Killed another Mustang

taysdmax

USCG
May 28, 2010
Cali-NC
Driving back from a buddies house around midnight and some preppy kid pulled up in his Mustang GT at the light next to me hauling ass and blaring his music and reving his engine:screwy:...so I spool up and power brake to about 1800RPMs! Green light hits and you can here the poor ford struggling. Destroyed him...couldnt come close to me. He turned at about 50 MPH at the next light...i guess if i got beat by a big ass truck in my "sports car" i would exit in a hurry too lol Gotta love a Duramax! :D

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I find just about anyone who has a Mustang thinks they're quick. I had a older guy in a late model rag top (top down) with some special badges on the fenders,I dunno what it was. No Cobra

Anyway we were side by side at the light and left together ,I heard his exhaust note start whaling so I knew he was stepping deep in it . I rolled into it as the ass end of my truck was fighting for traction I blew right by him.

As we climbed a slight incline I couldn't resist in rolling into the coals for a proper sooty smoky see ya later send off. :D

Mustangs are easy kills ,you gotta watch some of them although but you normally win the traction game from dead stops.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Bet you don't beat my Mustang.
In reality none of you guys can play with the fast cars unless you can do a boosted launch. You will lose every time. If you try it from a roll you will get your clock cleaned.
On the street; a 13.0 Mustang will beat a 12 second Duramax. On the track; different story.

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
In reality none of you guys can play with the fast cars unless you can do a boosted launch. You will lose every time. If you try it from a roll you will get your clock cleaned.
On the street; a 13.0 Mustang will beat a 12 second Duramax. On the track; different story.

x2 true that, 13.0 diesel trucks 4x4 traps ~100.
13.0 mustang traps ~105.

Thats a huge difference on the road, and its a car vs a truck drag sucks around 130mph for me :(

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
True, but most of these young guys cant drive their cars.

Its the old guys like you that are the street warriors:D

And if you dont beat the stang, your still gonna hang with it and thats saying alot for a 7000 # Truck ;)

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
My stang will be an 11sec box stock car. If I play with it it will do 9's. But I won't.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

and your probably right!! haha but for most of the guys that buy the car off the lot and dont know what we have for power, it can be a different story.

can i race you anyhow :D:D hell i did like you said and pulled the intake heater element out so thats gotta give me an extra 50hp!!! hehehe :hug: btw mike, i still need to drag you to disney land lol

Randy5.0

MAKE IT 3 YDS MF
Sep 7, 2008
My stang will be an 11sec box stock car. If I play with it it will do 9's. But I won't.

Are you buying a 2011 5.0? Theres a bunch of fast ones already. Evolution Performance has claimed to go 10.20 on the stock clutch and 6 speed. Strictly Performance went 9.96 with a C-4 and Fogger setup. I want one really bad but I would settle to swap that new 5.0 into my 89

taysdmax

USCG
May 28, 2010
Cali-NC

I guess you didnt read the story cause I did get a boosted launch and I just got brand new O/R tires so there was nothing but traction....but I woud agree for the most part

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I guess you didnt read the story cause I did get a boosted launch and I just got brand new O/R tires so there was nothing but traction....but I woud agree for the most part

I did read the story and I totaly believe you. I was speaking in general terms only on what would probably happen when you aren't able to use a boosted launch. :D

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI

I think im confused?

On the street from a dead go 12sec dirtymax would lose to a 13.0 mustang? With a 4x4 boosted launch vs. 2wd stang, in street conditions?

Im assuming your talking from 0 to top end then... cuz i dont know how many people race for a half mile.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I think im confused?

On the street from a dead go 12sec dirtymax would lose to a 13.0 mustang? With a 4x4 boosted launch vs. 2wd stang, in street conditions?

Im assuming your talking from 0 to top end then... cuz i dont know how many people race for a half mile.
I could be wrong, but I think he was talking about racing from a roll. Like if you were to pull up next to a Mustang on the freeway and both of you punch it.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I could be wrong, but I think he was talking about racing from a roll. Like if you were to pull up next to a Mustang on the freeway and both of you punch it.

I swear my truck runs 12.1's and during this kind of race i have always gotten my ass handed too me

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI

lol sorry, now that i go back a reread it, there is a bit more sense being made... moving forward!

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
:D I raced a new gt from a roll he jumped me till bout 75 then i flew past him also done digs with 2000-current gt's not sure whats so special but i know i wont beat yours mike :D everytime i race from a roll they jump me for a sec but thats it even when i was stock with just tuning an trans