Fully deleted lmm smoke at idle

jeremycoleman727

Apr 24, 2017
The smell comes from the low sulfur diesel run some lucas fuel treatment and it will stop for a short time

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
I've have a light puff at cold start. Can be a little hazy until I'm warmed up a little bit. Had another guy tell me he runs a qt of trans fluid in every tank of fuel to help with keeping his injectors cleaned/lubed, especially running low sulfur fuel.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Idahodmax

Dec 22, 2015
I know its been awhile, but alot has gone on, haha.. but ya i alwats ran sea foam, and usually howes winter anti gel. My main reason for bringing this up to begin with is, when i sit at a stop or let the motor warm it hazes, but i can smell it in the cab through the vent, in starting to think my sinister diesel egr delete blocker plate has some leak by..

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
I know its been awhile, but alot has gone on, haha.. but ya i alwats ran sea foam, and usually howes winter anti gel. My main reason for bringing this up to begin with is, when i sit at a stop or let the motor warm it hazes, but i can smell it in the cab through the vent, in starting to think my sinister diesel egr delete blocker plate has some leak by..

Is your grid heater deleted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idahodmax

Dec 22, 2015
I dont think so, i did the sinister diesel egr delete kit, so the blocker plates and exhaust up pipe mount and coolant lines rerouted

monster50iii

Dec 5, 2014
Check balance rates at startup. You could have a weak glow plug. I found I soon to be bad glow plig this way. You'll see +6 to +8mm3 on a cylinder with a bad glow plug, and the longer it runs that number will slowly go down to normal once cylinder temps increase. This causes smoke at idle of course.