Headers and hi flow up pipes

Nov 3, 2006
Modesto, CA
me curious, 03 LB7, stock turbo adjusted to approx 30-32psi @ WOT. My drive pressure is about 45 psi at this time. drive psi is from a port i welded to to the elbow at the the top of the driver side up-pipe. Dose this seem a little on the high side? Would some bigger up-pipes give any benifit? I'd like to build my own and use some Burns Stainless slip joints instead of bellows, whatch think!

IMO, 1:1 is best for DP but I have seen others run much more than you so I wouldn't worry.
Hopefully we can hear some test results on just up-pipes and see how they do but I think you could reduce your DP some with the proper up-pipes. Give it a try and let us know

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Funny, Rick PM'd folk here to go to DieselTowingResource.com, myself included.

Rick Lance is not banned from this site, nor even been given a time-out. When I asked him to resist slamming other header makers, he decided that was an unacceptable restriction.

He is welcome to come back as soon as he gets the glass belly button installed.

I'll attempt to set the record straight and then I'll go back into hiding. ;) It's obvious that at least 3 of you don't want me here and I'm OK with that based on whats happened in the past. Nothing is ever black and white and none of you will ever know the full story. Hell I'm not even sure I do anymore.

I also never PM'd anyone to go anywhere. I did HOWEVER pm Pat and ask him if it was OK to mention the other site. I felt is was the right thing to do before I did anything. Pat said it was OK, but I still did not. If needed I still have the pm's. I never even mentioned that site here. Pat did in this thread though.

The only site that I am affiliated with right now is dmaxcentral.com and its going to stay that way. How's that for a shameless plug. :D

I also didn't mean to slam anyone here. Not my intent or my style. You guys have went out of your way to make sure I knew I wasn't welcome every time I've posted. Even one of your own moderators went out of his way to make an example out of me. I'd like to Thank the one's that did stand up for me here. :hug:

BTW Pat, I got the package back today. It included some extras that I will return at a faster rate then they got here.;)

Thanks Guys and enjoy your site. :hello:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I'll attempt to set the record straight and then I'll go back into hiding. ;) It's obvious that at least 3 of you don't want me here and I'm OK with that based on whats happened in the past. Nothing is ever black and white and none of you will ever know the full story. Hell I'm not even sure I do anymore.

I also never PM'd anyone to go anywhere. I did HOWEVER pm Pat and ask him if it was OK to mention the other site. I felt is was the right thing to do before I did anything. Pat said it was OK, but I still did not. If needed I still have the pm's. I never even mentioned that site here. Pat did in this thread though.

The only site that I am affiliated with right now is dmaxcentral.com and its going to stay that way. How's that for a shameless plug. :D

I also didn't mean to slam anyone here. Not my intent or my style. You guys have went out of your way to make sure I knew I wasn't welcome every time I've posted. Even one of your own moderators went out of his way to make an example out of me. I'd like to Thank the one's that did stand up for me here. :hug:

BTW Pat, I got the package back today. It included some extras that I will return at a faster rate then they got here.;)

Thanks Guys and enjoy your site. :hello:
OT
Rick I have zero issues with you!Perhaps I misread your post? If I did and you did not mean any disrespect to Paul then thats great and I am sorry

Simon

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Rick is just shy.

Perhaps if we hold hands and sing Kum-by-ya, he will warm up to us.

:hug::hug::hug::hug:
kum by yah me Lord, kum by yah
kum by yah me Lord, kum by yah
kum by yah me Lord, kum by yah...
Oh Lordy kum by yah~!

Last edited:

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
I should have a set of the newer up-pipes here soon. It will be a week or so till I can get them on though. I'll let you know what I find in a stock charge application.

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
In the past I was accused of something I did not do...or so I was told...weather it happened or not doesn't matter. (I felt I was the bigger man for letting it go) What does matter is that I didn't cry about it. I have a sticker on my welding hood that says "no cry babys" Some people need to grow a little thicker skin. Maybe I speak for myself but the martyr thing does not fly with me.

OK back on topic:D

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
me curious, 03 LB7, stock turbo adjusted to approx 30-32psi @ WOT. My drive pressure is about 45 psi at this time. drive psi is from a port i welded to to the elbow at the the top of the driver side up-pipe. Dose this seem a little on the high side? Would some bigger up-pipes give any benifit? I'd like to build my own and use some Burns Stainless slip joints instead of bellows, whatch think!

Those slip joints are only made for in and out play and not side to side. They are good for one off up-pipes that are built for that particular truck but because of variations they may not fit other trucks because they have no flex in them. If they are side loaded they WILL leak. I have used them in the past with very good results...just need to be careful

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Those slip joints are only made for in and out play and not side to side. They are good for one off up-pipes that are built for that particular truck but because of variations they may not fit other trucks because they have no flex in them. If they are side loaded they WILL leak. I have used them in the past with very good results...just need to be careful

Good to know! thanks for sharing!:hug: