Gun choices???

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
CZ85c - For when shit gets deep.
Converted Saiga in 5.56 - Will never fail and when SHTF i can always rob uncle sam for some ammo
Marlin 60 - Ultimate zombie slayer. 10 bricks of .22lr on a nice rooftop and they're all going down.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Whatever I can find laying around in 12ga, 22lr, and .223. 9mm if I need a pistol to fight my way back there where I left my rifle. The only thing I would for sure keep an eye out for which shouldn't be hard are Ruger 10/22s. Not much for rang and knock down power, but widely one of the best post apocalypse off the shelf guns out there. 30rd mags and bricks of ammo galore.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
browning_m2hb-2.jpg

welcome.jpg

browning_a5_l32a1.jpg

Because John Moses Browning was the greatest firearms designer ever!

bevi

Jan 17, 2010
Nh
Is kimber really that good? 1500 for a hand gun seems alot when we sell them for 800. Iv never had the chance to shoot one tho so i guess i dont konw what im missing.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I like my kimber a lot. They come decked out too, nice triggers, hammers, grips, sights, etc. I haven't messed with wilsons but they are even more so they better be real nice

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
1) ruger 10/22 - can kill a lot, easy to amass a lot of ammo, high cap mags
2) some sort of 12ga shotgun - hunt, close quarters defense, relatively cheap & available ammo
3) AK-47/AR-15/SKS - popular, high powered guns, lots of parts & ammo available, pretty reliable.

Proabably a 9mm pistol. Glock would be a wise choice simply because they're soooo popular. That should mean parts will be plentiful for a long time. They aren't my favorite pistol but there's lots of 'em, high capacity & 9mm is cheap ammo & modern rounds are plenty lethal.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Since you live in cali you need to keep and eye on this...

With all of the public shootings/mass murders they are going to start making new laws about ammo and high capacity magazines nationwide. As far as the hi-cap magazine ban goes, we already live it, so it will not be that big of a deal for us in CA. The online ammo bans and tracking of ammo will really suck, but is a ways off before we start getting worried.

Here in CA right now, there is a bill on the books (SB249) that could effectively ban our AR’s and AK’s (pretty much any rifle with a pistol grip and removable magazine). This week is going to be pivotal on which way this bill is going to go and there will be more info on how this will affect all of us later this week.

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
Here in CA right now, there is a bill on the books (SB249) that could effectively ban our AR’s and AK’s (pretty much any rifle with a pistol grip and removable magazine).

I thought pistol grip and detachable mag was already banned in your state? As in you can have one or the other, but not both.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
We can have both. But for us to have pistonl grips, flash hiders, forward grips we have to have a "bullet button" (a button that requires a tool to remove the mag)

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
Ahhh the quasi-detachable mag. Got it.

Next up.....removable.......with a torch.

Good luck with all that down there :hug: I'm suprised it hasn't creeped up here.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
CZ85c - For when shit gets deep.
Converted Saiga in 5.56 - Will never fail and when SHTF i can always rob uncle sam for some ammo
Marlin 60 - Ultimate zombie slayer. 10 bricks of .22lr on a nice rooftop and they're all going down.

I agree on the Marlin Model 60 (22). this is the ONLY rifle that you can have (in cali) that will allow you to have more than 10 rounds (it can hold 15+1) it is tube feed (like a shot gun). get a speed loader and you can put about 50 rounds down range in about 1 min. You can carry ALOT of .22 at a very little weight penalty.

I like the Kel-Tec su-16 (can fire either .223 or .556), it can "fold up" to about 26" (fits in a backpack) and has a built in Bi-pod and is Cali legal.

Nice high power hand gun like a 1911 .45 acp, Glock or the like

Don’t forget a Shotty, Mossburg 500 or Remington 870..

:thumb:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Ahhh the quasi-detachable mag. Got it.

Next up.....removable.......with a torch.

Good luck with all that down there :hug: I'm suprised it hasn't creeped up here.

It is.... there are talks of 10 round mags for all the US, bullet buttons will follow shortly after...:hug:

Last edited:

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
Yep. Talk so far. The usual bunch tried to attach it to the cyber-security bill that took a big nose dive on Thursday :woott:

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
Oh and top three as in if I had to give the rest away would be:

I'd probably choose

1. AR
2. FN SLP 12 ga
3. McMillan Tac-50 even though I haven't shot it yet

I'd give the pistols and Barrett to the neighborhood kids :rofl:

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Oh and top three as in if I had to give the rest away would be:

I'd probably choose

1. AR
2. FN SLP 12 ga
3. McMillan Tac-50 even though I haven't shot it yet

I'd give the pistols and Barrett to the neighborhood kids :rofl:

Mac got the accuracy, no arguments there. I still like the option of a 10 box semi A2 :D

Dump a mag of those, it'll make an impression,

Good to have in case zombies figure out how to operate a humvee :rofl: