Dragster testing

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I do a high gear burnout. I don't start out in low gear. I don't like shifting it's just harder on parts. I don't have any trouble getting them to turn over. Ken, It's the same motor out of the white truck(LBZ) 2100 with me suited up full of fluids. It doesn't spin on the hit it's on down the track that i'm having problems. Listen to the video. I will figure it out or I will take it to someone that will.

I caught it that time, sounds like Max'd Out did the first time at the track, tires squeeled all the way down the track, we thought it was tire spin, turned out to be the front tires towing in all the way down the track, :D obviously not your problem. It sounds and looks great Jeff, can hardly wait to see it at Indy.:thumb:

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
Are they newer tires? Zane had a heck of a time getting the Hoosiers on his dragster to hook consistently, switched over to an M&H tire and it helped the 60-ft times quite a bit.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
Hey I just loaded it from a text.:D

Just be happy ecc33 was sober enough to get the footage. :rofl:

If anyone has a I phone my other buddy will send the video and maybe we can get a better one this time. I think Eric's phone is drunk.

LOL If you think my phone was drunk you should have seen me mow the yard later that night :spit::thumb:. Dude this thing is SICK sounding. I think i was more pumped then Jeff after the first pass. Once Jeff pull's the tow tune out this thing is going to scream. Yea they were brand new slicks.

Bryce418

Still slow
Oct 5, 2009
congrats Jeff, wish i was able to come see this thing in action. cant wait to see someone else in the #1 spot

not to try and slight Jeff's work, as his first passes were pretty stellar, but losing a full second from a 8 second pass is a monumental task. beating the Banks boys without Gale's checkbook will be tough.

again I struggle to emphasize how cool I find it what he has done with what I'm pretty sure is a whole lot more realistic budget, and also for not "Wadeing" in and taking a year to complete a full pass!

Bryce418

Still slow
Oct 5, 2009
I bet guy has a little something up his sleeve to shut them up. :)

Trust me I would love to see the working man topple the big money boys but it's tall order. I really like seeing someone get it right without spending silly money getting there, so I'm all about these results!

OKdrtyDmax

Sep 15, 2010
Oklahoma
I caught it that time, sounds like Max'd Out did the first time at the track, tires squeeled all the way down the track, we thought it was tire spin, turned out to be the front tires towing in all the way down the track, :D obviously not your problem. It sounds and looks great Jeff, can hardly wait to see it at Indy.:thumb:

An older gentlemen in a max'd out shirt pointed out a perfect example of this to me at ennis:thumb:. Great vid, would love to see this car run with banks/scheid/power service

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Dragster

I only want to run 7.50's with this car. That's the problem as I see it with most of the guys racing diesels. They want to be the hero and make record passes. I just want to win!!! I'm not the fastest guy at the races but I normally find a way to win. You have to finish to win. You have to go ROUNDS! most teams break or smoke the tires or find a way to lose. I will take my chances running mid 7's and hope I can outlast them. It has worked pretty good so far. I'm not sure the banks car has made as many passes as I have and theres has been done for years. It always breaks. I'm a little guy with a little budget and I just want to race and have fun. I can promise everyone that I will have MORE FUN than anyone in the class! The NX dragster had the rite outlook on how they raced and it worked well for them. I hope to do the same. Thanks everyone. Jeff(you have to be in it to win it)Dean:roflmao:

Last edited:

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
Hey boom boom :roflmao: I think you got my oil leak fixed. And with your luck you will run 11's and win that class lol

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
Trust me I would love to see the working man topple the big money boys but it's tall order. I really like seeing someone get it right without spending silly money getting there, so I'm all about these results!

Well... Give it some time. He had a MEAN looking project in his shop last year. Haven't been back since. But I'm sure it's time will come.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Congrats Jeff, I think your 7.5 second goal is a good move! Like you said your going to have lots of fun, breaking stuff aint fun.