Illinois get together

rcr450mx

Dec 7, 2010
Indiana
I wanted to go but the date conflicts with my ET bracket race at Route 66. Guess I'll catch you guys in the fall.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Will do!
where do you get your heads ported? There is a good machine shop? My dad has a 502 boat motor that needs a rebuild and he doesnt trust anyone around here
I got a real good guy in lakemoore ill,he is a great guy and a real pro in head work.He just drove down to meet with brodex head manufactures who are going to change their castings from his recomendations.

I wanted to go but the date conflicts with my ET bracket race at Route 66. Guess I'll catch you guys in the fall.
Id rather race at byron,Route 66 is stupid about the tech and theres so many people there you dont get to run much.

rcr450mx

Dec 7, 2010
Indiana
Id rather race at byron,Route 66 is stupid about the tech and theres so many people there you dont get to run much.

I hear ya about stringent tech and not getting a lot of runs at test and tune. I have a regular drag car that I run in their E.T. Points bracket for the NHRA. I'm only a few places away from my old man in points. I dont want him getting too far away from me. lol :hug:

squeaky3

Jan 20, 2013
Pontiac, IL
well sad to say but im probably not gonna make it to byron, as much as i really wanna go i cant really financially afford to go, between the fuel, entry, food, and all the other crap i spend money on cant really afford it, especially if i broke something i would really be screwed, and it would probably be the trans that i havent been able to afford to fix too

squeaky3

Jan 20, 2013
Pontiac, IL
lol that wouldnt get me very far........

i would love to go, but i know i really should pay my bills instead of going.......especially since one of the bills is the truck payment.....

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Who all going to the drags on Saturday? Trying to decide on the drags or the pulls in Watertown.
I should be there with the truck.I'll be there regardless but just got my heads backs tonite.

well sad to say but im probably not gonna make it to byron, as much as i really wanna go i cant really financially afford to go, between the fuel, entry, food, and all the other crap i spend money on cant really afford it, especially if i broke something i would really be screwed, and it would probably be the trans that i havent been able to afford to fix too

Thought that's what you were doing all that work for WTF.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 20130601_205409.jpg
    20130601_205409.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 17

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I might be riding with Corey.....depends on if the weather forecast changes or not.

Byron shows 70% chance of thunderstorms sat....

Was planning on going to a buddies house warmng party with kegs/BBQ/Bags on sat, but its supposed to rain here too....

Damn rain...

Wife is out of town....so I need to do something lol. Even though I should be prepping for my turbo stuff to show up next week.:(

flyinelvis11

May 11, 2010
VG, IL (because my wife does)
I might be riding with Corey.....depends on if the weather forecast changes or not.

Was planning on going to a buddies house warmng party with kegs/BBQ/Bags on sat, but its supposed to rain here too....

Damn rain...

Wife is out of town....so I need to do something lol. Even though I should be prepping for my turbo stuff to show up next week.:(

I can't buy a rain here so I can get the weekend off

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill

Damn rain...

Is that truck going to run before 2015?:D

squeaky3

Jan 20, 2013
Pontiac, IL
woo hoo i sold my snap on bar stools and table i won so now i have some cash to go!!!!

anyone one have any extra suggestions on any last minute things to take care of before i go?

squeaky3

Jan 20, 2013
Pontiac, IL
i usually run half bottle every other fill up, i believe i have another bottle in the backseat to put in when i fill up tonite

gonna bring some tools and a jack to lower the front torsion bars down so i can launch, other than that not sure what else i should do or bring

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I predict 2016 will be a year for milestones....barrack obama will be elected president for a third term or John will fire his truck.....not sure which just yet....

soon enough grasshoppa. No big rush to blow it up just yet.

Be rdy just in time to go on Annual Training for July so everything can get coated.