Kory Willis or Idaho Rob?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
I've ridden in trucks tuned by many others. Shlonghorn (garbage), Nick @ DT (not impressed), Tony (good stuff), Rob (great stuff), Kory's (good), Caleb @ blackout (great big single tuner). Never been in a bobo tuned truck but don't like him simply because he's a royal dick anytime he shows face on a forum and has a very bad reputation.

this, Bob shows up and is a dick. OP robs tunes are awesome and after bob told my friend to take a hike we had robs tunes in a day! He and Dustin are awesome to deal with!! :thumb:

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
this, Bob shows up and is a dick. OP robs tunes are awesome and after bob told my friend to take a hike we had robs tunes in a day! He and Dustin are awesome to deal with!! :thumb:

:thumb: customers come first above anything :hug:

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
One day we will stop bringing up shit from 8 years ago and realize people have moved on.

There is a difference between people who straight up rip others off (I don't think that should be let go of) and when people have fallings out with each other and just let it go.

Or we can keep having tuna wars over shit that no one cares about just for drama. Go watch TV for drama and not DD

edit-this comment isn't aimed at any one person

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
One day we will stop bringing up shit from 8 years ago and realize people have moved on.

There is a difference between people who straight up rip others off (I don't think that should be let go of) and when people have fallings out with each other and just let it go.

Or we can keep having tuna wars over shit that no one cares about just for drama. Go watch TV for drama and not DD

edit-this comment isn't aimed at any one person

your a dick Andrew :roflmao:

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
Rob is very good. He did DSP tunes for my first set of twins. Then a few years later for another different turbo setup on a built engine. Both made good power and just as important, they were a pleasure to drive. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I wrote one of the first LBZ race tunes about 7 years ago? The truck runs mid 12's, and >80,000 miles later the pistons are still intact. It took 8 dyno hours.

By now, all tuners should have that capability.

So who cares who's name you put on the check?

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Exactly Pat. It's funny to me how threads like this start. I don't care who tunes my truck, I want it to run the number, and from what I have seen over the years, all of the top tuners will be do that easily. Seems like people just play for favorites.
By asking Rob or Kory, it's just asking for insulting posts, and by picking one or the other makes some people feel Kory or Rob weren't "up to their standards"

Like Tom (the bac) said in D's thread... "who cares";)

I prefer DieselPlace tunes, so, take that. :eek:

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I hear that McRat guy ain't to bad at tuneing either:hug: I loved the tune ingot from him tranny lived a long and happy life and pistons stayed together for 90k miles not too shabby

Jun 29, 2013
Washington
I stopped paying attention to this post a while ago...I should be comfortable with who tubes my truck and you bet that matters, so why not get opinions of others? I may have asked the first question but you guys fed the hate in this thread. Not me

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
i dont really like threads like this...there are plenty of good tuners out there and its really not fair to the tuners that also frequent this forum to say that one is better the the other when not everyone has tried every tuner out there...and im sure some people are just going by what they read on the interweb. :(

and for the record i went with Rob because I support local businesses and hes the closest to me. I'm happy= I don't need to try anyone else. :)

Jun 29, 2013
Washington
Don't blame the OP blame the people who started arguing, I just care about who tunes my 30,000 dollar truck and would like the best of the best

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I wasn't trying to start Shit all I'm saying is there's 2 sides to everything.Like him or not Bob is 1 of the best tuners in the country and I was saying that Bob tuned for Rob back in the day.

Yes there is no guessing where Bob is coming from.lolMy apologies to the op and anyone else that took my post wrong just stating the facts and I wssnt knocking anyone in here others started that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.