LBZ: finally the motor build and to see what let loose!

Bigdirtylbz07

Feb 3, 2011
Northeast indiana
I shoulda asked if that came with the engine package Henry lol I've been wearing the nice warm hoody and it definitely catches people's attention!

Sent from a truck somewhere in the US

Bigdirtylbz07

Feb 3, 2011
Northeast indiana
I've been set back a little bit with some things in life haha having a 6 month old boy sets things back a bit! But I have since then sold my Hamilton cam and bought a alt firing cam from empire. I'm waiting on that and my modified harness to come back so I can get this thing put together

Bigdirtylbz07

Feb 3, 2011
Northeast indiana
To give an update on my build progress, I paid for my cam February 28th and still have not received my camshaft yet which obviously is over 2 months....and that's the only part I'm waiting on. And yes I have called and talked to them, at first I was told that it got sent to my builder over a month ago(which I was not informed on) so I called my builder and he said he didn't have it. So then it was considered "lost" then after waiting for 2 weeks with no call back about it I was told it got signed for but they couldn't make out the signature, still waiting..now as of earlier this week, they are rushing one to get made but it still is about a week and a half out before I know anything more, needless to say my patience is running thin

Last edited:

Jakemax04

Jun 28, 2013
Who is going to assemble your motor and do the machine work? Looks like a pain getting that alt fir order cam but seems it may be worth it. Would suck to break another crank especially after a build!

Bigdirtylbz07

Feb 3, 2011
Northeast indiana
S&S performance out of rochester indiana. Its not a pain to get the cam it's lack of communication and obviously you must have to have a name in the diesel community to get something in a decent timely fashion with them, all the other people I have dealt with got me my parts right away, and now I'm stuck paying more rent on a building because of their carelessness

Last edited:

Bigdirtylbz07

Feb 3, 2011
Northeast indiana
I hear ya in work and free time. Took me two years to get mine runing again.

Yes sir life happened and I have a little boy that's a year old now, which I am not upset about one bit but it did slow the process down quite a bit! She's finally heard enough about the truck and told me to get the damn thing fixed!! Lol in April it'll be 3 years since it's ran it sucks making a payment on a really expensive flower box/shop ornament

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I feel for you guys... I'm trying like crazy to behave and not blow mine up before I get the spare long block built. Like you life seems to keep getting in the way. Oh well it's still ticking for now...