Fully deleted lmm smoke at idle

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Now and then mine will haze very slightly. Definitely smells but as mentioned it's the ccv and egr, dpf and cat no longer working as intended. Below freezing it'll blow a nice white cloud for 2/3 seconds

Reg you can use sea foam in the fuel tank, not via intake though like on a gasser unless you want that built motor sooner haha.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
It's my understanding that exhaust gas recirculation on a diesel is for the purpose of lowering NOx output. NOx emissions increase as cylinder pressure increases. By introducing exhaust back into the intake you are are lowering oxygen content of air in the cylinder which in turn lowers peak cylinder pressure.

My personal opinion is what you see when you delete one is simply what was always there, it's just that the filters in the exhaust are no longer hiding them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was told it was a multi purpose tool. It helped clear up the idle haze by heating the intake air faster. That is why once deleted they take forever to get up to operating temp. My LMM could idle for 30 minutes and hardly break 135, my LML can run for 6 minutes and hit that. I'm not saying it's the only reason just a contributing factor...

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Should see mine...granted lbz but damn near identical platform...if not plugged in this thing hazes blue ish something awful until it's around 130ish ect

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I was told it was a multi purpose tool. It helped clear up the idle haze by heating the intake air faster. That is why once deleted they take forever to get up to operating temp. My LMM could idle for 30 minutes and hardly break 135, my LML can run for 6 minutes and hit that. I'm not saying it's the only reason just a contributing factor...

The throttle valve aids in warmup. From what I have seen, the egr isn't even active until the engine is up to 120 or somewhere around there. I have yet to have even a wiff of smoke out of the ones I've deleted. The exhaust smells, but that seems to be the case for any sac equipped diesel as the exhaust on my lb7 now has a much more foul smell to it than it did with vco's. Which this would make sense and back up everything I read on the comparison's of the 2.

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
My deleted lbz smokes on cold starts up until around 50 degrees. From the replies in this thread, I'd say the smoke has more to do with the tuner/tuning but that's just an observation.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Again LBZ so slightly different platform but if it's not plugged in these are the results if it's below 50* Damnit I own a power choke
ee79bc2e6cad2451c166fe6bc6f43ce4.jpg
ff89382167bd68eba477212467a17814.jpg
e9f13a9af122a38541a577f5ae7e2abe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
The throttle valve aids in warmup. From what I have seen, the egr isn't even active until the engine is up to 120 or somewhere around there. I have yet to have even a wiff of smoke out of the ones I've deleted. The exhaust smells, but that seems to be the case for any sac equipped diesel as the exhaust on my lb7 now has a much more foul smell to it than it did with vco's. Which this would make sense and back up everything I read on the comparison's of the 2.

I'd bet it has more to do with the fact that most delete kits also remove the grid heater than actual egr recirculation.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I removed my grid heater, valve, and egr motor. Also did pcv reroute and deleted
Cat and dpf. I run 40 overs. I get a startup "puff" at ice cold Startup and then she's cleared up at idle, high idle, etc. I never see anything except the usual light haze in the mirrors at night (even on stock dpf deleted truck).

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I bought used stock lbz nozzles and sent them to Extrude Hone to get honed to 40 over. I then pulled my injectors and swapped nozzles myself.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Dam that's not bad at all. I've got about 150k on mine now. I'm not sure if I want to send them off or just buy new from lds. Lds is about 3300 for all new Bosch 100 overs

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Mine had like 80k on them and perfect balance rates. I bought the nozzles from a member here, and we're supposed to be low mileage. I think I paid like $125? All in all I want to say I'm like $500 into them ... Maybe $600 though because I just remtmbrrrr that I bought a kit from Henry to reinstall the injectors.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I'm confused - weren't you just selling everything and the truck?

Idahodmax

Dec 22, 2015
Minerigger, those pictures would basicly match my haze to a tee, but its all the time never really goes away