

Dm23

Mar 8, 2019
Socal
This is getting to be a good read.

Opinions are like A**holes, everyone has one. lol

Dm23

Mar 8, 2019
Socal
How’s your 65?

65 is so far so good. I love the sound of it, No complaints or problems. Its a little sluggish on the low, but I'm just saving up so I can do all the other mods. So she wont be laggy at all. trans, other members suggested injectors, im thinking 80% over. then the s480 over the 65.

I'll definitely be headed out to copperhead either later this year or next year to have the injectors installed, something I don't want to do. then install the s480 with my brothers help.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I feel for ya, but you said it. This build has gone to shit. Now your taking it out on Danville. You’ve had issues with it for the past 2 months and now Danville has had you down for 10 days. Yet you make them out to be the worst in the industry.

IIRC Mark quit selling his LML turbos at one point, because of poor tuning causing them to fail. I’m not implying that the issue here. Just pointing out why these have a history of high failures.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
I feel for ya, but you said it. This build has gone to shit. Now your taking it out on Danville. You’ve had issues with it for the past 2 months and now Danville has had you down for 10 days. Yet you make them out to be the worst in the industry.

IIRC Mark quit selling his LML turbos at one point, because of poor tuning causing them to fail. I’m not implying that the issue here. Just pointing out why these have a history of high failures.

Things have gone wrong with products or services from other vendors but they’ve done their best to reach out and make it right. Something goes wrong with their product and these guys just act like they’re the “be all-end all” and like they’ll do what’s required but other than that they don’t give a shit. Just how I’ve been made to feel.