Fuelab frustration's!!!

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
I bought a Fuelab Velocity 200 pump, but it is for a Dodge so it is set at 18psi, So I have been trying to get a 8 psi spring for the relief valve for over a week! Fuelab says I have to buy from a dealer, dealers don't have a listing for the part #. Summit racing put in a request for a part # so them could add to the inventory, but its been 4 days and still nothing. I guess if replacement parts are going to be this hard to get I will NOT be buying any more fuelab product's.:mad:

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Not there fault

How is it there fault you bought a pump for something else and now its there problem? Run a return style regulator and all is good.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
You made the mistake of complaining about Fuelab:roflmao: Can you match up a similar spring at your local hardware shop or like Mad Max said, just cut the spring.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
How is it there fault you bought a pump for something else and now its there problem? Run a return style regulator and all is good.

It's there problem because I want to buy a replacement part for a product they sell! They emailed me the part # and said I had to buy it through a Fuelab dealer, but none of the dealers I called can find the part # they have given me in there system. So Summit said they would put in a request from Fuelab to have it added to there inventory, but Summit can't get a reply from them either.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
You made the mistake of complaining about Fuelab:roflmao: Can you match up a similar spring at your local hardware shop or like Mad Max said, just cut the spring.

I realize Jeff is sponsored by Fuelab and he is going to stick up for them!

I have cut the spring and it is still to high.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Keep cutting away, it took me a couple tries before I got it where I wanted it. I was gonna put in a boost reference regulator but never got around to it and I'm just fine with a cut spring regulator haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Your correct I am but!

I promise you or anyone here that if I don't believe in a part of person I will not stand behind them if it was free or they paid me! That I will promise anyone. I have used many bad parts and I'm not one to cut on them but I damn sure won't support them! You can like me or hate me but I won't lie to you to pimp a part if it's junk. I have used many different pumps and there stuff works and holds up. For that I will support them if I payed for it or not. I'm not Wade or Greg I only run what I believe in or I won't run it. I run SoCal parts and pay for them but I also believe in them.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
I'm NOT putting down there product. I think there pumps and regulators are very high quality. I am frustrated with the replacement parts availability.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
If the dealers you called were worth a pinch of coon shit they would just call Fuelab directly with the P/N and get it shipped out right away.
I would just call Fuelab back, give them the names of the dealers you tried to get it through but couldn't help you and tell them you want the damn spring.

Also maybe just go to their site and find a couple dealers close to you maybe and try them. Someone not huge like Summit. Any sort of request like that through the big parts distributors could takes weeks to process. A small shop is more likely to go the extra mile for you.

Josh@Fuelab

Jul 24, 2014
That is not a part that is on anyone's price sheet. The spring you are looking for is not a "repair" or "replacement" part. That is application specific part. Dealers will generally stock the application specific pumps, not the internal parts that define how a pump will operate. We did provide the part number to you, but it will take a bit of time for any of the dealers (big or small) to get you the information you need since that's not a part that they would have had to deal with in the past.

I'm not sure if cutting the spring would be a viable short term solution. By the time you cut it to a length that gives you the tension you're looking for, it might not be long enough.

Summit has not called us for information on this part. It's not abnormal for us to receive requests like this from our dealers, but we haven't received any inquiries from them about this particular item. Generally, we communicate with their purchasing department on a daily basis- orders, order status updates, stock checks, price checks, etc.

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
That is not a part that is on anyone's price sheet. The spring you are looking for is not a "repair" or "replacement" part. That is application specific part. Dealers will generally stock the application specific pumps, not the internal parts that define how a pump will operate. We did provide the part number to you, but it will take a bit of time for any of the dealers (big or small) to get you the information you need since that's not a part that they would have had to deal with in the past.

I'm not sure if cutting the spring would be a viable short term solution. By the time you cut it to a length that gives you the tension you're looking for, it might not be long enough.

Summit has not called us for information on this part. It's not abnormal for us to receive requests like this from our dealers, but we haven't received any inquiries from them about this particular item. Generally, we communicate with their purchasing department on a daily basis- orders, order status updates, stock checks, price checks, etc.

Why would you not just sell him the spring?? Seems like alot of run around for a part IMO.

Josh@Fuelab

Jul 24, 2014
I'm sorry, but we don't sell anything direct. Repairs (warranty and non-warranty) are the only things that we deal directly with the customer. As I mentioned before, this is not a part that a dealer would usually need to have access to. When the correct pump is purchased for the application, the end user should never need this particular part since it's not a wear item or something that can fail.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
I'm sorry, but we don't sell anything direct. Repairs (warranty and non-warranty) are the only things that we deal directly with the customer. As I mentioned before, this is not a part that a dealer would usually need to have access to. When the correct pump is purchased for the application, the end user should never need this particular part since it's not a wear item or something that can fail.

How about just send him the spring and keep a customer happy for next to nothing?

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota

Well I have an email from Summit that states otherwise!

And I also like your email response 4 days later that "you did me a favor by giving me the part number"

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota

If I would of ever thought in my wildest dreams that it would be this hard to get a spring for the Duramax pump, I never would have bought it. It can go online and order any pressure spring for a Fass right now.

So your telling me that a spring never loses any of its tension over time? That a Fuelab pump will hold 8psi for ever?

Josh@Fuelab

Jul 24, 2014
This thread is heading down a slippery slope. We (Fuelab) do not get into arguments via forums/social media- it's simply not professional on our part. I ran across this thread while doing my usual forum search, and I felt compelled to at least state our side of the story before signing off and searching for other tech related Fuelab threads on this forum and others.

I will say this....

As far as sending out a replacement part is concerned, we gladly do that if we make a packaging mistake or if we are approached correctly about a specialty item like this. I'm going to take the high road and not discuss the emails that have already went back and forth between us (Fuelab).

As far as the email from Summit, they have not contacted us. I'm not sure who you are dealing with, but we have not been contacted. Generally a salesman/woman will call us with a part number and we provide price/availability which is then given to the customer. If the customer wants to order the part, the salesman/woman will have someone from the purchasing department call us to confirm part number, pricing, description, etc. and it gets added to their system and the order is completed. That's pretty much standard for all of the large companies. The smaller companies usually have one guy/girl that does it all. We have no reason to ignore calls or emails like that, because we would lose sales (big or small, it all adds up).

Again, I/we are taking the high road on this. If you'd like to provide the name/email of the person you are dealing with via PM, I'd be glad to contact them to give them whatever information he or she needs.