Drop in batmowheel

1hotduramax

Dec 14, 2008
Friend of mine just put one on his LLY and used the same tune he was using before the wheel change. Says his truck spools instantly but the charger is also making 42#s of boost now. Really does not sound like a good way to keep the charger alive for long.

My question would be if you back the tuning down so that you are only making safe boost again like 30-36#s are you really gaining anything. He said he also dropped EGT's by about 200* F. I would switch just for that alone running 40" tires my EGT's climb fast :(

Are you sure that your friend has like 42# of boost just from the batmowheel?

$Smokin_Duradog$

Sep 16, 2006
Goshen, IN
So my friend that put this wheel in his LLY is really happy with the way it works compared to the stock wheel. Lower EGT's, more power, more boost. My concern is if he is hitting 42 PSI with max effort tuning is this going to be detrimental to the charger? Would you need to upgrade the beraing and thrust washers like Fleece does with the Cheetahs?

Is the boost what kills the charger or is the drive pressure? If you were getting 35#s of boost with the cal before the wheel and now all you have done is change the wheel and get 42#s of boost is this going to kill the charger? Seems like a waste to change the wheel if that is the case. What do you guys think?

Bryce418

Still slow
Oct 5, 2009
Drive pressure is a better gauge of abuse the charger is being given.

Higher drive pressure = more torque on the shaft.

1hotduramax

Dec 14, 2008
So how do you check drive pressure I haven't seen any references as to that what do we run stock and what with the bat mo wheel

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
So my friend that put this wheel in his LLY is really happy with the way it works compared to the stock wheel. Lower EGT's, more power, more boost. My concern is if he is hitting 42 PSI with max effort tuning is this going to be detrimental to the charger? Would you need to upgrade the beraing and thrust washers like Fleece does with the Cheetahs?

Is the boost what kills the charger or is the drive pressure? If you were getting 35#s of boost with the cal before the wheel and now all you have done is change the wheel and get 42#s of boost is this going to kill the charger? Seems like a waste to change the wheel if that is the case. What do you guys think?

Why is he making 42#? Did he change his tuning and asked for that? If not it should still make the same boost as before

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Hmmm, im really think about throwin a batmo on both the lb7 charger and s475. wonder what kind of gain i would see out of that setup

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Besides the drop in replacement for our trucks, how are these dp much better than regular billet or l.I. wheels?? I know they look funny. But besides being lighter for alittle faster spooling do they flow alot more? 15 horse doesn't seem worth the headache... that's why I haven't installed the lml manifold yet

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Besides the drop in replacement for our trucks, how are these dp much better than regular billet or l.I. wheels?? I know they look funny. But besides being lighter for alittle faster spooling do they flow alot more? 15 horse doesn't seem worth the headache... that's why I haven't installed the lml manifold yet

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I agree but seeing as how im tearin my motor down, now would be the time to do it. Not to metion, i could theoreticlly see adding both wheels to my twins and see more than a 15hp gain BUT that could be wrong.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Hmmm, im really think about throwin a batmo on both the lb7 charger and s475. wonder what kind of gain i would see out of that setup

Unless something has changed since they first came out, you can't get wheel to drop in your 475. You have to buy a complete turbo.

Bryce418

Still slow
Oct 5, 2009
Hehehe. 1,200.00 worth in labor for 400.00 upgrade and maby 10/15 hp/tq. I think I'll wait and just get a bigger turbo my self.

Not sure about the LLY/LBZ wheels but the chart of the lb7 wheel shows a gain of 100 ft lbs at around 1500 rpm. There is a LOT more to look at on these than peak power gains.

If the chart I saw for the lb7 is legit I would expect to drop at least a few tenths and most of it in 60ft.