• Why?

• Waste of Time

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
So, question for everyone. I'm looking at what to do for lines.

Option 1:
Currently my plan is to use Fragola Race Rite Pro (PTFE lined) pre-crimped hoses. My worry with this route is it will force everyone to use the same routing which I know may not work for everyone.

My current routing plan is to run them inside the frame but I have to figure out a good way to secure them. I am planning on using hose separators as well. I had thought about having the user drill holes in the frame edge but that seems a bit of a stretch. They could always be secured to the OEM fuel lines but then again not everyone has them.

Option 2:
My other thought was to send a more conventional "DIY" AN lines where two ends would be preinstalled and the other two would be user installed based upon how they wanted to route it. This makes things a bit easier on that front but then puts some more responsibility on the user. I would include vice soft jaws and an AN wrench to accommodate this.

I welcome a constructive discussion!

shakenfake

Moron
Sep 15, 2022
Shlumpt, TX
I completed my 3d print of my first bracket, will see today/tomorrow how they fit. I screwed up the first print hence the massive delay. With my ancient Ender 3 it takes ~3 days to print the brackets.
That is why I am hoping to pick up a Bambu A1 here soon. I am sooooo sick of my Ender 3.

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
In an effort to just send the kits off as they are ordered, perhaps have an installation option, price dependent on choice, with option 3 being a good quality rubber hose with appropriate AN to barb fittings and hose clamps?

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
That is why I am hoping to pick up a Bambu A1 here soon. I am sooooo sick of my Ender 3.
My print speed is god awful and outer layer adhesion is crap. I need to do some fine tuning but even then it's easily out paced by new printers.

In an effort to just send the kits off as they are ordered, perhaps have an installation option, price dependent on choice, with option 3 being a good quality rubber hose with appropriate AN to barb fittings and hose clamps?
That's an option for sure. Honestly it's not all that much cheaper than DIY AN lines (barb and nut) but it is a reasonable choice!

I did confirm that Fragola's push-lock 8300 series hose is rated to 300F continuous use which makes it valid for this application. It's ~$10.60/ft so not cheap, their black nylon version is $12.49/ft. Parker 801 series is good to 257F continuous so viable but not ideal.

Setrab push-lock is rated to 300f and is around $7.38/ft, their braided is $11.37/ft.

Shocker braided is rated to 257f and is around $8.49/ft.

Vibrant push-lock is rated to 212f and is $8.35/ft (too low of temp), their braided is rated to 300f and is around $11.20/ft, their PTFE lined is rated to 480f and is around $16.25/ft.

To be perfectly clear, there is ZERO issue with push-lock in this application. If using the Fragola 8300 or Setrab hose we are well below the pressure and temp limits. I would include some clamps for good measure with this option. Does anyone have any reservation with this idea? I would be sending likely 20-30ft of hose with each kit and a selection of ends. For reference, the lines @Chevy1925 used on his are push-lock and held up great while he owned it and for a period while Anthony had it.

Thoughts on the above? Does anyone have any reservation with this? I could easily offer 3 levels of hosing.
Level 1: You install the cooler, measure, and tell me what you want for hose lengths/ends using PTFE lined crimped hoses.
Level 2: I send a DIY kit with 20-30ft of hose that you install the ends on yourself, selection of ends
Level 3: I send you a DIY pushlock kit with 20-30ft of hose that you put the ends on yourself, a selection of ends.

Last edited:
Reactions: darkness

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
I ran Teflon SS lines on mine

IMO, outside all out race application, if you're over 250° sustained EOT there's issues.
100% agree on temp rating, just me being paranoid as we all know how some users can be. I am not implying that anyone on this page would point a finger but we all know how these new age owners/kid are and they find anyone to blame.

I personally do not want to run stainless braided as I don't like their ability to transmit current in the event that something rubs through. With braided kits I can offer the end user their choice of nylon or SS braid. I'm going to try 3D printing some AN assembly tools for the braided hoses, it helps seat the braid into the nut/socket.

Last edited: