Dragster testing

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I do a high gear burnout. I don't start out in low gear. I don't like shifting it's just harder on parts. I don't have any trouble getting them to turn over. Ken, It's the same motor out of the white truck(LBZ) 2100 with me suited up full of fluids. It doesn't spin on the hit it's on down the track that i'm having problems. Listen to the video. I will figure it out or I will take it to someone that will.

I thought I heard tire squeal down the track. :eek: I have no experience in hi-end racing but can you go to a different compound slick, or maybe do a heavier burnout in the box to get them heated more?

It did leave smooth. Your work is impressive as all get-out, Jeff.

fishsmith

May 14, 2008
Monroe, LA
Nice run jeff High gear burnout is the right way. Hoosiers generally don't take a whole lot of burnout to make them hook. How was the track, were the gas motor cars hooking well.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Dragster

Thanks everyone! It sure fills good to make a couple of passes after all the work. I was running 5.5 to 6 psi depending on the pass in the tires. My gauge could be bad so i'm going to get another to see. I won't have it out before TS because of the Diesel power challenge and getting it wrapped. I was wanting to test some more but I have to much going on to do what I want. The motor sure sounds different with the new turbo at 5200 rpm.