#%^*ing thieves

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
I have a CC and I never carry on my person, but my truck has got some noise makers, keeping a glock 21 by my side is peace of mind. If you want to just scare some one a 12 guage loaded with slugs with a warning shot at a solid object will usually detour anyone thinkin they are tuff. Nothin like a big bore to make people realize "if the barrel is that big how big of a hole will it make in me?"

Theft sucks and I feel terrible for any and all who have been stolen from, but the best thing to do is just carry on with your life. Being pissed off will pass felling violated will pass going to jail for killing or injury a piece of shit thief can mean life. Do your best and try and enjoy your family and the holidays bud it will help alot.

Thanks bud, I'm not pissed about the theft anymore. It's just metal, God, my wife, my parents, and yes even my dog are what matters the most to me.

All the guys coming on here telling others how to react is what really gets under my skin. Spouting off laws from their state like they are true for everyone.

Hearing crap like "you better not shoot anyone breaking into your house, cause they probably don't mean you any harm" and " if you do your going to jail" just gets old. Closet liberalism is all it is.

Anyways, the thread has run it's course. I shouldn't have even started it. But, now we know who will and who won't shoot!

Randy5.0

MAKE IT 3 YDS MF
Sep 7, 2008
There are no rules of etiquette that govern a street fight. If someone smacks you in the back of the head with a baseball bat then he won and you lost...period. If it is going to happen then there is nothing wrong with ensuring that you have the upper hand.

Yep. Sometimes bad situations present themselves and there is no getting out of it. If you see it coming your better off to throw the first punch........ I went to school with all the kids from the bad side of town and had to fight from the third grade up. Still glad to have that education. Applies almost anywhere.

Wolf. Glad you got the truck back. I hope the rest gets sorted out without too much hassle.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
There are no rules of etiquette that govern a street fight. If someone smacks you in the back of the head with a baseball bat then he won and you lost...period. If it is going to happen then there is nothing wrong with ensuring that you have the upper hand.

As far as the shoot or don't shoot goes...I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six. If I feel that my life or the life of family etc. is threatened then I am going to do my best to put the guy in the ground before he puts me in the ground. Simple as that. We can work the rest of it out later.

Let me help you out here J= Just K= Kidding... Put them together and it means Just Kidding. Otherwise it was a joke. You get it now:thumb:

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
Let me help you out here J= Just K= Kidding... Put them together and it means Just Kidding. Otherwise it was a joke. You get it now:thumb:

I knew you were joking. Just clarifying my point of view on the subject. Seems alot of guy agree.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
So stealing nearly 120k is petty theft. Damn I wish I was as rich as you:thumb:

I use to like you alright, but now you have assumed too much. I had a Mexican put a gun to my face at a carwash in albertville Al. Right next to one of the busiest highways in the USA! Just so happened a cop was riding by, swerved in and saved the day. I told the cop if I would have been in my other vehicle I would have shot the ****er dead, as I had plenty of time to react. He told me, you would have had every right to do so.

So get the **** off your high horse.

Maybe my post was unclear. Your right Mac was screwed. If you have a gun to your head it's already too late. Just as in my case, however I did not have a weapon at all.

What my post intended to get across, is always be keenly aware of your surroundings. In my case I new the guy had a weapon, as he was flashing it a lot. If I would have be armed, I would have shot the guy before he ever got close enough to shove a pistol up my nose.

The whole point of carrying is: don't let the other guy get the upper hand.

Say what you will,like me or not, I really don't care I felt in my situation the best course was NOT to draw my weapon standing two feet away from a individual holding me at gun point he had the upper hand. If I walked out of the watering hole with my gun in my hand or if I was sitting in my vehicle things would of had a different outcome.

You have no idea how anyone will react when they have a gun pointed at you. In my case it was petty theft ,armed robbery yes but petty . I felt fortunate to go home to my family. I also felt under the circumstances it was handled correctly.

I have other situation where I have had the upper hand.

I just find it odd people come off in this thread like some quick draw gun slinging cowboys! To me they watch to many movies. Obviously if I had time to react things would have been different. IMO I did not and my safety and my buddies was my only concern.

stacks04

Nov 16, 2007
Terryville,Ct
I guess we're playing word games? Yes true I have a permit to carry a handgun. And with this permit in oder to carry this hamdgun IT MUST be concealed to the public while on my person. So I have a Permit to carry a concealed gun.

No it must not. And not playing word games. Ct is not a conceal law state. There is no laws on the books to specify how one should carry your gun.

Most definately it is worthless but I didn't want to leave it in the vehicle in this neighboehood. But I thought I might just unload the gun and just carry it unloaded than I said forget it and just put the clip back in the gun. In honesty I shoild have just went home that night.

It's interesting some guys are interested in losing their lives over petty theft. Obviosly we aren't discussing our wives being raped as anyone would risk it all for that but for my instance over a couple bucks if you think your faster luckier than a desperate individual with his finger on the trigger with a gun pointed at your head than your superman. But talk is cheap and when your put in that situation FOR REAL let us know how you make out superman if you do. Put the remote control down Dirty Harry! :D
Again not trying to break your balls, just trying to clarify a real common misconception in the state on how we CAN CARRY our guns to how the useless idiots in hartford and the state police WANT US TO CARRY OUR GUNS. There is a huge difference in how we can and how they want us to. Check out opencarry.org and specifically the ct section.

stacks04

Nov 16, 2007
Terryville,Ct
I love gun threads!
Alot of you seem to have had training, and if you have you know if someone is holding a gun to your head your either not getting shot, or your dead. If you try to defend yourself your probalby dead unless your Chuck Norris and you use spent lead for ear plugs.
Another point, Mac did the right thing, the dude wanted his money, he gave it up. I know PA, DE, FL, CT, MD, and a few other states CC laws. In PA, CT, and DE if you are given the option give up a possession or die, you HAVE TO GIVE UP THE POSSESSION! sucks doesnt it? Only in your own home in PA and CT are you allowed to defend yourself with out the duty to flee, anywhere else you have to run before you can shoot, provided its safe to do so. If you shoot someone mugging you and the cops find out you were not in danger if you gave up your wallet, or that you could have run away, your guilty of homocide. Also if your fast, and can get your gun out and they shoot you, they can claim self defense. If they have a good attorney they might even get away with it.
Im armed, and in the event I had to use it, theres a good chance I wolnt die. Theres an even better chance of me and the agressor are both heading to the hospital with soiled shorts and gunshot wounds. If someone wants my cash, Ill give it up. Someones hurting my wife or kids, ill try whatever i can if it means me shooting someone so be it.
For anyone thinking there gonna shoot someone in the leg, try it. If youve ever had to try to shoot on the move, or even harder tried to shoot a moving target you know its not easy. 5" groups at 15 yards are difficult when your moving and running against a clock. Try it when your scared for your life.
And if anyone wants to be specific about wording, it MAGAZINE!!!! Clips are for rifles with fixed mags. One of my instructors broke me of that yeas ago.

CT issues a "pistol permit" which allows the holder to carry a firearm either concealed or openly, and you can carry in a bar just not while intoxicated.

Anyone who says the laws for carry adn self defense are the same anywhere in the us, knows nothign about CC law. I make it a point to know the laws where I carry, and they vary alot. In alot of states laws vary from town to town. For instance in CT theres 2 cities even Mac cant carry, New Britain and New London.

I know im way off base here, but some of you need to get a reality check. Saying I got a loaded gun and ill use it if someone does this. Ill promise you, if i get on your jury ill say not guilty, but if i dont make it, it was nice knowing ya.

Atleast that one is a no conceal carry ordinance in place, but you may openly carry if you so choose. Well if your willing to be the one to make the point to the locals about there law and then be another in line to challenge the state carry law.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Again not trying to break your balls, just trying to clarify a real common misconception in the state on how we CAN CARRY our guns to how the useless idiots in hartford and the state police WANT US TO CARRY OUR GUNS. There is a huge difference in how we can and how they want us to. Check out opencarry.org and specifically the ct section.

I received my permit back in the late 80's and I definetly remember the instructor stating that possesing a Carry Permitt the gun MUST be concealed at all times to the general publc.

IF you were is a grocery store (the example he used) and if you had a gun holstered on your side amd your jacked opened and someone got excited you could lose your permit. Ditto if it was holstered on your belt and you jacket raised up getting something off a higher shelf and the gum was exposed and the cops called you could lose your permit.

I recall those statments as if it was yesterday and lived bt them. I never checked I just took his word for it.

stacks04

Nov 16, 2007
Terryville,Ct
I received my permit back in the late 80's and I definetly remember the instructor stating that possesing a Carry Permitt the gun MUST be concealed at all times to the general publc.

IF you were is a grocery store (the example he used) and if you had a gun holstered on your side amd your jacked opened and someone got excited you could lose your permit. Ditto if it was holstered on your belt and you jacket raised up getting something off a higher shelf and the gum was exposed and the cops called you could lose your permit.

I recall those statments as if it was yesterday and lived bt them. I never checked I just took his word for it.

Thats exactly my point. I was taught the verbatim at my class also. I being the fat ass I am have researched it to death because oc is easier for a fat guy:D Also look into the ccdl, alot of good info on their site also.

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
That is bullshit. In AZ we can open carry all we want. Also, we can now carry concealed without a permit. A CC permit just makes buying guns easier and expedites the process of checking guns at airports etc. If I want to carry around an assault rifle while grocery shopping I can do it. Of course some establishments don't allow the carry of guns but that is another thing. When carrying I generally leave it out in the open just so all the damn liberals and hippies don't forget that it is my right to do so.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Thats exactly my point. I was taught the verbatim at my class also. I being the fat ass I am have researched it to death because oc is easier for a fat guy:D Also look into the ccdl, alot of good info on their site also.

Good to hear because I thought I was losing my mind as I know I was told that in class. My instructor was a retired cop so who knew better the law then him I ask. Back then it was relatively easy to get a permit.

Basically about a 1/2 hour of class a written test about what was discussed ,cheating was optional. :D

I didn't need to but the dope (Brother Inlaw) who took the class with me did. He isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Dry fire a gun I guess just to show you wont wave it around or point it at your classmate like a lunatic and you were out of there. Today I understand you actually have to go to a firing range.