Engine build

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Yes all the stuff is back from the machine shop. We are coating all of my hot side of the compound kit the same ceramic color as my manifolds. The pressure side is the same red as engine stuff. The compressor covers are going to be the same color as my engine brackets. I'd like to have it running in time to go to Rudy's. Prob not competing in anything I just want to check the event out.

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
How's it coming along? Got it back in the truck yet? Where are you located? Trying to get an idea of how the injectors are going to be to dd, I'm up in Canada and am unsure if I want to go 60 or 100 overs. Just not sure how the truck will start with 100 overs at -40*...

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
It's ready to be dropped in, I had to have sinus surgery so it's kind of on hold. I hope to have it dropped in in a few weeks. I am located in the Washington, D.C. Area. I had 100% overs with my stock charger then when I ran the 366/483 compound I kept them. We where running out of fuel on the top end with it. The did haze some at idle. I have heard that abt LMM ones going that big though. The 200% not LMM ones I'm not sure how they will be as a daily driver. I don't know how the turbos will spool, I do know Andrew said he had no issues with it when it was on his truck. I went with smaller turbine housings to help though. I'm excited to see how it does. It's not a race truck so I really don't care what it will do there. I will run it just to see but I don't have a budget to keep fixing broken parts. I'd like to get it in a magazine though.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
No worries, I am a little south of Waldorf. For the most part I assembled it myself. I did have a few questions and needed assistance on a few things. I'd like to have it done for Rudy's but I'm in no hurry.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
back from the coater

got the boost piping back from the powder coater, the turbo covers should be done soon.
picture.php

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Omaha is abt 2 hours south of me. When I come back with it, it will be on vacation prob won't be "racing" it. Due to having to drive it. I'd prob show up to see what it's all abt.

If you and your truck are ever back home, how far is it for you down to Pacific junction's 1/8 mile, just south of cb and Omaha?

Last edited:

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I will

I will, had a surgery so had to take a break. Engine should be back in the truck Friday. Decided to go with merchant engine mounts. Hope they work out.. I hear they are rough feeling. Need to make some brackets for fuel and oil coolers. Is anyone else running these turbos?

Nice y-bridge :thumb: I like it

:roflmao:

Sweet build man, keep the pics comin:D