TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Taking others tunes and making changes to them dont make them yours. Tuning stock trucks isnt anything special either as they could be tunes from PPE, Rob, Nick, Trent, Dustin and whoever doesnt lock their stock motored tunes with changes. Hell Pat told guys years ago how to make a race tune. I'm sure guys made changes to that and called them their own also. Look at the quick 50 list for guys that know what they are doing. Someone that just started tuning with efi and dmaxes has seen others tunes if they have produced their own for sale in that amount of time.

So you are telling me that nobody can start in the business now, because some tuners are already established? Justin decides he wants to learn to turn Duramax's moving from gas engine and invests lots of time testing and tuning his own truck. Datalogging changes, reading online, etc... Since there were tuners before him he doesn't get credit and he's stealing tunes?

I'm all for Rob's tunes and I personally run them on my truck. I just think this thread is getting ridiculous.

Justin found something he liked and jumped on it. I personally know Dallas along with some other guys had some poor tuning they purchased from a tuner that was HORRIBLE. Justin stepped in and gave them tunes for free trying to help them out, that led to him expanding his tuning from the LLY platform he'd been working with for long before he bought tunes from Rob. He then expanded to other platforms learning and tuning.

Who are you guys to take food out of Justin's mouth when he's just trying to run a business selling a good product and providing good customer service?

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
So you are telling me that nobody can start in the business now, because some tuners are already established? Justin decides he wants to learn to turn Duramax's moving from gas engine and invests lots of time testing and tuning his own truck. Datalogging changes, reading online, etc... Since there were tuners before him he doesn't get credit and he's stealing tunes?

I'm all for Rob's tunes and I personally run them on my truck. I just think this thread is getting ridiculous.

Justin found something he liked and jumped on it. I personally know Dallas along with some other guys had some poor tuning they purchased from a tuner that was HORRIBLE. Justin stepped in and gave them tunes for free trying to help them out, that led to him expanding his tuning from the LLY platform he'd been working with for long before he bought tunes from Rob. He then expanded to other platforms learning and tuning.

Who are you guys to take food out of Justin's mouth when he's just trying to run a business selling a good product and providing good customer service?
Then why dont you clowns that came on here together go where he is a vendor and push his product???? You dont see other tuners popping up on here with their fan club bragging up their product do you??

2009RavenR1

May 1, 2011
Dyno tunes are good for dynos... Drag race tunes are good for drag races...

What about a good driving daily tune? That means more to me than anything. Anybody can throw an assload of fuel, timing, and command a lot of boost and put down big numbers.. But for how long? How does it drive on the street?

I tune for street manners. I am happy with my tuning, I know lots of other people who are happy with my tuning. You can believe what you want.

I didn't come to this site looking to "prove myself" I was just trying to answer a question to the OP.

-Justin

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I agree that it looks bad now, but it was completely innocent. He bought a v2 and they were free. Prior to buying or receiving those tunes he had a thread on DF on how to write a tune and had dyno'd his truck at 603hp on his tune.

You'll believe what you want, but he didn't steal his tuning from Rob.
What did he use to tune it when he dynoed 603 HP? HPTuners? Also, I never said he stole Rob's tuning. I was just confused about why he needed to "buy" tunes from another tuner if he knows enough about tuning to write a DIY, hence the :confused: smiley (it means confused). I didn't know the tunes came with the V2 because you said he bought the tunes, which he didn't. He bought the V2; the tunes were free.

2009RavenR1

May 1, 2011
Then why dont you clowns that came on here together go where he is a vendor and push his product???? You dont see other tuners popping up on here with their fan club bragging up their product do you??

So how are people who have never seen my product able to bash it?

Double standard?

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ

Came on here together? I've been on here longer then either of the other two.

I'm not as active on this forum, but I do know quite a few guys that are more active on here. I also have other posts on here before any of this transpired.

As for him being a vendor, he's not... He didn't bring himself onto the forum, someone else did. He was being attacked and it wasn't right, so I took it upon myself to defend his side.

You call me a fan club, but I've said multiple times that I run someone elses tuning. I just don't think it's right that someone is attacked and falsely accused of wrong doing. You don't know anybody running his tunes and I do, everybody was very happy.

2009RavenR1

May 1, 2011
And I used EFI live before...

I broke my old V2 when I sent it flying across the garage floor... I needed a replacement.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Your not talking to someone that doesnt know that already about tuning. Let me ask you this, what trucks have you tuned with built motors, dual fuelers, big twins or tripples, atleast a set of 60% overs that daily drive and have great street manners?

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
What did he use to tune it when he dynoed 603 HP? HPTuners? Also, I never said he stole Rob's tuning. I was just confused about why he needed to "buy" tunes from another tuner if he knows enough about tuning to write a DIY, hence the :confused: smiley (it means confused). I didn't know the tunes came with the V2 because you said he bought the tunes, which he didn't. He bought the V2; the tunes were free.

He had a v2 that was damaged, he was buying a replacement v2 from a vendor on DF. He bought the v2 through a group buy from a vendor on DF and it came with free tunes. Marketing 101, there is no such thing as a free lunch. He bought tunes and a v2, how that money is allocated internally on a business is irrelevant to me.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
And I used EFI live before...

I broke my old V2 when I sent it flying across the garage floor... I needed a replacement.
Why bother to get the tunes from Rob? You don't have to get them you know. If you like your tuning, why bother with someone elses? I got a tune from Pat when I first bought my EFILive from him because I had no idea what I was doing. I ran it for a little while, but once I figured out what NOT to do with EFILive, I ran my own stuff pretty much exclusively unless I was trying something out for a friend because they asked for feedback on it.

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Rob isnt a vendor here either, I say good luck to this guy.

If he writes a nice tune,He will get noticed.

I agree. A lot of assumptions being made about this guy and his tuning. In my eyes he didn't do anything wrong. Just answered a question the OP was asking. I didn't see him "pimping" anything.

No offense to any of the tuning gods but I'm sure there are plenty of guys out there who can do quality EFI Live tunes and just don't have a huge following. Doesn't mean they stole someone's tunes.

Edit: For the record before I get accused of nutswinging. I don't know this guy, hadn't heard of him before this thread.

2009RavenR1

May 1, 2011
Your not talking to someone that doesnt know that already about tuning. Let me ask you this, what trucks have you tuned with built motors, dual fuelers, big twins or tripples, atleast a set of 60% overs that daily drive and have great street manners?

Well considering my truck doesn't have either of those things... I could care less about it.

I daily drive my rig, so do 99% of Duramax owners. Here shortly when the drag lb7 gets going then we can talk about drag times.

I am glad that .05% of the EFI market is all you care about... this is a moot point.

2009RavenR1

May 1, 2011
Why bother to get the tunes from Rob? You don't have to get them you know. If you like your tuning, why bother with someone elses? I got a tune from Pat when I first bought my EFILive from him because I had no idea what I was doing. I ran it for a little while, but once I figured out what NOT to do with EFILive, I ran my own stuff pretty much exclusively unless I was trying something out for a friend because they asked for feedback on it.

I ran Rob's tuning for all of about 10 minutes. Then put my tuning back in.

I had no intentions of selling tunes at that time... So why NOT take 2 FREE tunes from one of the best if not the best in the business?

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Well considering my truck doesn't have either of those things... I could care less about it.

I daily drive my rig, so do 99% of Duramax owners. Here shortly when the drag lb7 gets going then we can talk about drag times.

I am glad that .05% of the EFI market is all you care about... this is a moot point.

No you didnt see where I was going with my question. Someone that can actually tune can make something like I described run and have good street manners. Stock turbo trucks with stock injectors has been done for years.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
He had a v2 that was damaged, he was buying a replacement v2 from a vendor on DF. He bought the v2 through a group buy from a vendor on DF and it came with free tunes. Marketing 101, there is no such thing as a free lunch. He bought tunes and a v2, how that money is allocated internally on a business is irrelevant to me.
EFILive 101, the minimum price of a V2 is set by EFILive. If an authorized EFILive vendor don't sell it for that price, they could lose their vendor status. Many tuners offer tunes as an incentive to buy from them over someone else. As someone who already knows how to tune, Justin would have no use for the marketing product Rob includes with his V2 sales.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
It's been a while since there has been a thread with some controversy lol and makes for a little fun. Don't take anything personally.

2009RavenR1

May 1, 2011
EFILive 101, the minimum price of a V2 is set by EFILive. If an authorized EFILive vendor don't sell it for that price, they could lose their vendor status. Many tuners offer tunes as an incentive to buy from them over someone else. As someone who already knows how to tune, Justin would have no use for the marketing product Rob includes with his V2 sales.

Depends on who you buy from. I can sell my V2's for whatever I want.... I just have to advertise at MAP