Fuelab frustration's!!!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Send me an address via PM, and I'll drop a spring in the mail on my way home.

Something to keep in mind is that you generally get better results when you approach things in a mature/professional manner. Making random threats (not physical, obviously) via email, when you're not getting the service you want from another supplier (apparently Summit in this case), doesn't normally get you replacement parts free of charge, from a company that wasn't at fault in the first place.

The GM Model 30304 - Velocity 200 In-Line High Performance Lift Pump description comments under Construction Features:

Compact, lightweight design
Vortex Air Separation Chamber
Pre-set check valve at 8psi
Superior valve design and components for stable pressure
Billet Aluminum Construction with anodize per MIL-A-8625, Type II
High quality mounting brackets that mount directly to frame – no drilling
Long-life, multi-fuel compatible Fluorosilicone static seals
Accepts standard or port style –10AN fittings
Standard canister style filter with water separation feature
Install kits sold separately

The Dodge Model 30303 - Velocity 200 In-Line High Performance Lift Pump description comments under Construction Features:

Compact, lightweight design
Vortex Air Separation Chamber
Pre-set check valve at 18psi
Superior valve design and components for stable pressure
Billet Aluminum Construction with anodize per MIL-A-8625, Type II
High quality mounting brackets that mount directly to frame – no drilling
Long-life, multi-fuel compatible Fluorosilicone static seals
Accepts standard or port style –10AN fittings
Standard canister style filter with water separation feature
Install kits sold separately

Although I agree he should have ordered the correct pump in the first place as it is clearly described on your website which P/N he needed to order, you should have just said sorry you F'd up, and we know nobody has this part listed in their system so we will just send you the correct spring,
Remember to keep good public review, the customer is always right sometimes is the best path to take over a $2 part in a several hundred dollar item! To hide behind the "we only distribute not sell to the public" in this case is horseshit.
People make mistakes, fat fingered the P/N when they typed it in, etc. You have to make allowances for this, not just hang them out to dry.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
I knew it was the Dodge pump when I bought it and the spring would need to be changed. I just didn't know it would be that hard to get one!:confused:

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Although I agree he should have ordered the correct pump in the first place as it is clearly described on your website which P/N he needed to order, you should have just said sorry you F'd up, and we know nobody has this part listed in their system so we will just send you the correct spring,
Remember to keep good public review, the customer is always right sometimes is the best path to take over a $2 part in a several hundred dollar item! To hide behind the "we only distribute not sell to the public" in this case is horseshit.
People make mistakes, fat fingered the P/N when they typed it in, etc. You have to make allowances for this, not just hang them out to dry.

This.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I knew it was the Dodge pump when I bought it and the spring would need to be changed. I just didn't know it would be that hard to get one!:confused:

Why wouldn't you just order the GM one then?
Or was it used?

bmc1025

Jan 25, 2013
Big Bone, KY
Between seeing the mounting issues a couple months ago and now this makes me wonder if companies know how much of a impact members on here make in the diesel world. These are the guys at the track, dynos and sled pulls representing the duramax crowd. Others pay close attention to what guys are running for lift pumps. You would think with a newer product out a company would try to make sure there products and support are up to par. But obviously Fuelabs are to big for this to matter. Seeing these responses at pointing the finger at distributers is a joke. I will stick with fass and airdog where I can call direct and get parts. Not to mention a LIFETIME warranty.

I hate to be that guy, but I was all set to spend the extra money for the Fuelab, not anymore. Why did Josh even bother posting, it was a far cry from being a customer service attempt.

High road my ass....

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Pumps

Just for the record I would have just sent the spring. You did by a used part that was wrong so it's still not there fault. Anyone on the fence about running there pumps need to step back and look at the product for what it is. The best pump on the market! They really are best and you wont need a lifetime warranty with it. I have installed them all at my shop and lets just say there's is the only brand that has not had a single failure. I will be putting one on my shop/tow truck when I get time because I can't be broken down on the side of the road.

Dave c

Jul 7, 2013
Jeff how can you get on here talking bad about others and support a sponsor in the same breath. If I'm not mistaken some of those you bad mouth use a free Fuelab pump and have gone pretty quick. Didn't you get a free pump? Why The hypocritical comments?

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Not sure what you mean Wade?

I guess this is another riddle Wade? By the way how is you're dragster coming along?

Last edited: