#%^*ing thieves

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
Infrared Deer cameras works good on catching thieves us rednecks have to multitask with our stuff :grd:

picture.php

did you catch that guy?

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
We are not yet a conceal state. Just so you know:hug:

Eta:, Wolf sorry for you loss. It seems these threads are popping up more and more. Hopefully you get something out of this.

?

I was just stating that I have a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

stacks04

Nov 16, 2007
Terryville,Ct
I was referring to you saying you have a "conceal" permit. It is not a conceal permit, but a permit to carry a pistol or revolver. Just was clearing up a misconception. Please dont take it the wrong way:) We dont have a law stating how we have to carry the gun, yet anyway. This homo malloy may be the decider of all things firearms in ct though very soon.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
THIS is why you shoot to kill. Dead people cant tell stories (unless your 2pac). All you gotta say is they stated they had a gun and reached into their pocket and you feared for yours and your families safety. Whos gonna argue that? I dont give a shit what anyone says but if you are breaking into my home with my family in it or stealing something out of my shop/garage I will make that determination of what to do. If people start eliminating these assholes others will likely think twice about doing so in the future. The whole damn reason they do it is because they know if they get caught they will not get severely punished and also because they know people are scared to shoot them in the first place. I got a CCW for a reason. Its just one more thing in your favor if this ever does occur.

You NEVER shoot to kill (or at least never say you shot to kill), you shoot to stop the threat... If stopping the threat means a dirt nap for the perp.... :dontknow:

Here in MO, we've got a pretty decent Castle Doctrine that allows us to "Stand our ground".

True, my house was robbed the 26th of last month and I promise I would have shot whoever it was. Though it wouldnt be with the intent to kill but I would defintely aim for something painful like a knee.

NEVER shoot to wound, EVER. You need to shoot center mass/CNS in order to stop the threat. If you have someone who's hopped up on something, shooting them in an extremity is NOT going to stop them... heck, often center mass doesn't stop them right away. Not to mention legs and arms are much smaller targets (more likely to miss).

You're right, dead people cant sue you.

But their families can, etc etc etc...

All you guys talk the talk but Id be hard pressed to believe that if any of you guys were put in that situation tomorrow, you would actually shoot to kill if some idiot started messing with your truck. Until it actually happens, its all talk. Im sorry, and I dont mean to offend you guys and your badass-seriousness, but I just dont buy it. :eek:

what about those hillbillies in texas that shot that family who was offroading on their property? That worked out really well for them didnt it. :rolleyes:

until it happens, no macho puffing out of chests or flashing of weapons you have will convince me. Sorry... :(

ben

In some states you are correct, but some states like MO have laws to protect people from trash. If someone puts my life in danger or someone breaks into my house, if I shoot & kill them, our laws say that when the shoot is justified, I will be immune from any lawsuits that the trash's family might want to try to file.

Last edited:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
^ seeing how I was the only one that mentioned gun in this thread, I guess you are talking about my post. There was no macho talk in it about using a gun, I thought I clarified that in my second post....

As for your incident, I see a few things wrong with your statement for a guy that posses a concealed weapon, but I am not even going to post about it. And yes I do know a thing or two about CCW laws and self defense with a firearm. ;)

That sucks you were put in that position, I hope nobody ever has to go thru something like that. It can be very dramatic for some.

See something wrong with what?

The friend and I were out drinking on a raw raining Wednesday evening. We were at a strip joint in Waterbury CT right next to a project. That was the first issue I had to deal with having a loaded gun in a saloon ,well I wasn't going to leave it in my vehicle either,but lets not be concerned with that ,that is over and done with.

When we walked out the front door two Eggplants rolled right up on us weapons drawn. I stood my ground in front of the building while my friend was led away towards the side of the building with a gun held to his head.

Luckily I stood my ground as patrons were coming and going and luckily for us seen what was going on and called the police. I had a decent set of beer balls going on therefore stood my ground as he tried to get me around the corner where my friend was. I told him relax and reached into my pocket and threw the $2 I had reserved for the lovely ladies on the stage that didn't get it.

That was enough distraction for me to book on the side of car and draw my weapon. When I looked up he was gone and the cops rolled into the parking lot simultaneously . All of this happened in about a minute.

What would you have done cowboy,pulled out your weapon shucked a load in the chamber and hope he missed his shot standing two feet from ya? Gamble he had no bullets? When a gun is drawn on you ,I dunno the last thing on my mind is hey my guns bigger wanna see?

I considered myself lucky. My friend also left unscathed by tossing his wallet in the air and booking. We laugh today but it was some scary shit.

Then I had to deal with the cops for obvious reasons.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Just so you all know I definitely believe in protecting one's self and property loved ones etc etc. IMO although the use of deadly force should not be taken so lightly. And it's talk like this that drives the liberal bastards to draw up laws that try and inhibit gun ownership with shoot first ask questions later attitude.

I'm aware some things said are jokes and also it isn't Texas every where,wish it was. :thumb:

I do know that here in CT you shoot someone for stealing your big screen TV your screwed. Cops aren't dumb they are good investigators.

Would I use deadly force? Absolutely given it was attempted use on me or a loved one. Bet on it

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
what is shooting them gonna do though. "oh it will teach them a lesson!!"

bullshit. No it wont. They will go to the hospital, you'll get in trouble, have to go to court, they will sue you, etc etc etc blah blah blah. Then you'll have to settle, they will get out of prison in a year, and they will be right back stealing shit again.

If you shoot to wound, you have no business carrying a gun for protection, end of story!

There is no flashing your gun, your gun comes out for 1 reason, to protect you in deadly force. If you are not going to kill the perp, then nobody better see it. Thats the problem with people that talk about this and never took a class or have any training what so ever. You dont carry a CCW to be flashy and say look at me I have a gun doint F with me...You carry a CCW for protection. You do not pull, point, shoot, flash, etc. at all. NEVER EVER pull it out to "puff your chest".

You're right, dead people cant sue you.

But their families can, etc etc etc...

All you guys talk the talk but Id be hard pressed to believe that if any of you guys were put in that situation tomorrow, you would actually shoot to kill if some idiot started messing with your truck. Until it actually happens, its all talk. Im sorry, and I dont mean to offend you guys and your badass-seriousness, but I just dont buy it. :eek:

what about those hillbillies in texas that shot that family who was offroading on their property? That worked out really well for them didnt it. :rolleyes:

until it happens, no macho puffing out of chests or flashing of weapons you have will convince me. Sorry... :(

ben

A gun for protection is for protection. You shoot to kill. If you or someone nearby life is in jeopardy, you use it and you kill. If someone comes in your house to rob you and you are home, its your judgment to decide if you and your family are at risk. 100% of the time you are, and you may not even know it. There is someone in your house and you wanna wait to see if they are going to kill you or just take your shit and let you call the cops later??? Bullshit, you act, and protect your family. They are already committing a crime by being in your house. If someone breaks into your truck, and you catch them, if all they do is run, then so be it, but if they challenge you again you decide if you are at life risk. If you are you pull your gun and fire, no warning shot, no wound them. If you don't shoot to kill it sets in that you think you weren't in a life/death situation. We have a right to protect whats ours. I dont care if its your life or your stereo in your truck. This shits out of hand and if a crook want to put your life in danger by robbing you and you walking up on him then thats exactly what it is. They say you should walk away and call the cops, F that, confront the, thats your right, if things go bad, you can decide if deadly force is necessary. If not then deal with it, take your stuff back, detain him, or let him walk. Your choice, but once you feel you are in a life/death situation, pull that gun and smoke him. I will confront ANYONE who trys to steal my shit, rob me, break in to my home. Its my right to deal with it, and protect myself, family and my stuff. Its my decision to determine when its life and death, if it goes that far I WILL pull the trigger. I spent a lot of years in classes and asst. teached CCW class in Colorado. Taking a CCW class for someone that doesnt really agree can be a big help. Even if you dont want to carry a gun, you will learn the laws, and the mindset that is actually needed to protect yourself.

Im not some macho guy, but I can assure you, if my life is at risk, I WILL pull the damn trigger.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Just so you all know I definitely believe in protecting one's self and property loved ones etc etc. IMO although the use of deadly force should not be taken so lightly. And it's talk like this that drives the liberal bastards to draw up laws that try and inhibit gun ownership with shoot first ask questions later attitude.

I'm aware some things said are jokes and also it isn't Texas every where,wish it was. :thumb:

I do know that here in CT you shoot someone for stealing your big screen TV your screwed. Cops aren't dumb they are good investigators.

Would I use deadly force? Absolutely given it was attempted use on me or a loved one. Bet on it

exactly

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
See something wrong with what?
Then I had to deal with the cops for obvious reasons.

Lol, it makes sense now that you tell the entire story.

EDIT: why were you drinking at a bar and carrying??????

And yes I have had a gun pulled on me and a buddy in a wal mart parking lot here in Vegas years ago. He put it right in my buddys face and started yelling. I had no gun on me at the time (I was like 18). Then he pointed it at both of us back and fourth, yelling. This was over us walking thru the parking lot and this guy came hauling past us in his car and almost him me, my buddy threw up his hands and said WTF, the guy slammed on his brakes, jumped out pulled a gun and cocked it. Went right up to my friend who is 5 foot tall. This guy was black and about 7 foot tall. When we calmed him down he got back in his car and you could see his knees sticking above the doors by the steering wheel. Scared the shit out of me.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
If you shoot to wound, you have no business carrying a gun for protection, end of story!

There is no flashing your gun, your gun comes out for 1 reason, to protect you in deadly force. If you are not going to kill the perp, then nobody better see it. Thats the problem with people that talk about this and never took a class or have any training what so ever. You dont carry a CCW to be flashy and say look at me I have a gun doint F with me...You carry a CCW for protection. You do not pull, point, shoot, flash, etc. at all. NEVER EVER pull it out to "puff your chest".

A gun for protection is for protection. You shoot to kill. If you or someone nearby life is in jeopardy, you use it and you kill. If someone comes in your house to rob you and you are home, its your judgment to decide if you and your family are at risk. 100% of the time you are, and you may not even know it. There is someone in your house and you wanna wait to see if they are going to kill you or just take your shit and let you call the cops later??? Bullshit, you act, and protect your family. They are already committing a crime by being in your house. If someone breaks into your truck, and you catch them, if all they do is run, then so be it, but if they challenge you again you decide if you are at life risk. If you are you pull your gun and fire, no warning shot, no wound them. If you don't shoot to kill it sets in that you think you weren't in a life/death situation. We have a right to protect whats ours. I dont care if its your life or your stereo in your truck. This shits out of hand and if a crook want to put your life in danger by robbing you and you walking up on him then thats exactly what it is. They say you should walk away and call the cops, F that, confront the, thats your right, if things go bad, you can decide if deadly force is necessary. If not then deal with it, take your stuff back, detain him, or let him walk. Your choice, but once you feel you are in a life/death situation, pull that gun and smoke him. I will confront ANYONE who trys to steal my shit, rob me, break in to my home. Its my right to deal with it, and protect myself, family and my stuff. Its my decision to determine when its life and death, if it goes that far I WILL pull the trigger. I spent a lot of years in classes and asst. teached CCW class in Colorado. Taking a CCW class for someone that doesnt really agree can be a big help. Even if you dont want to carry a gun, you will learn the laws, and the mindset that is actually needed to protect yourself.

Im not some macho guy, but I can assure you, if my life is at risk, I WILL pull the damn trigger.

I dont have a problem with that and I completely agree with you. I think people are misunderstanding me. What makes me roll my eyes is how everyone throws the issue around so lightly and "oh duh I would have blown his head off in that situation". WELL. Guess what. You WERENT in that situation so unless you were, you have no idea WHAT you would have done. Im just sick of everyone being an internet cowboy and flexing their muscles over a forum. You'll never see me talk about what I have and what I would be "waiting for the badguys" with. I dont want that shit out there for everyone to see. Im secure enough that I dont want people to know, because than that could potentially make me an even bigger target. Let them think im defenseless so when they only bring a knife, I already have the upper hand.

You guys all watch too many westerns and steven segal movies. Whats next, comparing whos got the biggest peepee?

ben

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
jumped out pulled a gun and cocked it. Went right up to my friend who is 5 foot tall. This guy was black and about 7 foot tall. When we calmed him down he got back in his car and you could see his knees sticking above the doors by the steering wheel. Scared the shit out of me.

Probably good that you didnt have a weapon...because if you did and you had pulled it out, realistically, you'd be dead right now...

Id be willing to bet that 95% of the people who pull a gun on someone (to mug them or whatever) wouldnt actually pull the trigger. Its purely an intimidation thing. If they wanted to kill you they would have already done it, not just sit there holding you at gunpoint like john wayne. But then if you pull out your gun and "counter" them, you just upped the ante and made things get a shitload more dangerous....does that make sense?

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Probably good that you didnt have a weapon...because if you did and you had pulled it out, realistically, you'd be dead right now...

Id be willing to bet that 95% of the people who pull a gun on someone (to mug them or whatever) wouldnt actually pull the trigger. Its purely an intimidation thing. If they wanted to kill you they would have already done it, not just sit there holding you at gunpoint like john wayne. But then if you pull out your gun and "counter" them, you just upped the ante and made things get a shitload more dangerous....does that make sense?
Exactly, I was 18, I would have pulled it out for show...If I pulled it out, I did have a few brains back then, but that was years ago, and I have learned a lot. Now if it comes out, someones getting shot.

X2 on the intimidation thing in some situations. My uncle was robbed for his ring on his hand. A guy came up, pulled a gun said give me the ring, my uncle couldnt get it off, and the guy pointed the gun at his finger and fired, He actually got away with his ring. You are kind of screwed if the mugger get the drop on you. There are things, but in the end your not chuck norris and cant kick the gun from his hand, or maybe you could, but IDK. lol

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Probably good that you didnt have a weapon...because if you did and you had pulled it out, realistically, you'd be dead right now... Maybe... someone would be dead, for sure.

I see what you are saying, but I don't know if it is true. They do want to intimidate you, but I think they would use it if they don't get what they want. If they thought there was only a 5% chance they'd use the gun, they'd leave it in their pocket.

Like MMLMM said, if the gun comes out, it will be used. If you have your gun out, I can only assume you intend to use it, and I will defend myself accordingly. No one has a right to pull a gun on me or my friends, just like I have no right to pull a gun on anyone else. When you present deadly force, be prepared for deadly force to be used....

I pray I am never in a situation where I have to pull a gun, but if I do, I know I will pull the trigger.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
I always think if someone runs up to my truck and trys to rob me thru the window pointing a gun while sitting at a gas station with truck off......

Give me all your money!

Ok, hold on dude here is my wallet right here...BANG!

BANG!.....BANG!.....

"keep the change you filthy animal"... <-- lol ok that was too far :D