Lbz build pictures along the way.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Well hope all sticks like it's supposed to. It's a good looking long block for sure

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I always degrease the part, then hit it air, then with non chlorinated brake parts cleaner followed by air, then the use of a paint prep spray...followed bt air :eek:
its a little bit overboard, I know, but when it comes to painting stuff, I've wasted too much time, trying to save it...

Last time I had a paint flash, like what happened on your block, I had to use an aircraft grade paint stripper, 2x, to get every last bit of oil that was in the pores of the metal, out, so the paint would adhere...

But, that's just my low budget, average home garage tech, technique...
Good luck!
:thumb:

JDPlowboy

Feb 6, 2011
I always degrease the part, then hit it air, then with non chlorinated brake parts cleaner followed by air, then the use of a paint prep spray...followed bt air :eek:
its a little bit overboard, I know, but when it comes to painting stuff, I've wasted too much time, trying to save it...

Last time I had a paint flash, like what happened on your block, I had to use an aircraft grade paint stripper, 2x, to get every last bit of oil that was in the pores of the metal, out, so the paint would adhere...

But, that's just my low budget, average home garage tech, technique...
Good luck!
:thumb:

That's just the thing, the machine shop hot tanked and baked the Block in an oven. I wondered if maybe it was too slick and didn't stick... I know that's prolly crazy thinking lol.

JDPlowboy

Feb 6, 2011
646e3ab513fa7c091c003d53b2f5a427.jpg

I shot it early in the morning once shop got warmed up with the first cost of primer. Then a second coat 4 hrs later. And let it set over night. Seemed to be good and hard this am when shop got warmed up again.

JDPlowboy

Feb 6, 2011
78e41e59a253bc1d587bb5a4752444a2.jpg

Shot it with one coat of top coat and hardner. I'll see what it looks like tomorrow. Don't know if it's actually working better or if I just have this much more time and pride in it and I just think it's working better lol.

ILuvJDM

Jul 15, 2014
Austin, Texas
Looks so easy to install a brand new water pump tats keyed or welded. Is that in your plans? How many miles are on your current one?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I wish I had time to sit down and tidy all my underhood wiring up...

Engine is looking good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
From the sounds of the testing EDP did all he would need to upgrade should he chose is 2" up pipes but I bet that thing sounds dang good when she's running

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JDPlowboy

Feb 6, 2011
He's spent 25k already. We can always bring it back and continue to build. He just wants to get it back for awhile now lol