LBZ Drivers side Dipstick ??

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I got mine from All season. Pretty sure Mike sells em too or you could get an LML or one out of the BD install kit.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I know I'm missing something. There must be some OTHER mod that hinders a passenger side dipstick? Which one.
If you run and aftermarket turbo with a 3.5 or 4 inch down pipe there isnt enough romm in there and the Allison has dipstick opening on both sides which is nice,Heck even the 3 inch aftermarket down pipes make it very tight in there.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
You can either buy a lml dipstick tube and cut off 6 1/4 inches or buy 1 from someone making them.
So I've got an LML dipstick and tube.
Do I still need to trim the tube or can I throw the tube and stick in and be good to go?
If I need to trim can anyone verify if 6 1/4" is the correct amount? I no longer have my factory tube to compare. And I'm assuming you don't need to make any changes to the LML stick if you use it correct? Or should a guy use the LBZ one.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
So I've got an LML dipstick and tube.
Do I still need to trim the tube or can I throw the tube and stick in and be good to go?
If I need to trim can anyone verify if 6 1/4" is the correct amount? I no longer have my factory tube to compare. And I'm assuming you don't need to make any changes to the LML stick if you use it correct? Or should a guy use the LBZ one.

I just measured the exact length of the old one and then cut the lml tube to match

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Oh yeah my bad, maybe someone cod measure a stock one that is laying around. Sorry I couldn't be more help :(

Can't remember either but I don't think I took off 6 1/4 off either, that seems like too much

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I'd like to know why an LML trans tube and LML dipstick together won't just straight up swap right in to a LBZ/LMM 6 speed. Are the transmissions that different?

Dallas S

Jun 17, 2009
Alberta
I think it's cause most only buy the tube and not the stick, the lml is quite long under the hood too, believe it interferes with the gpm if left full length on a 01-10. I usually just mod the passanger side tube to work on drivers side. Drill the few spot welds, flip the bracket and bend the tube abit. Tack bracket back on and go. Not an option if you don't have one tho.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I think it's cause most only buy the tube and not the stick, the lml is quite long under the hood too, believe it interferes with the gpm if left full length on a 01-10. I usually just mod the passanger side tube to work on drivers side. Drill the few spot welds, flip the bracket and bend the tube abit. Tack bracket back on and go. Not an option if you don't have one tho.

Ok.
Well I am going to try it and hope I don't over/underfill.
I guess nobody else has replaced both before.

As far as the GPCM goes I'm relocating it to the firewall anyways like a few have. Neat and out of the way and should leave enough room. If I have to trim the tube down I will adjust the stick by the same amount.

Huffy67

Dec 26, 2014
Arkansas
Does merchant's driver side dipstick tube not work on 6 speeds? It fit perfect for my LB7. Little pricey, but works perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
It works. Just put it in before the trans obviously or you will have one massive headache on your hands...ask me how I know. I got in a rush and forgot that we tid bit