LML Twins and Opinions

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Dang for the price of SOTA wheels you think it would be a little better quality!
Those are the ones I’ve been eyeing for a while but now I’m second guessing them :/

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
so are you a boar dealership or both boats your groups private owned?

My buddy owns both boats plus two G25 Super Air Nautiques and a Hallett 290S. Also has a 88’ Adonia Yacht houseboat on Powell, about 6 large homes, a couple RZRs, a Tatum sand rail and a Pilatus PC-12 plane. He does very well for himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dm23

Mar 8, 2019
Socal
On my sota rims. The middle center cap fell completely off about 2 weeks ago. It was $45 for a new one. Is that Danville on the way yet?

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Danville is with WCFab I believe and the core turbo was delivered last friday along with the stock injectors. Getting a new emblem for the cap from SOTA. They are sending me a few in case it happens again. He said they're aluminum but are backed with a piece of 3M tape or the like to hold them on.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Dude I’d drill and rivet those guys
Tape is just going to fail...
Hell even some cheap two part epoxy would be better

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
Danville is with WCFab I believe and the core turbo was delivered last friday along with the stock injectors. Getting a new emblem for the cap from SOTA. They are sending me a few in case it happens again. He said they're aluminum but are backed with a piece of 3M tape or the like to hold them on.

:Ditto: He's (Hambone) not wrong............. Epoxy may be the best solution you have while still keeping the same look as opposed to rivets.

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania

I agree with the rivets. Get some black painted 1/8" and you'd have to look really close to see them or a few strategically placed plain ones would just blend right in with the color scheme of your wheels.

gmc502

Jan 16, 2011

3M 5200 Black,,those centers will never come off again.just clean the surfaces real good.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
I’ll pick up some 3M products and see how they work once I get the new emblems.

Truck is all cleaned up today

0c53d7209be13ffc7bfd3a2056c93db8.jpg

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
No WOT or anything until the new turbo goes in don’t want to take a chance with this stealth blowing up. WCFab says the turbo and hot side are shipping out next Monday so hopefully I can get everything installed the 11th and 12th if need be.

Does anyone know how to “learn” the VPS sensor in the new turbo? Will I absolutely need a Tech II or is there any other way?

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Did a soft launch today with s buddy if mine on the first tune and blew the Intercooler boot off the Intercooler on the passenger side bottom. What a pain in the ass to get everything back together but it’s back together.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
I did the same exact thing, same place after my install. Not fun. It appeared like the clamp was a hair to small and with the nut started a tiny bit I couldn't get the clamp all the way on like I'd like. But hasn't blown off again so hopefully it good now.