Info: Guess who got unbanned on CompD at least for a while

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
No, I will not be in Pheonix.

I will be racing between diesel events and my local Outlaw Street series at least twice a month, sometimes three times from March until October.

No need to drive 36 hrs and 2400 mi. to do it:hello:

How far are you willing to travel to race? And where are you located?

Last edited:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Think Greg lived in Maryland and I know he will be at TS for sure. He's actually a great guy, loves to give the old needle however. Think he put a cummins in his ford.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Think Greg lived in Maryland and I know he will be at TS for sure. He's actually a great guy, loves to give the old needle however. Think he put a cummins in his ford.

Yes, and then took it back out. Well at least some of it. Nobody was hurt IIRC.

Those 6 second dyno runs can be harse.

Yes, Greg used to be fairly cool until he was forced to slag for Cummins parts. On the internet, he's pretty much just a Yesman anymore. He likes who he's told to, he hates who he's told to, and seldom even knows why anymore.

He was certainly more interesting (and smarter) when he was running 7.3's. Now that he has to share a brain (not a very capable one either) with a bunch of Fratboys, he's just another prawn (sic). Like them, he is an expert in all things he's never personally done, as well as an expert in all parts he's never run, and everyone else's racing.

Last edited:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Yes, and then took it back out. Well at least some of it. Nobody was hurt IIRC.

Those 6 second dyno runs can be harse.

Yes, Greg used to be fairly cool until he was forced to slag for Cummins parts. On the internet, he's pretty much just a Yesman anymore. He likes who he's told to, he hates who he's told to, and seldom even knows why anymore.

He was certainly more interesting (and smarter) when he was running 7.3's. Now that he has to share a brain (not a very capable one either) with a bunch of Fratboys, he's just another prawn (sic). Like them, he is an expert in all things he's never personally done, as well as an expert in all parts he's never run, and everyone else's racing.

You are a piece of work Patrick. Never a dull moment when you are on.:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
funny how threads like this get locked on compd, why is that :confused:

Because the horse is being fed from the wrong end.

There are 2 main components of CompD today:

The Fratboy Clique - This is the ruling party, and is about 20 vendors and staffers. 90% of the thread locking, banning, and vulgarity is generated by the TFC. Very few of them are racers. Dennis Perry is the leader, his head secretary is Timmy.

The Racers - These are the guys on there for the race info and tech. Many of them like TFC because they provide entertainment, keep the site going, and help organize events. But as rogue racers run afoul of the vendor component of TFC, they are banned by the staff component of TFC.

The racers are responsible for the content and membership of their site. The site really belongs to the racers; without them, the site would dissolve. I imagine as the TFC gets more and more arrogant towards the racers, that will probably happen, as it does to many sites.

The problems started when TFC started trying to convince everyone they were more important than the racers. The power went to their heads, and there is no checks and balances. Eventually, the racers will most likely mutiny when the TFC targets the wrong racer, which always ends up happening. The TFC will sell the board to an advertising firm and start a Pokemon or WoW website instead.

This has been going on for 12 years or more that I'm aware of. It's a continuous cycle. It doesn't matter if it's model airplanes, custom knives, Subarus, or Dodge pickups. It's ingrained in human nature I suppose. And it's why 1/3rd controlling interest in this site is held by a gasoline hotrodder (Rob) who can actually ban me if I get out-of-line. And why we chose moderators for their technical knowledge or racing experience, not their ass-kissing ability.

For those who do not know, Kat and I were some of the early supporters of CompD, and early Paid Sponsors. We never sold anything there, we just thought the site was a good idea: A Diesel Race Site For All Brands, With Equality, so we helped promote it.

Obviously it backfired. :eek:

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I still read CompD (at least the tech forums) and enjoy the tech content posted by the Dodge hotrodders and Ford hotrodders. There are a lot of smart racers over there.

I try to avoid reading the rest (sometimes I cave in) because it's depressing:

Like Timmy trying to stop a racetrack from being built in his community.

Or huge threads titled "I hate: XXXX", or "Why the New Members on this site SUCK".

WTF? Why aren't the moderators shiit-canning those threads instead? Oh, because they are the ones who start them...