Duramax to Race with PDRA 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Here is the Video of that race. The 6 second Power Service Dragster entered a 8.50 index race. Without a delay box, he rolled the beams and sat there counting until he guessed, watch about the 54 second mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAUvUAxkPa8&list=FLN21OsiA51oUiAoVOlSqwWw

Again, videos show a lot.

That's the vid I was trying to find. For all Hogue's talk, Robinson did a good job of making it look like Hogue was in reverse. Greg's big talk can't get around that one. A heads up race would have that leaky, smokey "6 second clean diesel" on the trailer in no time.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Greg's the greatest

You guys are wasting your time. You can't argue with him, he will bring you down to his level. I know I have been there and couldn't breath. Lol He will just replie about how great he is.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
You guys are wasting your time. You can't argue with him, he will bring you down to his level. I know I have been there and couldn't breath. Lol He will just replie about how great he is.

I agree Jeff, it's a waste of time! It's just hard not too, lol! Like Tom said, there are days I wonder why people support idiots like Greg instead of those of us that are actually doing something relative to the market. I'd love to have a railcar to race and may someday I will but it's a lot of money I don have to just spend.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
As fast as any diesel in the country by what measurement scale? 0-60'? 1/8 mile? 1/4 mile? Trap speed?

all of them

Your probably right Jeff.
But when he can't cover his above statement this season it's going to be sweet and maybe he will disappear and move on to something else. I don't think he has got any "firsts" in the lawnmower or soapbox racing circuits yet.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Backward lawn mower racing? Sounds exhilarating!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Very impressive

4c9e683f36694ae03554eee462f5399f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I nearly spit out my drink Lmao

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
When I first saw this post I thought that sounds kinda neat, wonder why I have not heard of this guy?
Well then I started reading and thought, well he is not part of the in crowd, normal forum stuff.
But then Greg I kept reading and I personally just stopped liking the words you were typing on the screen and I started questioning everything you have posted.
I can't find where you were the first truck in the 9's, 8's or even 10's.
I see you ran 8.7 seconds in a 2500 pound dragster chassis, which I think I could do with a tuned lbz and glide in a roller from racing junk.

I have had my fair share of threads that were not going my way, but this is awful.
I actually had to reread some of the stuff I got into just to make sure it was not that bad. (some members may say yes).

Complete sentences and proper spelling and grammar would be a great start.
Than some video's and timeslips would be a good backup.

Probably if you had just made the first post and then took the beating, and not said anything. That would have been good advertisement.
The response you have provided was very offensive to me, and I am very hard to offend.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
found the time slip for you ,
and yes we video, but its just the rear of the car to the nose for chassis set up , very boring , we do this on all of our cars at the track, so if its not anything worth needing to keep, its not saved

I have a camera stand that we step out on the track so it's in the same place , so no score boards are in the video , been doing this for 30+ years ,

the car lost a head gasket and sprayed water on me at .398 in to the run , the block water pressure went from 3 psi to 170 psi in les then a tenth of a second . I dropped the nitrous , and stayed on the throttle to the stripe , but the car laid over hard .

in my experience this pass if carried through with out losing a head gasket, would have been around a 2.50 to 2.60 back half with out any additional nitrous

timeslip_zps935e8b5b.jpg

Last edited:

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
so factor that time slip , its a mid seven second run if the stock head had not caved in. I have the new solid Frankenstein heads for this season

also did a hour on MotorTrend radio today ,

also putting to gather a new engine and make this one a spare Winburg helped me out on a killer crank, and Carrillo did me a great set of light weight rods , The new Diamond billet pistons are 640 grams . by that time Frankenstein will have the new billet heads ready for me .

Last edited:

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
I have seen the diamond pistons, they are an exact copy of the lb7 pistons, lip and all.
I doubt much design or input from experienced racers and engine builders were put into them.
The fact that they have not broken in your 650hp engine is not a good enough test for me Greg.

And my Dad always told me as kid: "If the Dog wouldn't have stopped to shit he would have caught the rabbit."

So if just does not count Greg, I think everyone that has been posting here has been trying fairly respectfully to explain that to you.

Do what you think you can do.
Than the only thing you have to post is a timeslip and a video. Not a bunch of if this and that horseshit!

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
I have seen the diamond pistons, they are an exact copy of the lb7 pistons, lip and all.
I doubt much design or input from experienced racers and engine builders were put into them.
The fact that they have not broken in your 650hp engine is not a good enough test for me Greg.

And my Dad always told me as kid: "If the Dog wouldn't have stopped to shit he would have caught the rabbit."

So if just does not count Greg, I think everyone that has been posting here has been trying fairly respectfully to explain that to you.

Do what you think you can do.
Than the only thing you have to post is a timeslip and a video. Not a bunch of if this and that horseshit!

one that look nothing like a stock piston , in fact that have more in common with a current blower piston.

you can see the time slip that I just posted , It takes a solid 1100 plus HP to run that 1/8 miles the car half laid over hard hence the ultra slow 1/4.

I would venture to say that there is only 3 cars in the country that have faster 1/8 mile. and only one with a Dmax Banks

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
https://www.google.com/search?q=dia...uary_2013_parts_bin%2Fphoto_01.html;1600;1200

Here is a picture. please other members chime in. piston looks totally stock in bowl shape Greg.

But maybe you have not seen any aftermarket diesel pistons.

I helped design some really great Diesel pistons, with real results.
A blower piston would be a terrible design for a diesel piston in my opinion.

An 1100 hp/2000 torque diesel cutting a 1.0 60 foot in a 2300 pound rail goes 7 seconds flat.

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
That looks an awful lot like an LB7 piston to me.... should hold up great to 700 plus hp. That should hold Greg over for another season

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Greg

I have run 4.71 at 151. I'm pretty sure your time slip is a joke. I will look into the morning but I don't think you run a 2.80 in the 330. More smoke and mirrors.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
one that look nothing like a stock piston , in fact that have more in common with a current blower piston.

you can see the time slip that I just posted , It takes a solid 1100 plus HP to run that 1/8 miles the car half laid over hard hence the ultra slow 1/4.

I would venture to say that there is only 3 cars in the country that have faster 1/8 mile. and only one with a Dmax Banks

2 things
1-Most people that care about drag racing could care less about 1/8 mile times - except those that can't survive a full 1/4 mile. A few dodge guys come to mind........
2-You keep saying you made like 22 passes and lots were faster than the one in the 12 second video. So where is the time slip from one of those? Or did you break or let off on every run?
:smellslike:

Status
Not open for further replies.