I heard Trent

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
I tend to agree with you Jeff when N2O is used, or large twins, but still has an effect. I've run a dozen or so tracks from sea level to 6000'+ and do see a difference with twins, up to .3.

Jeff, how did your times differ when you ran up at RMR compared to your local tracks?

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
The tune Rob ran in SLC is a 10.0 tune normally. It was 10.3 the only time we actually got the turbos to light. Now much the TC effected that I'm not sure.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Well guys , the truck survived but not unscaved , It is idling a bit rough after towing a 10k trailer driving home last night , so a rod is bent and doubt i will be trying another pass. I think i could maybe run it again because it isnt bad but dont want to risk windowing a perfectly good block because if it bends a bit more the piston will or could hit the crank . I have no complaints and feel i got my money's worth out of that motor . Plus got verified to myself that the truck will be able to go 10's @ my home track any event i go to there even mid summer with poor D/A . And know it would have ran a fair bit quicker at other tracks .

Last edited:

dmaxn04

Mar 1, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
Well guys , the truck survived but not unscaved , It is idling a bit rough after towing a 10k trailer driving home last night , so a rod is bent and doubt i will be trying another pass. I think i could maybe run it again because it isnt bad but dont want to risk windowing a perfectly good block because if it bends a bit more the piston will or could hit the crank . I have no complaints and feel i got my money's worth out of that motor . Plus got verified to myself that the truck will be able to go 10's @ my home track any event i go to there even mid summer with poor D/A . And know it would have ran a fair bit quicker at other tracks .

So whats the plans now?? Hell your truck you just bought needs a motor right? Now your black one needs work as well. Hell you gonna be walking or gonna steal the wifes?? Lol

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
So whats the plans now?? Hell your truck you just bought needs a motor right? Now your black one needs work as well. Hell you gonna be walking or gonna steal the wifes?? Lol

I have a Daily driver my work provides me a company truck , plan is fix them LOL , black one is getting the motor built , and the new truck i think only needs a Head gasket but havent looked at it hopefully have a diag this weekend. My truck is still drivable just idling a bit off :D

dmaxn04

Mar 1, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
I have a Daily driver my work provides me a company truck , plan is fix them LOL , black one is getting the motor built , and the new truck i think only needs a Head gasket but havent looked at it hopefully have a diag this weekend. My truck is still drivable just idling a bit off :D

Lol, just givin ya a hard time!! What all is the plan for the motor build? Or you not quite sure yet?

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand

It had a 10 in it for sure,But I dont blame you for not making a window in it:DI would do the same Trent. And ya I would say you got your moneys worth:rofl:

Now build that motor and we will see you in the 9s next year:D

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
So I guess you will not be coming to Boise? Good idea to have it checked out, is it smoking white at idle? If you have balance rates that are now wacky and they weren't before, which one/s? The counter balance weights on the crank are what's gets in the way of the piston skirts IIRC. Would be a shame not to run in Boise if there is anyway. But I totally understand. I shut down my 02 GMC in the staging lanes at Boise due to white smoke at idle and didn't want to window the block. Turned out the block was so heat scored it couldn't be used to build a race motor anyway.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
even if i cant race in Boise i will still be coming up to spectate . I cant say yet Ken i have been too busy to check anything and it is not that bad just seems silly to try again , It did excactly what i wanted it to due , and ran a bit better than i thought it would do for the D/A that day abd being fuel only . I will keep ya posted Ken i wouldnt miss you guys cranking up maxxed out for anything .