From lifted to lowered

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Well it has been a while since I have updated pictures of my truck. I see some guys interest in lowering their trucks from being lifted. So here are a few pictures.
taqysymy.jpg
2edy3uta.jpg
9arajeha.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Truck looks good. :thumb: You had a Fabtech on there before, correct? What all had to be done to go back to stock? What size wheels and tires? Thanks.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Actually I had a Pro-Comp kit on it before. I am trying to get some before pictures up but can't quite get it to work for me. I went from 18x12 wheels with 13.50/35 tires to 305/60/18's on 18x9 Moto 959's with a 5" backspacing. As far as going back I did it the easy way and changed the frames. :rofl: My wife had a accident where a girl ran up under my truck when it was lifted and it bent the frame and cracked the cross member so they had to change the frame out. At that time I thought very heavily about lifting it or lowering and decided to see what lowering was going to do for me as far as performance. That is yet to be answered since it has seen limited usage since. I can say that lowering it the truck weight went from 7860 lbs down to 7100 lbs.

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I remember that now. I wasn't sure what you ended up doing, I guess I have my answer. Here's a before pic I found:

Attachments

• S Phinney.jpg
    S Phinney.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 148

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
That's it. I'm not up on all the in and outs of maneuvering the picture items.

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Im surprised the insurance company put a whole new frame under it and didnt just total it instead. You must have great luck :thumb:

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
They spent almost 9k on repairing it Nook value was over 20k. They said it had to be more than 75% for them to total it. I wasn't going to let that happen with a 20 k motor in it plus all the other mods.

That1028guy

Feb 23, 2013
St.Louis Mo
I am thinking about doing the same, my truck came with a 2" leveling kit form daystar, i didnt put it on so im not to sure what all has to be done to lower it back down... I know it will help with MPG's and thats what im after, this one wont see to much off road time, thats what the beast is for!

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I am thinking about doing the same, my truck came with a 2" leveling kit form daystar, i didnt put it on so im not to sure what all has to be done to lower it back down... I know it will help with MPG's and thats what im after, this one wont see to much off road time, thats what the beast is for!

A leveling kit would require that you have a stock torsion bar key. Its fairly easy to replace the keys and then have it realigned. You should use a torsion key removal tool but the can be changed using two 6" c clamps. Just be careful if you use c clamps.