Lets see your pullers on your trailer...

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
So after reading and hearing some of your guys' advise, I've done some more research on trailer options. I think that Id really like a 25' deck and 5' dove and lay flat ramps. I really want to get the tandem duals. Richlmm is also looking to get a similar trailer so after talking with some semi-local dealers; anderson, pj, loadmax they are all about ~ $9500 - $10500 or so and that is us buying TWO trailers together!

I chatted with the Kaufman sales rep again and it seems that this trailer below is what Ive been looking for.

http://www.kaufmantrailers.com/heav...eavy-Duty-Gooseneck-Trailer---DELUXE-p25.html

She said if I picked up the trailer and brought a bankers check she would take off 3%. So with adding a torque tube, lay flat ramps, spare tire and rim its about $8300. Its in NC and is about 600 miles away. Assuming it costs me $500 with fuel and tolls its about $8800. The only thing I wish the Kaufman had was a slightly lower deck. Its deck is about 36", where the loadmax we spec'd out is 32". I dont mind going for a ride to pick up a trailer at all, I just dont know if I can justify the extra money for 4" lower deck.

Check this one out, price seems right.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011...007372?pt=Motors_Trailers&hash=item23175fc3cc

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY
How far of a drive to NE Ohio? Go see trailerpro.:thumb:

Not far actually, Ill have to call tomorrow.

Wow, how far are you from missouri area? Id call around here, i can get a 32' Titan (best of the best) they warranty their craftsman ship and paint (most dont cover paint), dexter 10k oil bath axles, peirced frame, 2 wide ramps with center pop up, tool box for around 8900. Ill probably go with this route, big tex was 1k cheaper, but you just cant go wrong with Titan.

Its about a good 20+ hours so by the time I get out there to get it, or I have it delivered the 'deal' would be out of it I would think? I would say it would cost with fuel and tolls at least $1k. Those are some killer prices tho! Decisions, decisions....:rolleyes: lol

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Instead of starting a new thread..........what's everyone's feelings on a triple axle gn. 3x7k axles. I'm looking for a used trailer in the 3k range. I'm seeing alot of triples that r 30+' long for good prices. I will b hauling my truck to pulls and the track and I have a 77 vega I will b hauling to the track plus a fourwheeler. I'm sure the triples r hard to turn and prob go through more tires because of them "scrubbing", is that the only downfall?

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
Instead of starting a new thread..........what's everyone's feelings on a triple axle gn. 3x7k axles. I'm looking for a used trailer in the 3k range. I'm seeing alot of triples that r 30+' long for good prices. I will b hauling my truck to pulls and the track and I have a 77 vega I will b hauling to the track plus a fourwheeler. I'm sure the triples r hard to turn and prob go through more tires because of them "scrubbing", is that the only downfall?
the woman who sold jakebrake his trailer at kaufman was telling us how thats all the car hauler guys want is the 3 axle trailers becuase they tow so straight and have the extra gvw...the tire scrub i dont think would be horrible but i've never owned one either

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida

Yes triples wear tires. And when you get a flat you MUST stop and change it. with a double tandem you just keep rolling along :thumb:

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
the woman who sold jakebrake his trailer at kaufman was telling us how thats all the car hauler guys want is the 3 axle trailers becuase they tow so straight and have the extra gvw...the tire scrub i dont think would be horrible but i've never owned one either

We've had a triple axle float for since 2002 and it's still on the same set of tires. I really should rotate them but you can't even hardly see a difference in wear. Personally I'd rather stop and change a flat on single wheel then try and deal with duals. Our trailers only go about 3-4k/year. If I was on the road all of the time I'd rather have tandem duals but nothing wrong with a 3 axle.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
I'm kinda glad to hear some positive feedback on these. I've been stalking this thread for quite awhile now lol. My car only weighs 2600 and is very short but I want a trailer big enough to haul the truck with the weight rack on. Ive been avoiding the triples cause I thought they were a big hassle and wore out tires quick. But I think I will consider them more now. Thanks for the info guys. :thumb:

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
I have a triple,, pulls nice but when you gotta swing it around it bucks and jumps pretty bad and when heavy i even bent an axle pretty bad when spinning it around real tight. It actually feels like it pulls easier though the the tandem duals. We didn't wear out tires any quicker on the triple then the tandem though.

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY

I was pretty close at buying one myself but she brought up a good point. She asked if I traveled along a lot of toll roads, and I do. The extra axle would have added up over the year well over the 'savings' of me buying it over a tandem dual trailer. Also the oil bath axles vs bearing was half the frequency for servicing.

Might as well post a few picks of the trailer I got too :D

Here is when I picked it up from Kaufman...

IMAG0812.jpg

Ran up to Kentucky and picked up Rich's new truck from Garrick.

IMAG0813.jpg

IMAG0814.jpg

When I got home we put my room mates truck on there just see for room and what not, and to bust a friends chops with a few pics :hug:

396507_591580117255_71400783_31800745_1833090428_n.jpg

Next weekend I ended up hauling a load of hay for my parents, kinda glad I got such a big trailer and Im using for more than just pulling.

IMAG0824.jpg

This past weekend I tried to clean it up best I could and did a few things. I ended up putting on a set of mudflaps from the boys...:D

IMAG0831.jpg

I also mounted the spare tire for my truck(or any other 8 lug truck)on top of the trailer spare using some threaded rod. Looks kinda goofy but serves a great purpose and keeps plenty of room.

IMAG0837.jpg

When we 1st got my trailer I couldnt believe how long it was and was nervous that I bought one that was too big(25+5). However after having my roommates truck on there, along with Rich's truck Im very glad I got the longer trailer for extra room on the deck. Tandem duals tow like a dream, follows right behind you and very stable. So far Im very happy with the trailer and look forward to using it throughout the season. Thanks for all the advise you guys chimed it with! :thumb:

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
I have been looking at some 30+5 for our three pulling tractors. Cant decide on a make tho. Anyone have a big tex or Appalachian trailers?