iPhone 4G to be released June 24th!!!

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Every phone ive had loses some bars when you wrap your hands around it, although it looks as though some of these early iphones might be worse.

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
I'm still rocking the 3G, and I'm not sold on the new phone yet. Mostly because I flippin hate ATT. My phone will drop calls all the time in the most populated areas, with good service even.

I'm not sure I'm willing to upgrade to the new phone and be stuck with ATT for another 2 years. I might wait to see if this Verizon rumor about getting the new Iphone is true or just go Droid.

kman2468

Old Man Truck
May 3, 2009
im not getting new one till i figure out if i get service in wyoming where ill be for college. if i do out there then i am most likely getting the new one

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
AT&T service is junk. If Apple had paired with Verizon on the Iphone they would have something. As it is the Iphone is pretty much worthless with such terrible service. AT&T doesn't get service at my house or my work. Ridiculous

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I sure hope that you can use any network with the iPhone soon, then all these app loving ATT haters will step the **** off my network.

kman2468

Old Man Truck
May 3, 2009
i dont get good service in my house. but i only use my phone to text, so i can text all day long. but as soon as i pick up the phone to call, it drops. so that is why i only text!

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Kman, as far as the reception issue goes, i held my phone like that while on a call (in speaker phone mode so i could see the bars) and it dropped all the way down to one little bar and then hit "searching" aka no-service, yet the call wasnt dropped. Possibly a software issue?

kman2468

Old Man Truck
May 3, 2009
thats what they were saying on apple forum board thing. that people had it drop to the searching but they were still talking. and they some people believed it was softwear. alot didnt. im not sure tho. and plus i think i want the white ones cause the bumpers look better on them! unless they make a red bumper soon i will wait for white one

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
lol ya it was alot
and you can now zoom with the camera with the IOS4
and if i wanna upgrade now itll cost me 400 bucks

Gf upgrade to the IOS4 for the zoom and now her 3g web does not work at all phone is slower acting also. I wish she left it alone was working fine and the zoom sucks pics are fuzzier.

taysdmax

USCG
May 28, 2010
Cali-NC
I cant wait for verizon to come out with an iphone i dont get service at base with AT&T which is half of my life so F^&* AT&T

kman2468

Old Man Truck
May 3, 2009
Gf upgrade to the IOS4 for the zoom and now her 3g web does not work at all phone is slower acting also. I wish she left it alone was working fine and the zoom sucks pics are fuzzier.

ya it does make the fuzzier. that is weird tho. make sure the 3g is turned on in the settings. i get 3g?

JShe8918

Feb 17, 2009
I'm still rocking the 3G, and I'm not sold on the new phone yet. Mostly because I flippin hate ATT. My phone will drop calls all the time in the most populated areas, with good service even.

I'm not sure I'm willing to upgrade to the new phone and be stuck with ATT for another 2 years. I might wait to see if this Verizon rumor about getting the new Iphone is true or just go Droid.

The rumor is true and they have a date set for release. My aunt is the manager over a verizon store in demopolis and the date is set sometime is November for it to be released, BUT it isn't supposed to be just a regular iphone 4. It is supposed to be a little different. Verizon sucks in my area. It drops calls and echo's all day long here. Therefore att and southern linc are the only two phones used here. BUT if you drive 40 miles away and talk over 30% of your minutes in linden more than 4 months in a row. Then you get your service cut off with no disconnect fees due to them having to pay usage fees to the verizon towers... Lol. So it is odd here. Now i find out that since i preordered my New phone it will be shipped to my house around july 15th BUT the store is getting a stock of them on june 29th. WTF... Why can't i just pick one up in store on the 29th. It is crazy.

taysdmax

USCG
May 28, 2010
Cali-NC
The rumor is true and they have a date set for release. My aunt is the manager over a verizon store in demopolis and the date is set sometime is November for it to be released, BUT it isn't supposed to be just a regular iphone 4. It is supposed to be a little different. Verizon sucks in my area. It drops calls and echo's all day long here. Therefore att and southern linc are the only two phones used here. BUT if you drive 40 miles away and talk over 30% of your minutes in linden more than 4 months in a row. Then you get your service cut off with no disconnect fees due to them having to pay usage fees to the verizon towers... Lol. So it is odd here. Now i find out that since i preordered my New phone it will be shipped to my house around july 15th BUT the store is getting a stock of them on june 29th. WTF... Why can't i just pick one up in store on the 29th. It is crazy.

Ive been hearing dates left and right on when verizon is coming out with the iphone untill i see a commercial on it or something on the verizon or apple website i dont believe it....