From lifted to lowered

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Running a 4 or 6" lift on 35" tires with the bars decranked gives you no more ground clearance than levi or the other guys with no lift amd bars decranked with 35" tires under their rigs. Unless your lift does not lower the front diff the full 4-6".

The fact its being argued a lowered truck can not plow or drive in 18" of snow is just bs.

Its pretty mute to argue whats being argued over. All your arguing over is opinion on likes and that shit is just like politics

Its not an opinion at all. Its a fact. James how many hrs have u spent in a plow truck? How many trucks have u owned with a plow even? Ive Been plowin for 20+yrs and my dad has for 35+yrs. We own anywhere from 15-25 trucks for snow removal and most the time our fords do alittle better. Why is that? Only reason is weight and truck height. Its easier to lift over a curb with a heigher truck plan and simple. I love how u guys can argue this when u live where u get zero for snow. Plow frames will drag like a mofo over a curb or goin into an exterence. If u want i can show pics to prove it or videos. Ill leave it be tho. Its not worth the argument. I like the look of lowered trucks, never said i didnt, phinneys looks awesome. Everyone has there own likes/dislikes.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Its not an opinion at all. Its a fact. James how many hrs have u spent in a plow truck? How many trucks have u owned with a plow even? Ive Been plowin for 20+yrs and my dad has for 35+yrs. We own anywhere from 15-25 trucks for snow removal and most the time our fords do alittle better. Why is that? Only reason is weight and truck height. Its easier to lift over a curb with a heigher truck plan and simple. I love how u guys can argue this when u live where u get zero for snow. Plow frames will drag like a mofo over a curb or goin into an exterence. If u want i can show pics to prove it or videos. Ill leave it be tho. Its not worth the argument. I like the look of lowered trucks, never said i didnt, phinneys looks awesome. Everyone has there own likes/dislikes.

Welp, ive actually log quite a few thousand hours plowing in flagstaff so assuming we have never been in snow cause i live in arizona is false. I plowed with bob cats, two different snow cats as well as serviced all 8 in northern arizona, a 85 cvcu blazer with a 8ft plow, a 99 light duty ford f250 with the same type 9.5ft plow and sagging t-bars that had it sitting much lower than a stock dmax sat with a plow. This was for all of DPS in flagstaff. I know of two trucks while was there that was lowered and outfitted with a plow for commercial plowing. I personally never thought it would work after running that ford as it was. We put a set of timbrens of it to keep the front end at the current lowered height he ran around on with out the plow. Truck only came back for servicing and brackets looked no more beat up than any other truck serviced by our shop. He ran that way for two years before he moved. The other moved to colorado shortly after our install but was setup the same.

Again, give me a cold hard fact that it wont work. As ive said before, properly setup it wont be an issue. Everything ive posted above is opinion based on my observation as are yours.

Untill facts can be drawn up to prove otherwise, this is a mute point and we are arguing for no reason.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I'm just saying that I have more clearance than a stock height truck and I am lowered.

Take a stock Dmax with 27" tires or whatever comes on them...I have a 2" drop and 34.5" tall tires. So, 34.5" -2" = 32.5". So, I still have approx. 5" more clearance than a stock truck would just because of my additional tire height.

A stock height truck with the same tires your running will have more clearance at the front end than your truck.

I think you have been meaning to say you have more clearance than a stock height, stock sized tire truck.

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
If you reread that is exactly what I said. Of course, if tire size is exactly the same between the two trucks then it is obvious the lowered truck will have less clearance. However, mine is lowered with much larger tires than stock. So, I have more clearance than a stock tire, stock height truck would.

My lowered truck had more off road capability than a stock truck...:thumb:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ground clearance is determined by tire size not by suspension lift. I'm running a 34.5" tall tire with t bars dropped all the way down and 2" rear drop shackles. It has more clearance than most trucks out there but the wheels/tires are in the wheel wells where they are supposed to be.

I'm just saying that I have more clearance than a stock height truck and I am lowered.

;)

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
id bet money a truck with a 6" lift and 35s will tow a trailer thru deep rut , mud or deep snow way better tan a lowered truck with the same size tires.

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
Well that would depend on how deep the shit was. If it was as deep as some of the shit in this thread, you may be right. :roflmao:

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Shane, have you done much trimming? Any rubbing? Thanks.

No rubbing. The front bumper is trimmed, the fender liner is trimmed as high as the washer reservoir and the rear liner on the drivers side is pulled back behind the brake cable. I had done all this prior to lowering since I had a lift with wide 15.50 tires.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2