LLY: How much can a stock bottom end LLY take?

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
I agree with that. but never had trouble flashing any LLY's

last year at this time there was a bug in the efi release and lly's got bricked.
The boot sectors are read only so the efi live team quickly got it fixed and a full flash recovered them.
There are no problems flashing them now that I am aware of.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
My brother has been killing his LLY and its still kicking! I can vouch for it as I don't know anyone that drives a truck as hard as he does. 12.22s and just going and going... 275k miles!

He runs big uS and a decent amount of timing and 38lbs of boost. We made 15 more Hp and 60 more ft lbs on the bottom end with timing alone, but backed it down some.

No 2 engines are alike, there is no true "safe"... Increasing horsepower decreases the life of the engine and grand no matter who or what tunes it. I have never failed a LLY or lb7 that I know of, but anything can happen at any time.

Personally, I take trucks to 650rwhp and generally they seen to play nice right there. We float the valves at around 60lbs of boost on most applications so tone them down to 57lbs.

Again, no 2 trucks are alike... But maybe this post will help someone in the future a little.

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Lly

My dad has been running 540 @ the wheels for 135,000 miles. He runs 3200 usec on 15% over sticks with 38* and it still kicking. I can't believe he hasn't lost a head gasket.....:eek::eek:

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
I ran 32º on my truck once. It cracked a piston a month later. :rofl:

I still wanna know how the OP has main studs in his stock motor.

I think allot of guys call stock bolts studs. We have allot of guys with 6.0 ford come in saying they got gaskets and studs and the studs are stock head bolts.
I think there is bad info being passed along.

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Damn does he ever rail on it? thats awesome.

No he treats it real good. He occasionally lets the dog eat but drives it pretty nice most of the time. He is thinking about getting a new lml now. His LLY is mint so I will probably have to buy it also. That will add to the collection!:thumb:

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I think allot of guys call stock bolts studs. We have allot of guys with 6.0 ford come in saying they got gaskets and studs and the studs are stock head bolts.
I think there is bad info being passed along.

You mean doubling the torque spec on OEM headbolts doesn't make me studded?

Im doing it wrong :spit:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I am 100% safe since I have a stock Lb7 cp3. Time for twins and bigger injectors. :D
Bet you aren't. Stock CP3 can put out enough fuel to bend rods. Done that.

I'd love to know just who has been selling all you guys this line that these stock engines can take so much. Its complete crap, but heck, it's your money so good luck.