Drag racing help, time slips included

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
It was such a great race if I would have cut a better light I think I would have had him.

Again no direspect but Rony cuts the best lights I've ever seen and Verlon still goves him arun for the money! I truly enjoy watchin finals on sportsman....it os a skill and practce makes perfect!....you perhaps could get lucky but those boys ate experiamced:D

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
Again no direspect but Rony cuts the best lights I've ever seen and Verlon still goves him arun for the money! I truly enjoy watchin finals on sportsman....it os a skill and practce makes perfect!....you perhaps could get lucky but those boys ate experiamced:D

That is true I seen him stage next to me and I said to myself I'm done lol.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I dynoed 602 on custom autos dyno yesterday. It was 97° outside too. Best I have ran at full weight in my crew cab was a 12.91 @ 106. 1.8 60'...

I've learned to take what everyone says my/someone else's truck "should be" with a grain of salt cause there's so many variables that affect what a truck "should" be.

Just cause the mods are there, doesn't mean you have to use them to there full extent...yea I have 30% injectors and a 72mm turbo..I made my power on a small pulse with low timing while maintaning 24,000+ psi rail pressure and being smoke free after spool up and I'm happy with what it did/can do and I'm not out to impress anyone but myself and I did it. My truck is still in one piece cause I trust my tuner more than any tuner out there cause he has proven to me that he knows how to tune a truck and make safe reliable power (to an extent) with what he is given truck/mod wise.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
I dynoed 602 on custom autos dyno yesterday. It was 97° outside too. Best I have ran at full weight in my crew cab was a 12.91 @ 106. 1.8 60'...

I've learned to take what everyone says my/someone else's truck "should be" with a grain of salt cause there's so many variables that affect what a truck "should" be.

Just cause the mods are there, doesn't mean you have to use them to there full extent...yea I have 30% injectors and a 72mm turbo..I made my power on a small pulse with low timing while maintaning 24,000+ psi rail pressure and being smoke free after spool up and I'm happy with what it did/can do and I'm not out to impress anyone but myself and I did it. My truck is still in one piece cause I trust my tuner more than any tuner out there cause he has proven to me that he knows how to tune a truck and make safe reliable power (to an extent) with what he is given truck/mod wise.

X2 everyone tells me that my truck "should be this fast" and that I should try a new tuner. But the only difference is that the new tuner will use more pulse and timing to make me faster. With zachs tuning I can feel safe when I beat on it and head down the track. If I had a larger tune from a different tuner I wouldn't trust my truck as much with a different tuner.

Last edited:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Im gonna throw this out there and you wont like it! Learn how to tune your own god dam truck! This forum was originally set up for that, not for people crying about the bad tuner

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Im gonna throw this out there and you wont like it! Learn how to tune your own god dam truck! This forum was originally set up for that, not for people crying about the bad tuner

I think it would be fun to tune your own truck, but I have no need to :) if I wasn't happy with a tuner then I would, but I don't want to risk blowing my own motor and after talking with Zach there is no way I could become a better tuner than all the tuners with 5+ years of experience that have spent a lot of money on blowing their own stuff up to better the diesel industry haha :)

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I think it would be fun to tune your own truck, but I have no need to :) if I wasn't happy with a tuner then I would, but I don't want to risk blowing my own motor and after talking with Zach there is no way I could become a better tuner than all the tuners with 5+ years of experience that have spent a lot of money on blowing their own stuff up to better the diesel industry haha :)

I Know Zach, and have huge respect for him! Ask him why he doesn't hire a tuner and chose to learn himself;)

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
nevermind guys, A tuner that really cares will some how make a mechanical problem go away....lol

its obviously a secret table

Last edited:

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
I wasnt really saying what it should be. or what its not. Everyone throws there high hp numbers around so much these days, but yet times or trap doesnt reflect it. I really could careless what people run, just seems that tells the truth about power to the wheels in most cases.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
I wasnt really saying what it should be. or what its not. Everyone throws there high hp numbers around so much these days, but yet times or trap doesnt reflect it. I really could careless what people run, just seems that tells the truth about power to the wheels in most cases.

I see where your coming from, what bother me is when someone says "your setup should be in the mid 12's" and then they blame the tuner, but they don't understand that the corrected altitude it 7100, probably one of the highest in the nation, track prep absolutely sucks

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
2600 pulse tune should be around 550 hp anywhere.
Since you have an LBZ, I'm going to assume that's what you're talking about here. I'll tell you right now, there is no way a stock injector/stock turbo truck will be putting down 550 HP on a 2600 uS pulse width tune unless they are doing something really crazy with fuel pressure. I would say most 2600 uS tunes are in the 480 HP range, 500 tops. Most max effort stock motor LBZ tunes are realistically in the 550 HP area, and they are running more than 2600 uS for the pusle width.

Also, I always get a big kick out of guys who are "safe" tuners. Bottom line, any time you crank these trucks up anywhere near the 500 HP mark, there is nothing about it that is safe! If you want safe, leave it stock (and even then they can still break).