July '24 Chat -- Things that go "Boom" in the Night, and other random thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Watched the world's largest steam locomotive pass by on its way into Roseville, CA. today after work. Going to try and see it while it's on display over the weekend.

For those close enough and like old steam locomotives, here is a schedule of it's rout

Here is my video of it passing by.

Source: https://youtu.be/cPJDDtNRzzA

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
We can all only hope this will curtail their excessive rulings. We are being ruled by unelected bureaucrats, and that isnt right.
Eventually, those agencies will figure out a way to get around that ruling, or some executive order will be written as such. Such is our gov't.

Love those old trains! Amazing what we built back then, isnt it?

Daughter, Son-in-law and our grandson are in town this weekend!!!!! We picked them up at the airport a few hours ago!

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Listen to a number of people who have gone over this ruling. Mark Smith - four box dinner has a good take on it. Basically nothing will really change unless a case is brought before a court and the court strikes down the regulation. Otherwise it's business as usual. The only difference really is instead of the lower courts referring to the agencies as the experts, they are supposed to weigh the evidence and actions taken by said agency and see if it's in line with the laws passed by Congress. If so then it stands. If not then it's thrown out. But unless a lawsuit is successfully brought before a court then the EPA or whatever agencies rules stand

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Love those old trains! Amazing what we built back then, isnt it?

Daughter, Son-in-law and our grandson are in town this weekend!!!!! We picked them up at the airport a few hours ago!
I can only imagine the number of CA residents having an aneurysm with that coal roller going by. You can tell it's a show piece, not a single car had graffiti 🤣

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I can only imagine the number of CA residents having an aneurysm with that coal roller going by. You can tell it's a show piece, not a single car had graffiti 🤣
I wish that train was still coal powered. Was converted to run on oil. Would be neat if there was still coal shoveling and cars over filled with coal behind the engine.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I wish that train was still coal powered. Was converted to run on oil. Would be neat if there was still coal shoveling and cars over filled with coal behind the engine.
Really? Seems kinda dark. I've seen raw crude around here burn pretty clean. Good idea for an alternative fuel. Maybe it's used engine oil from all the diesel trains?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Really? Seems kinda dark. I've seen raw crude around here burn pretty clean. Good idea for an alternative fuel. Maybe it's used engine oil from all the diesel trains?
Could be. They say it runs on No. 5 oil or bunker B. Probably could use all the old oil from their trains and other vehicles and call it "number 5"

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
This annoys me more as a USN Vet

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
This annoys me more as a USN Vet

😲. WOW!

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
It’s used in the cosmetics industry but it’s got another name for industrial uses. I used to see the bunker boats constantly. That terminology got me, I’ve never heard of fuel oil called bunker oil and I live and work in the marine industry.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
It’s used in the cosmetics industry but it’s got another name for industrial uses. I used to see the bunker boats constantly. That terminology got me, I’ve never heard of fuel oil called bunker oil and I live and work in the marine industry.
It's a navy thing apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.