Headers and hi flow up pipes

Nov 3, 2006
Modesto, CA
Never Satisfied, You are the only one then that I know of that's leaking. At least I'm glad of that. Let me know. My offer to fix it still stands. :)

Thank you Rick. It wont be long and I will probably give up on them. Then I will get in contact with you.

This is not the only thing I have had bad customer service on with MDP.
Thanks

Nov 3, 2006
Modesto, CA
How is Corey's truck doing?

Here is my first feeble attempt at the slip fit. The discoloration on the pipe is from heating it with a rusebud while bolted on to the motor. Just wanted to see what it would do with heat. Hopefully next week we'll see how it seals while on a running motor.

Thanks Brayden, we'll do.;)

This design will only move in and out correct? Don't you need it to move in every direction? A design like the 3 piece would be good if you can make it work, it will move every direction.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Thank you Rick. It wont be long and I will probably give up on them. Then I will get in contact with you.

This is not the only thing I have had bad customer service on with MDP.
Thanks

Nobody should EVER be ashamed to drive their Dmax. Just let me know if you need me.;)

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
This design will only move in and out correct? Don't you need it to move in every direction? A design like the 3 piece would be good if you can make it work, it will move every direction.

Expansion and contraction seems is just a small part of the need for the flex. That combined with the fact that no 2 motors are exactly the same. The flex is there more to allow for the tolerance stack up.

We actually had several early sets that had no flex at all, but they had to be made to fit the exact motor and pedestal setup they were going on.

Nov 3, 2006
Modesto, CA
On your latest designs, do you put the flex near the bottom like the one in the picture or do you have it closer to the pedistal? I have a set in the shop with the old style flanges but the flex is closer to the pedistal. I think closer to the pedistal is better but i'm curious.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
My current up pipes have the flex down low on the ps and midway on the ds. Here's some pics. Also I've snapped a couple of pics of a "normal" cut in the flex.

Attachments

• 1 send ps2 (Small).jpg
    1 send ps2 (Small).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Picture 033.jpg
    Picture 033.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Picture 034.jpg
    Picture 034.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Never satisfied, If you send me your headers and up pipes I will add the slip joints for you to try.;)

Thanks Larry. It's actually the same size. The problem is the OEM up pipes tried to do a cheap liner attempt. They actually neck way down inside the bellows. That and a very poor flowing fabricated elbow are their main drawbacks.

I've tried to up load pics, but the system says they are invalid.:( Probablay an update issue.