Drag racing help, time slips included

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
nevermind guys, A tuner that really cares will some how make a mechanical problem go away....lol

its obviously a secret table
If I'm reading into this correctly, I believe what Red1977 is trying to say is his truck with Rob's tuning an aftermarket charger and a worn CP3 is slower than it was with the stock charger and the same worn CP3. No doubt Rob is a good tuner but I've been there myself. I tried one of the top shelf tuners out there just to try something different and he couldn't get me no ways the power I have now. I sent him log after log and he sent me 9 revisions to the tunes. In the end the hottest tune was about 50 hp weaker than what I had and my pocket was $550.00 lighter.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
If I'm reading into this correctly, I believe what Red1977 is trying to say is his truck with Rob's tuning an aftermarket charger and a worn CP3 is slower than it was with the stock charger and the same worn CP3. No doubt Rob is a good tuner but I've been there myself. I tried one of the top shelf tuners out there just to try something different and he couldn't get me no ways the power I have now. I sent him log after log and he sent me 9 revisions to the tunes. In the end the hottest tune was about 50 hp weaker than what I had and my pocket was $550.00 lighter.

Who does your tuning now?

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah

That is what I'm saying. I held 18,000 psi on a stock charger and I hold 18,000 psi on the big charger. I am trying to learn to tune my own truck but its not that easy for me to figure it out. I know I need a cp3 and it will be 12s. But why can't it run faster then my stock charger? To be honest I'm suprised the motor is still together, It has 350 k on it lol.

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
I'm by far no cheerleader ...however I am curious if you semt him a log?

Seams to me you have a bunk cp3 and are expexting honey out of dog shit.

Just sayin....

Fine lets tell the story behind my tuning. I contacted ATP about tuning for this charger, Verlon sit and talked to me for a good 30 mins and then I decided ok I'll try rob. Rob sent me the tunes I forgot to tell him it was for a 5 inch intake, I emailed him back and told him he said that is fine and sent me revized tunes for the 5 inch intake. I get turbo on put tunes in truck throws maf codes and would not run. I email Rob and tell him he tells me to check and make sure the intake is not leaking. So I check no leaks email Rob back he tells me its not in the tuning. But truck keeps throwing maf codes and will not run right. I start talking to other people that tune and they were willing to help me out and I had not paid them a dime. Come to find out Rob didn't even try to tune for the intake but remember it was not in the tuning. So I paid 350 bucks for tunes that were not even done right. I had to tune for the intake.

I have some logs that I can send him but what is he going to do tell me that its not in the tuning again. Yes I know I need a cp3 but on a stock charger that same cp3 holding the same rail pressure that it is now ran faster.

I'm not expecting honey out of dog shit, I'm just expecting better customer services. I have found out there are a few people that he has treated like this.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Fine lets tell the story behind my tuning. I contacted ATP about tuning for this charger, Verlon sit and talked to me for a good 30 mins and then I decided ok I'll try rob. Rob sent me the tunes I forgot to tell him it was for a 5 inch intake, I emailed him back and told him he said that is fine and sent me revized tunes for the 5 inch intake. I get turbo on put tunes in truck throws maf codes and would not run. I email Rob and tell him he tells me to check and make sure the intake is not leaking. So I check no leaks email Rob back he tells me its not in the tuning. But truck keeps throwing maf codes and will not run right. I start talking to other people that tune and they were willing to help me out and I had not paid them a dime. Come to find out Rob didn't even try to tune for the intake but remember it was not in the tuning. So I paid 350 bucks for tunes that were not even done right. I had to tune for the intake.

I have some logs that I can send him but what is he going to do tell me that its not in the tuning again. Yes I know I need a cp3 but on a stock charger that same cp3 holding the same rail pressure that it is now ran faster.

I'm not expecting honey out of dog shit, I'm just expecting better customer services. I have found out there are a few people that he has treated like this.

There is a reason I went with Kory.

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
When I got robs tunes for my twin set up I was also throwing maf codes and limping me down the track.. it was annoying, Ive had a v2 for 3 years and know a lil bit about how a truck runs after logging logging and logging and adjusting. I finally decided find the codes it was throwing and turned them off via efilive and pulled all the rattle outa my tunes. Truck would only desire 21k of fuel pressure also. Yes desired. Had to fix that also. Hope to get back on the track and see if I can click off faster then a 12.4.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Since you have an LBZ, I'm going to assume that's what you're talking about here. I'll tell you right now, there is no way a stock injector/stock turbo truck will be putting down 550 HP on a 2600 uS pulse width tune unless they are doing something really crazy with fuel pressure. I would say most 2600 uS tunes are in the 480 HP range, 500 tops. Most max effort stock motor LBZ tunes are realistically in the 550 HP area, and they are running more than 2600 uS for the pusle width.

Also, I always get a big kick out of guys who are "safe" tuners. Bottom line, any time you crank these trucks up anywhere near the 500 HP mark, there is nothing about it that is safe! If you want safe, leave it stock (and even then they can still break).

I am not using a stock turbo.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I am not using a stock turbo.
Still no way you're making 550 with stock injectors. A stock turbo does a good job of cleaning up all the fuel from a 2600 uS pulse width tune. I have a bunch of 13.2 time slips from my truck running that same pulse width in my full weight CC/SB, and another guy with an identical truck ran with the same tune ran a 13.1 with a stock transmission and a little weight reduction. Neither truck is anywhere near 550 hp, and probably not even over 500. Trap speed is a pretty good indicator of hp, and even being generous with the weight of your truck, your time slips don't even indicate you're at 500.
These tuna wars didn't exist a few years ago

:rofl:

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
Still no way you're making 550 with stock injectors. A stock turbo does a good job of cleaning up all the fuel from a 2600 uS pulse width tune. I have a bunch of 13.2 time slips from my truck running that same pulse width in my full weight CC/SB, and another guy with an identical truck ran with the same tune ran a 13.1 with a stock transmission and a little weight reduction. Neither truck is anywhere near 550 hp, and probably not even over 500. Trap speed is a pretty good indicator of hp, and even being generous with the weight of your truck, your time slips don't even indicate you're at 500.

That's not necessarily true. I saw a certain member who's name shall not be mentioned run a 12.1 on stock injectors. This was at rmr raceway which is 4400'. Full weight ccsb. But........he had dual fuelers.

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
That's not necessarily true. I saw a certain member who's name shall not be mentioned run a 12.1 on stock injectors. This was at rmr raceway which is 4400'. Full weight ccsb. But........he had dual fuelers.
Explain please.. Stock turbos are getting outa there map ranges around 540rwhp there has been some guys hit 560 but spraying it and running a 3200us tune 30* He mighta been runnin dual fuelers but damn full pressure at 3200us would be risky to me. And what was his trap speed?

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah

What elevation track are you at? I'm sick of people telling me where my truck "should be at" or "isn't". I made 515 on my stock trans not sure on the pulse, 550 on a 2600 us pulse, and 596 with a 2950 pulse, all on different dyno sessions. Have you ever ran at RMR?

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
I agree with josh. Trap speed is the best way to figure hp. I dyno'd 535 and trapped 105.2 which is like 520hp. It's funny how guys read stuff on here, order a bunch of parts and throw shit together and expect the tuning to b spot on the first trip around the block. Some of these young pups need an old 70's hot rod with a carb and see how long it takes to get the combo setup right. Nowadays if the tuner doesn't get it right the first time u flame him on the Internet. Rob has always fixed any issue I've had. Patient goes a long ways:thumb:

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
The duramax et calculator on the forum gave me a 12.91 @103 which makes sense being that the calculator doesn't effect my 7100 DA and the sucky track prep that won't let me cut lower than a 1.8.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.

So your saying this guy ran a 12.1 on a 2600us tune?? Josh is talking about running a 2600us tune, I'm sure he wasn't on any 2600us tune with 24* timing when he ran a 12.1.....

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
What elevation track are you at? I'm sick of people telling me where my truck "should be at" or "isn't". I made 515 on my stock trans not sure on the pulse, 550 on a 2600 us pulse, and 596 with a 2950 pulse, all on different dyno sessions. Have you ever ran at RMR?

Dynoes are stupid. All they are good for is a tuning tool. Like My big tune running 3200us and 29* timing ran a 12.75 weighing in at 7200, dyno I got on showed I only was at 420 on that tune.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
The duramax et calculator on the forum gave me a 12.91 @103 which makes sense being that the calculator doesn't effect my 7100 DA and the sucky track prep that won't let me cut lower than a 1.8.

That's the thing. Alot of variables play into the race track. Track prep, truck setup, da, all kinds of fun stuff. R your time slips with the 72 on there? I missed if u mentioned it before.