EPR Twin Turbo Install Pics!!!

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Tryed bleeding it at the rail but the problem is the pumps are not pumping the fuel up to the motor? But they are running for sure. TTS pumps only run for 3 seconds and then shut off till the motor is running and i think that 3 seconds is just not enough. Im going to try and hard wire them so they run constant when the key is in the on position and see if they get the fuel up to the motor or not

MaxPowerLB7

Amateur
Nov 8, 2007
Spanish Fork, UT
Wow, I like that color! Trent does nice work, my set up fits like a glove and I haven't had a single leak or anything in over 20k miles and that includes blasting thru mexico pulling my boat and all my stuff at 118 degrees! I can't wait to hear your impressions on your setup, that thing should rock!

I wanna go boating in Mexico! Why wasn't I invited.:mad::hug:

She's alive guys! I will get a video tomorrow:thumb: If anyone on here has TTS lift pumps and has deleted the factory fuel filter please PM me because for some reason i can not get the truck to run with out the factory fuel housing on. The pumps are not priming the system and was wondering if there is someway to make it work because right now i just have the fuel filter housing hanging under the hood just to prime the system and get it running

Sounds like your sucking air to me. The hose on the lift pump would be the most likely culprit.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
TTS pumps will not prime themselves. You need to keep a primer or change to a different pumps system. Eventually you will end up changing pumps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Didn't get time to go to the garage tonight for a video but i did talk to TTS and they told me since there pumps are a flow through design that the fuel wil free flow toward the motor and also way from the motor. The stock fuel filter housing which has a checkball/valve in it to keep the fuel from draining back to the tank. SO what i need to do is put some sort of one way check valve inline to keep the fuel from draining back into the tank and losing my prime. If anyone knows where i could locate one of these please pm me or post it here.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I run the Kennedy pumps and filter which is just about the same thing. I've run them on two diffrent trucks without a factory fuel filter with no problems. When they are running push the fuel test port in next to the alt and see if you get fuel. If you dont there is air in the pumps. The easiest way to bleed them is to pressurize the tank and open the bleeder on the pumps. I've never had a problem with fuel running back to the tank unless you have a bad hose that would allow the fuel to drain back.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I have a Super Diesel lift pump and it has a bypass with a checkvalve. You may can get in touch with Super Diesel or check Summit Racing, I think they sell them.

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
Try pressurizing the tank, running the pumps, and holding the test port open until straight fuel comes out. You should get fuel doing that. Once you do get the air bleed out you should be good to go.

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
Try pressurizing the tank, running the pumps, and holding the test port open until straight fuel comes out. You should get fuel doing that. Once you do get the air bleed out you should be good to go.

x2... grab an air hose and a rag...nothing fancy, but you should be able to make enough pressure to get it going that way...

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Thanks guys im aware i can pressurise the fuel tank but without the check valve im screwed if i ever lose prime and dont have a compressor and everytime i change my nictane filter. No biggie im just going to get a check valve and be done:thumb:

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Thanks guys im aware i can pressurise the fuel tank but without the check valve im screwed if i ever lose prime and dont have a compressor and everytime i change my nictane filter. No biggie im just going to get a check valve and be done:thumb:

I might be wrong but i dont think thats going to save you. When you change the fuel filter your still going to get air in the line even if the check valve is between the filter and pumps. When you start the truck its going to get pulled into the pumps. It does not take much air to stop these pumps.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Im not sure im going to play around with it and see what i get. I will try it before the filter after the filter after the pumps before the pumps etc.... and just keep starting the truck and then taking the fuel filter off untill i find a place that will work for me. Maybe one before and after the filter:confused:

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
It shipped today so maybe just maybe i will have it tomorrow or saturday because he is in illinois and im in ohio so im figuring 2 days for shipping. If i get it saturday i will try and get it on and running this weekend. if not it will be beggining of next week.:thumb:

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Ive been driving it:thumb: Took it out saturday night and put it through its paces for about 50 miles or so. I ended up ziptieing the factory filter housing under the hood. Twin chargers are amazing! The power is sooooooo smooth its incredible the difference. I will give a full update once i get the airdog installed and a new tune loaded in. I got the airdog today and should have the install finished tomorrow afternoon. On the tune i have know im seeing 1:1 drive pressure and around 50psi boost. The s480 is putting out 20psi and the 66 is putting out around 30psi. This isnt dialed in at all no wastegate adjustments no nothing just bolted the kit on a drove. Once i have the airdog up and running and can get some logs etc... Trent will get my wastegate set properly:thumb: I will update soon with a video hopefully

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
FYI, there's a wire coming out of the TTS control box that you can ground (I think) to make the pumps run. It is put there specifically for the purpose of priming the system after a fuel filter change. As long as the pumps aren't air locked, you won't have a problem. Just don't run out of fuel. Not that it matters anymore since it sounds like you have an Air Dog coming.