Duramax to Race with PDRA 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I'd much rather see a handful of 9 and ten second trucks than a mid 8 second dragster. Just doesn't do it for me. When the top qualifier is running 2 seconds faster than the only diesel in the field, I'm not sure how that helps the diesel image?

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
and they started out running how fast. We had tuning issues , those are 100% fixed now and the motor will make the power needed to compete.

We traveled 30,000+ miles last year and had some good events and some not so good . I know that the average rank and file member is not of the same opinion as the few here that are not happy I'm getting funding and attention.

I will not apologies for doing my job as a professional racer and putting my program in the spotlight. I have been racing and getting funding for many years, and I have offered to show anyone how its done. This does not happen over night . I have been with G.M for 18 years and they have been a huge part of my success.

We were approached to run PDRA and offered help to accomplish it. Most events are going 1/8 mile because of insurance . we feel because of gearing we can be competitive or close to it , their average bump is high 4.20's and low 4.30's . The car will go 50's now with the crappy way it was running, with the new operating system it will get rid of 90% of the issues.

The stock ECM will lose its mind under certain conditions, this really comes in to play with high acceleration rates.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
and they started out running how fast. We had tuning issues , those are 100% fixed now and the motor will make the power needed to compete.

We traveled 30,000+ miles last year and had some good events and some not so good . I know that the average rank and file member is not of the same opinion as the few here that are not happy I'm getting funding and attention.

I will not apologies for doing my job as a professional racer and putting my program in the spotlight. I have been racing and getting funding for many years, and I have offered to show anyone how its done. This does not happen over night . I have been with G.M for 18 years and they have been a huge part of my success.

We were approached to run PDRA and offered help to accomplish it. Most events are going 1/8 mile because of insurance . we feel because of gearing we can be competitive or close to it , their average bump is high 4.20's and low 4.30's . The car will go 50's now with the crappy way it was running, with the new operating system it will get rid of 90% of the issues.

The stock ECM will lose its mind under certain conditions, this really comes in to play with high acceleration rates.

Most events (more like all) are going 1/8 mile because that's what the PDRA is. A 1/8 mile only organization. And it only started because of people like you that can't be competitive at a 1000' NHRA track with a gas dragster because they break or don't want to spend the money to go that fast. Weekend racer's so to speak. Which there is nothing wrong with. But trying to say your doing something unique and need to be recognized for it is BS! How many diesel's are even competing in the PDRA?

You ran over 2 seconds slower than the top qualifier in your little list there. And the only reason you weren't last is because that guy broke. I think you're there because you realized you can't compete in a 1/4 mile race in a diesel dragster in a diesel organization and be competitive. So scared of being embarrassed by full body and even production frame trucks running low 9's and 8's for a 1/4 or less $$ invested. Or the ones like G&J diesel who bring trucks to every event they can just because they love the sport and love competing. The ones people actually respect. Not because they want everyone to look at them and give them a pat on the back.

So how are you the face of diesel? What are you proving? That diesel's are too slow to be competitive with the big boys? If so you accomplished that with honors!!
Like I said, stop running your mouth, put down some numbers, and prove your worthy of representing the diesel community. I posted the top 5 Duramax powered diesels earlier. You have a large hill to climb to be at the top.

Last edited:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Your list is all well and good Greg but I need a video or time slip. If I knew you and trusted you, your word would be good enough, but the fella's who are questioning your professionalism I do know and trust as I know them to be honest and good sportsmen. So load up a readable time slip or video where we can read the time board and I'll be happy to add you. You might consider redoing your signature page, it is obnoxious and no one really cares about what you did in a TDI, or if you were the first diesel to race backwards or whatever. Consider trying to under state a little, your approach makes you look like you have a small man or little penis complex. And it is anything but professional.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
Your list is all well and good Greg but I need a video or time slip. If I knew you and trusted you, your word would be good enough, but the fella's who are questioning your professionalism I do know and trust as I know them to be honest and good sportsmen. So load up a readable time slip or video where we can read the time board and I'll be happy to add you. You might consider redoing your signature page, it is obnoxious and no one really cares about what you did in a TDI, or if you were the first diesel to race backwards or whatever. Consider trying to under state a little, your approach makes you look like you have a small man or little penis complex. And it is anything but professional.

I guess NHRA website is not good enough for you.

http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=291479&Filter=Year2014#indextop

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
you scared people will see that the car leaving hard and not a 12 second car like the propaganda the kiddos spread , that was a 1.08 60 foot

LOL ya that's it.:roflmao:
BTW, cars have doors or a body that lifts. You should probably work on figuring out wtf you even drive before you make an ass of yourself even more while being the face of diesel!:loser:

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
58180813.jpg

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
you scared people will see that the car leaving hard and not a 12 second car like the propaganda the kiddos spread , that was a 1.08 60 foot

I don't think anybody is afraid of what your dragster has done/can do/will do.

I hope it goes really fast and you win races. In the end racing is racing and people can like you or not like you. Like you said about English students or racers earlier....same idea. Win races and that stands on it's own.

Your professional racer "PR" is about as far off from anything that would be expected from any racer who had major corporate sponsorship. Sponsorship is a form of advertising. I have a hard time believeing an inconsistent diesel dragster with a person behind it with the PR skills of narcissistic bean dip is what GM or anybody would put their money behind.

I do not believe for a minute you are sponsored by them. Did they send you some parts? Maybe and doubtful. But the branding of your car and the presentation of you and it screams anything but corporate sponsorship.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong and I'll be the first to apologize. I think you are full of shit.

Good luck though.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
I don't think anybody is afraid of what your dragster has done/can do/will do.

I hope it goes really fast and you win races. In the end racing is racing and people can like you or not like you. Like you said about English students or racers earlier....same idea. Win races and that stands on it's own.

Your professional racer "PR" is about as far off from anything that would be expected from any racer who had major corporate sponsorship. Sponsorship is a form of advertising. I have a hard time believeing an inconsistent diesel dragster with a person behind it with the PR skills of narcissistic bean dip is what GM or anybody would put their money behind.

I do not believe for a minute you are sponsored by them. Did they send you some parts? Maybe and doubtful. But the branding of your car and the presentation of you and it screams anything but corporate sponsorship.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong and I'll be the first to apologize. I think you are full of shit.

Good luck though.
\

name one thing unprofessional about my racing Career other then arguing with people like you. I have never been tossed out of a race for blowing up a bomb in the pits. Its just the continued adage of people like you continuing to lie and then repeating the lie as many times as possible , and trying to pass it off as fact. as to G.M. I have represented them very well, in Competition eliminator, Super Stock and in their own catalog for years.

you continue you to say as do the kiddos that its all about me and my programs . Well it is , when I'm getting paid to do this , I have racer on sponsor funding for many many years. I can call most company's , including many in the diesel world and get parts and support , because I have a proven track record in turning that help in to Print

to those that don't under stand this bickering , its the divisiveness of the diesel world that until fixed will hinder it from ever being taken seriously .

I have pushed hard to get tracks to work with diesel organization to put on even's and I hear the same thing , "NOT NO,BUT HELL NO" Basically diesel does not play well with others ,

I leave you with one thought , what good is for other Pro's to be so condescending to other Pro's its not good for the sport

Robby05

Jul 25, 2014
Spokane, WA
Well have fun being a "real racer". This is the first time I've ever heard your name. I'm just a weekend warrior that visits the track a few times a year. It seems like if you had any proof of your dragster actually running a decent time you wouldn't have to be on a forum running you mouth about how fast you run. Your track times would speak for yourself. Good luck with your season

Status
Not open for further replies.