Finger Vanes

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
I've been selling them to some turbo builders/modifiers/racers who have elected to NOT talk about them for various reasons. Their choice, but it puts me in a bit of a bind.

These will not help you much unless you are already pushing the upper end of the turbo performance. They seem to work in the modified turbos, if they are not already there. :rolleyes: Considering the pain of getting the turbo out, I don't recommend them unless you are already removing it for some other reason. Then the vane install is simple.

You will probably need to get dialed in on a dyno afterwords too.

Available in LLY, LBZ and LMM sizes.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I've been selling them to some turbo builders/modifiers/racers who have elected to NOT talk about them for various reasons. Their choice, but it puts me in a bit of a bind.

These will not help you much unless you are already pushing the upper end of the turbo performance. They seem to work in the modified turbos, if they are not already there. :rolleyes: Considering the pain of getting the turbo out, I don't recommend them unless you are already removing it for some other reason. Then the vane install is simple.

You will probably need to get dialed in on a dyno afterwords too.

Available in LLY, LBZ and LMM sizes.

Sorry buddy, never intended it on purpose, just been busy and trying to keep up with the day to day stuff minding my own. For the record, ALL of my stage 2 chargers have finger vanes in them and todate 0 issues with them and love them. They are in the charger on J.T.'s truck that I personally ran 12.19 in a stock LLY with my 2.6 65mm STG2 and 60% inj single pump. The vanes that Jon makes for me are a little different in design but very similiar to his without the slot. I only use LLY housings so I can't give you any data info on the LBZ stuff. Have a couple on twin trucks and they work great. I have not got to push one on a fully built race motor with big fuel yet but they have shined everywhere else that I have used them. Just took Larry's 68mm Stg2 off to test the new Garrett 4094VA(still like mine better! and so does Larry) and it still looks like brand spanking new after 6,000+ miles of daily driving and street abuse at 598rwhp. It will be going back on shortly and we will be selling the Garrett 4094va.

PS-I think your "other" charger idea just might work out Jon, I am working on it still and will update you when I get closer with it...:D

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
I'm not familiar with that turbo, so I couldn't say without looking first hand.

Its been years since I played with a 6.0 but the 03s had 10 vanes and newer ones had 13....or was it the other way around:confused: I had both appart and IIRC the vanes between the stock different year turbos were not interchangeable:confused: But that was late 2004...maybe 2005, it's tough to remember yesterday:spit:

dill

Sep 18, 2009
yeah you are right the 03's had less blades. I have an 03 powerstroke I am trying to compound an s475 onto and nobody here in ford land says it will work. as far as i can figure out the duramax and powerstroke turbos are virtualy the same.

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
Its been years since I played with a 6.0 but the 03s had 10 vanes and newer ones had 13....or was it the other way around:confused: I had both appart and IIRC the vanes between the stock different year turbos were not interchangeable:confused: But that was late 2004...maybe 2005, it's tough to remember yesterday:spit:

You're confuzzled... :)

The turbine had 10 blades in 2003. Then 13 blade like the LLY/LBZ in 2004+.

The Garrett AVNT's all feature 9 vanes.

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
You're confuzzled... :)

The turbine had 10 blades in 2003. Then 13 blade like the LLY/LBZ in 2004+.

The Garrett AVNT's all feature 9 vanes.

I guess so....the PSD days of my life were not the greatest:spit: I got the number 10 and 13 right though:spit:

Mine got overheated.....clogged up...not sure but they wouldn't move so it went in a box and got a conventional turbo.....long before anyone made a kit to do it.

But I do remember my PSD turbo looking totaly different from the one on my chevy.