Killed another Mustang

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
We should all go sell our trucks and anything else we own that is GM and go buy a new Ford...

Randy5.0

MAKE IT 3 YDS MF
Sep 7, 2008
We should all go sell our trucks and anything else we own that is GM and go buy a new Ford...

No we shouldn't. I had a chance to sell my truck last week and just couldn't do it. I guess I didn't want a new 5.0 that bad. They do run good though.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
No we shouldn't. I had a chance to sell my truck last week and just couldn't do it. I guess I didn't want a new 5.0 that bad. They do run good though.
I was just :poke:

That video was pretty funny though.

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
Ok, after reading this WHOLE thread so far and even watching the funny video, this is what I have to say. Yeah the 5.0s were nice in the 80's/90's, but now everyone and their brother has a freakin 5.0 Foxbody mustang and think that they can wax anything on the road. I'm sorry but IMO the stock 302 in those things were turds until you started adding parts. Another thing, I have always found the Firebird/Trans Am to be WAY more appealing than a Camaro, especially in the late 90's and early 00's. The WS6 Ram Air was a freakin BEAST. The new Camaro is nice and all, but it is truly sad that Pontiac is gone and no chance of a Trans Am or GTO coming back. Its about time Ford actually had the Mustang GT put out some decent numbers. My favorite Mustangs ever built were the 2003/2004 Mach 1s and Cobras. Not saying that they were fast, but they looked good and ran decent after some parts were thrown on them.

Now about the Duramax vs Mustang deal. I WAX my friend's 2002 4.6 Mustang GT all day, even on my lower tunes. But I have to say if he starts throwing some serious parts on it, he might get me...might...:rofl:

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
OH!! and another thing to add. Majority (not saying all) mustang owners act like total douchebags, they try to race anybody in anything anywhere. They always seem to talk $#%* too. I like to add that the Mustang was NOT the first muscle car, the Pontiac GTO was. Every Mustang guy seems to believe the Mustang was the first muscle car, NO, it was just a little pony car made to attract youth to Ford Motor Company. But I know a couple of guys who are pretty cool with Mustangs.

Last edited:

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
People can hate all they want but the new Mustang is proven to be bad ass. Is there any new Camaro's without going inside the motor running 10's naturally aspirated? Ford had good push rod motors. If the 302 5.0 was a failure your saddly mistaken. Big Block 88 if in the mid 90's you was getting beat by everything in a cobra then something was wrong. In the mid 90's I never lost to a prush rod GM in my as MMLMM put it gangster Mustang. I always get a kick out of the kill posts about running Mustangs, Corvettes, and Camoro's on the interstate. I guess Paint must be the only one running the real bad ass cars in those types of races since he said he gets beat and his truck runs big mph.

I don't hate on them at all, I just think all the hype is bull shit, the 5.0 is a new motor not proven in anyway other than it can make it through a 1/4 season of races... You also realize the 5.0 just came out this year, what will happen when the LS motors get to answer back?? And yeah the original 5.0 was a HUGE badass all 225hp:rofl: I loved my Cobra I just hatyed getting waxed by LT and LS powered cars even 454ss silvy's. I was very young at the time but it wasn't just driver error if a cars is slow a car is slow.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
the car and driver vid I just watched said the camaro ran 13.0 and the 5.0 ran 13.2....

The Mustang has lost in the 1/4 mile tests every time to the Camaroe STOCK power. The Mustang can supossedly pull away from a roll when raceing on the highway. And Ford boys claim that the new 5.0 can make 1999hp on stock internals naturally aspirated... I have yet to see it, I have seen a high 11 with the new 5.0, don't get me wrong that is an awsome number for a basically stock car with simple bolt ons but it isn't to impressive when the LS motors with similar mods are running 11 aswell.

I am thrilled as shit GM/Ford and even Dodge (in some respects) are all makeing huge power numbers and cars faster than ever. GM has been lonely at the top for the last decade maybe someone can give them a run in a class besides 10.5

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
OH!! and another thing to add. Majority (not saying all) mustang owners act like total douchebags, they try to race anybody in anything anywhere. They always seem to talk $#%* too. I like to add that the Mustang was NOT the first muscle car, the Pontiac GTO was. Every Mustang guy seems to believe the Mustang was the first muscle car, NO, it was just a little pony car made to attract youth to Ford Motor Company. But I know a couple of guys who are pretty cool with Mustangs.

The GTO was NOT the first muscle car. The GTO came out about 5 years after Chevy, Ford, Dodge/Plymouth came out with different models of muscle cars.
I went to work for Pontiac in '64 when the GTO came out and I was driving a '61 Ford Starliner 406 ci tri power. Chevy had their 409 ci in 1961, and Dodge/Ply had their 413 ci dual quad ram manifold motor in 1961. Pontiac had their 389 ci tri power in 1960 then went to a 421 ci late 1962.
The GTO came out at the same time as the Chevelle SS396. I have owned most of the above cars.

Randy5.0

MAKE IT 3 YDS MF
Sep 7, 2008
I don't hate on them at all, I just think all the hype is bull shit, the 5.0 is a new motor not proven in anyway other than it can make it through a 1/4 season of races... You also realize the 5.0 just came out this year, what will happen when the LS motors get to answer back?? And yeah the original 5.0 was a HUGE badass all 225hp:rofl: I loved my Cobra I just hatyed getting waxed by LT and LS powered cars even 454ss silvy's. I was very young at the time but it wasn't just driver error if a cars is slow a car is slow.

Congrats on being the only Cobra owner on the planet to lose a race to a 454ss. :joker:

68skylark455

Larry the "Stroker"
Aug 7, 2008
Texas
www.larrysperformancepalace.com
Actually an Olds was considered the first muscle car.
The growing public interest in speed and power gave birth to what many regard as the first muscle machine, the 1949 Oldsmobile Rocket 88. It was a car any hot-rodder could understand: a powerful new engine in the lighter Olds body. And the engine was a breakthrough: America's first high-compression overhead-valve V-8, the result of research begun at General Motors well before the war.

Though GM's Cadillac Division introduced a similar V-8 for '49, it was the smaller, fleeter Olds 88s that grabbed public attention, especially when they started to dominate stock-car racing.

Because success in Detroit never goes unchallenged for long, the Rocket 88s soon had showroom competition and a horsepower race was on. By 1955, most every U.S. nameplate offered light, efficient V-8s. Two of the best remain performance legends to this day.

68skylark455

Larry the "Stroker"
Aug 7, 2008
Texas
Ok, I have always found the Firebird/Trans Am to be WAY more appealing than a Camaro, especially in the late 90's and early 00's. The WS6 Ram Air was a freakin BEAST. The new Camaro is nice and all, but it is truly sad that Pontiac is gone and no chance of a Trans Am or GTO coming back. QUOTE]

This is how you fix the new camaro
hrdp_1003_01lingenfelter_lta_trans_.jpg

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Im a mustang guy, owned a few and always will be a mustang guy. I am also a Duramax guy. Who says you cant love certain cars/trucks no matter what there brand? The '11 5.0 is pretty bad ass, it is awesome to see manufs. keeping the horsepower spirit alive. with all the rules they must follow, its nice to see what can still be offered. I never was one for a manufacture, there are lots of cars I love out there, but cant stand other cars built by same manufacture.

Also the "I waxed a mustang" crap is BS most of the time on here too. Of course you did, you have the equivalent of adding supercharger power to a mustang in a tune alone.. All these "waxes" by a duramax were tuned vs. stock or lightly modified mustangs. Obviously the duramax can do impressive things with cheap mods (IE: tuning) but stock form, not going to happen too often.

68skylark455

Larry the "Stroker"
Aug 7, 2008
Texas
That looks like crap IMHO, lol.

No way I would be caught dead in that, not even if I was a firebird/camaro/mullet lover. :D

Yea, its a little over done but the blue version is actually sold by ligenfelter and looks sweet in person, they even did an LS based 455 with over 600hp in it.

Whats wrong with a mullet anyways:rockon::beavisnbutthead: The eighties was the best time ever for hotrods and hairbands, my kids still tease me about my music but they still sneak it out of my room to put in their Ipods and phones. I refuse to post any pictures of my glory days!

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
Yea, its a little over done but the blue version is actually sold by ligenfelter and looks sweet in person, they even did an LS based 455 with over 600hp in it.

Whats wrong with a mullet anyways:rockon::beavisnbutthead: The eighties was the best time ever for hotrods and hairbands, my kids still tease me about my music but they still sneak it out of my room to put in their Ipods and phones. I refuse to post any pictures of my glory days!

Yea, but I might :angel: