LBZ: finally the motor build and to see what let loose!

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
bringing this back from the dead as i have been trying to acquire parts here and there along with my son being born :woott:i have had to lay low for a bit. as i have had a few questions arise i hope i can get answered in getting this build going again.

1. how important are billet injector hold downs with studs vs stock hold downs with studs?
2. i will be running main studs so how necessary are billet mains or a girdle? i hope for this engine to be at least 900hp
3. should i get titanium retainers or do anything with the rocker shafts while im buying parts?
4. anything you all can think of to help this build be good and solid

At 900hp I would definitely recommend doing the billet hold downs and studs as well as a girdle for sure!

Bigdirtylbz07

Feb 3, 2011
Northeast indiana
Hey Dustin, Dave burton has told me a lot about ya! My only question on all that is solid backup that it all actually benefits. I've tried looking for countless hours trying to find good info to justify it but I have came up empty. What about titatium keepers and rocker studs or anything else that would help?

Bigdirtylbz07

Feb 3, 2011
Northeast indiana
5umuqu5y.jpg

More shiny parts arriving and more on the way! Thanks to Henry with COTNP!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I have that same cam. I plan on possibly changing later down the road to a different one more tuned in for my setup. I bought valve relieved pistons so I don't have any problems in the future. Are you positive that the valves will clear? I can't remember if I actually needed those pistons, or just got them incase I needed them down the road.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I liked it enough that I'm keeping it for next year. Not sure what ill do with next years tear down. But that came will haul ass. I just think I can have a custom one cut around my specific rules and setup, it's a pull only truck now. Will those pistons clear fine?

Bigdirtylbz07

Feb 3, 2011
Northeast indiana
They are 15.5:1 pistons so I'm not sure, Zach Hamilton said that the cam would clear without valve reliefs but I'll assess that when the engine is being assembled rather than doing it if it's not needed, I am at a toss up between doing a whole different turbo setup or adding a bigger charger to my batmo a5k that I already have. So many choices. But I figured this would be a good cam choice for whatever I choose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk