Lets see your pullers on your trailer...

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
So a Dual tandem gooseneck, with a truck, a few tools, etc will put us over the class D driver's license limit?

Figure 7-8k tow vehicle, 5-7k Dual tandem, 7-8k puller on average = 23k max plus weights, tools, etc.. So unless you are carrying 3k plus in extras you should be fine.. Atleast in N.Y. were its 26k before you need a class A or B commercial license..

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
I have my CDL so its not A issue for me ;) I have never had a issue with the pick-up / gooseneck combo but I can't say the same for our bigger trucks with D.O.T. numbers on the side :rolleyes:

i'm a class as*hole myself and have had my balls busted a few years back with a 3500 and 16,000gvw tag trailer, cop went through that truck like i was hauling deadly explosives! i didn't hve triangles so he gave me a friggen ticket for that!

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
i'm a class as*hole myself and have had my balls busted a few years back with a 3500 and 16,000gvw tag trailer, cop went through that truck like i was hauling deadly explosives! i didn't hve triangles so he gave me a friggen ticket for that!

They have giving me tickets for a 5 gallon gas can not tied down, my highway use tax sticker on the wrong spot of the bumper, loose gas tank strap, and about 50 other B.S things at D.O.T stops. But for some reason they never mess with us in the pick-up with the gooseneck:confused: I have chalked it up to most of them dont have any idea what we are carrying weight wise on the trailer and it being for personal use with NO D.O.T. numbers on the truck.. Regardless if they want to bust your balls they will find a way to write you a ticket.....

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
oh you got jokes huh? :roflmao:

bro, he's not kidding! I've driven through Rhode Island on my east coast camping trip and it takes longer to drive from one side of Chicago to the other than it does to get across your state. It's cute though, we liked it. :thumb: :roflmao: :hug:

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
heres mine on a Hudson 25ft.

IMG00006-20100418-1500.jpg

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Loadmax 22 with a 2 ft dove here. We wanted a trailer we could also haul a car on easily.

Attachments

• jakepullingtruck.jpg
    jakepullingtruck.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 178

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
Loadmax 22 with a 2 ft dove here. We wanted a trailer we could also haul a car on easily.

could you pull the truck on motor first? I like the lowboy gooseneck better. Lower center of gravity. Maybe a 26+2 would be good. It would be long enough to put the truck over the trailers axles and haul gear in the front.

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY
So after reading and hearing some of your guys' advise, I've done some more research on trailer options. I think that Id really like a 25' deck and 5' dove and lay flat ramps. I really want to get the tandem duals. Richlmm is also looking to get a similar trailer so after talking with some semi-local dealers; anderson, pj, loadmax they are all about ~ $9500 - $10500 or so and that is us buying TWO trailers together!

I chatted with the Kaufman sales rep again and it seems that this trailer below is what Ive been looking for.

http://www.kaufmantrailers.com/heav...eavy-Duty-Gooseneck-Trailer---DELUXE-p25.html

She said if I picked up the trailer and brought a bankers check she would take off 3%. So with adding a torque tube, lay flat ramps, spare tire and rim its about $8300. Its in NC and is about 600 miles away. Assuming it costs me $500 with fuel and tolls its about $8800. The only thing I wish the Kaufman had was a slightly lower deck. Its deck is about 36", where the loadmax we spec'd out is 32". I dont mind going for a ride to pick up a trailer at all, I just dont know if I can justify the extra money for 4" lower deck.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
could you pull the truck on motor first? I like the lowboy gooseneck better. Lower center of gravity. Maybe a 26+2 would be good. It would be long enough to put the truck over the trailers axles and haul gear in the front.

We are this year since it will have the weightbox on it and will be too heavy to load backwards. It has a little more flex in the neck because of the drop but I was using a 16+4 deckover so i don't notice it. :rofl:

How far of a drive to NE Ohio? Go see trailerpro.:thumb:

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
So after reading and hearing some of your guys' advise, I've done some more research on trailer options. I think that Id really like a 25' deck and 5' dove and lay flat ramps. I really want to get the tandem duals. Richlmm is also looking to get a similar trailer so after talking with some semi-local dealers; anderson, pj, loadmax they are all about ~ $9500 - $10500 or so and that is us buying TWO trailers together!

I chatted with the Kaufman sales rep again and it seems that this trailer below is what Ive been looking for.

http://www.kaufmantrailers.com/heav...eavy-Duty-Gooseneck-Trailer---DELUXE-p25.html

She said if I picked up the trailer and brought a bankers check she would take off 3%. So with adding a torque tube, lay flat ramps, spare tire and rim its about $8300. Its in NC and is about 600 miles away. Assuming it costs me $500 with fuel and tolls its about $8800. The only thing I wish the Kaufman had was a slightly lower deck. Its deck is about 36", where the loadmax we spec'd out is 32". I dont mind going for a ride to pick up a trailer at all, I just dont know if I can justify the extra money for 4" lower deck.

Wow, how far are you from missouri area? Id call around here, i can get a 32' Titan (best of the best) they warranty their craftsman ship and paint (most dont cover paint), dexter 10k oil bath axles, peirced frame, 2 wide ramps with center pop up, tool box for around 8900. Ill probably go with this route, big tex was 1k cheaper, but you just cant go wrong with Titan.