Lbz build pictures along the way.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
Well it smoked the new turbo twice now... I'm not sure what is going on.
Where you pulling oil from? If supply is good i would be looking at the drain. Maybe its kinked or something. I have like 50k on my S366, oil supply from the oil filter adapter and a hose clamped onto the cut factory drain tube.

JDPlowboy

Feb 6, 2011
Had 20k on the last truck the turbo and kit was on with no issues, same drain and oil feed line, going to move supply closer to oil filter

JDPlowboy

Feb 6, 2011
Front passenger side oil galley. My guess is since the engine Isn't as tight as a stock engine, there isn't enough oil flow at the end of the oil galley where it's picking up

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Front passenger side oil galley. My guess is since the engine Isn't as tight as a stock engine, there isn't enough oil flow at the end of the oil galley where it's picking up

That sucks man...has this happened just since your build? I know on the LS stuff there is an O-ring around the pickup tube that can cause choas if not installed properly, and there's 3 sizes to chose from too

Do you think you might need more oil flow? From a bigger/better pump?
I was told the factory pump flowed plenty, but may consider a Melling pump for my build...I've probably got, today, to figure it out...

JDPlowboy

Feb 6, 2011
That sucks man...has this happened just since your build? I know on the LS stuff there is an O-ring around the pickup tube that can cause choas if not installed properly, and there's 3 sizes to chose from too

Do you think you might need more oil flow? From a bigger/better pump?
I was told the factory pump flowed plenty, but may consider a Melling pump for my build...I've probably got, today, to figure it out...

Yep only thing that has changed was the engine build.