Info: DPC 2012: Update Thread

millerman04

< The Man Cave
Jul 14, 2010
Clearville, Pa
Guess we cant have fun on here anymore. :confused: Are all ford guys so uptight? Best of luck to whoever wins. Doesnt matter much to me, this is just a fun comp to watch :woott:

Powerstroked162

<---- mi hijo de la carne
Feb 25, 2010
SoWa
oh someone has their pantys in a wad on a CHEVY/GMC site. Not to metion you pull some BS out of the air that was never stated. Damn trolls, they can never have any fun with anyone else :hello: :rofl:

Maybe Im the only one with eyes? :rofl: I don't care honestly. If a friggin' yugo wins, I'd be happy. Its a great event. Nobody should take anything away from any of the competitors. Carry on :thumb:

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I just find it interesting that the year a duramax is taking a backseat to a Ford in the challenge, comments like yours are being thrown around. DPC is held in Denver, not Roswell. Team Pretty Jeans is giving it hell out there and they are not far behind first! Today is gonna be interesting to see how it goes for everybody. Be happy for the competitors, regardless of their placing, they deserve that.

Here is what I'm saying. The Chevy put the most power down, ran the fastest 1/4, and will pull the sled the furthest. Yet it's behind the ford, that has yet to do well except in the obstacle coarse (which doesn't prove anything).

millerman04

< The Man Cave
Jul 14, 2010
Clearville, Pa
When's the last time any of y'all have went to a trailer tow obstacle coarse competition? Do they have a National Trailer Towing Obstacle Coarse Association? Will someone explain why there is an obstacle coarse?

IMO they should stick to the three common things guys with diesels compete in. 1/4 mile race, dyno, sled pull. The 1/8 trailer pull is cool. It actually proves power.

MPG? Who gives a ****? Nobody bought a 7500 pound truck and dumped thousands of dollars of performance parts into it to get good mileage.

Score everything evenly. 1st place is 1 point, 2nd is 2 points, etc. whoever has the least amount of points at the end wins.

:roflmao: :rofl: :spit:

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
special.jpg

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
I just find it interesting that the year a duramax is taking a backseat to a Ford in the challenge, comments like yours are being thrown around. DPC is held in Denver, not Roswell. Team Pretty Jeans is giving it hell out there and they are not far behind first! Today is gonna be interesting to see how it goes for everybody. Be happy for the competitors, regardless of their placing, they deserve that.

So far... a Dmax has won the dyno competition, and the drag race......

If you are happy about dodging cones for the win, I'm happy too :thumb:

Powerstroked162

<---- mi hijo de la carne
Feb 25, 2010
SoWa
Here is what I'm saying. The Chevy put the most power down, ran the fastest 1/4, and will pull the sled the furthest. Yet it's behind the ford, that has yet to do well except in the obstacle coarse (which doesn't prove anything).

I don't have a crystal ball so I can't predict whose gonna do what in the sled pulls.... Regardless of what YOU think, each competitor has to preform the same events as the next to the best of their ability. Jeremy gave it hell, but lost in that event just like Aaron and Erik gave it hell at the strip and Lost to Jeremy. Competition is setup the way it is and thats the same point system every competitor is scored on. If you can do better with it, maybe you should call David Kennedy and tell him you'll be starting an Outlaw DPC :rofl: WGAF really?? It is what it is and everybody knew what they were getting into event wise before they went

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
MPG? Who gives a ****? Nobody bought a 7500 pound truck and dumped thousands of dollars of performance parts into it to get good mileage.

cough cough i do cough cough. weird, something is wrong with my key board. must have a cold or something :D

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
When's the last time any of y'all have went to a trailer tow obstacle coarse competition? Do they have a National Trailer Towing Obstacle Coarse Association? Will someone explain why there is an obstacle coarse?

IMO they should stick to the three common things guys with diesels compete in. 1/4 mile race, dyno, sled pull. The 1/8 trailer pull is cool. It actually proves power.

Score everything evenly. 1st place is 1 point, 2nd is 2 points, etc. whoever has the least amount of points at the end wins.

And when have you seen guys (other than idiots) try to tow a heavy trailer, fast, around tight corners before throwing it in reverse, etc. etc. I saw the video and the trailer just about put Tim's truck sideways. Imagine if it jackknifed and wiped out the side of his bed? Edit: I'm not calling Tim and idiot, he was trying to hurry but much faster than would happen in real life. If anything (instead of the MPG test) this event should be the tie-breaker.

As for the MPG test. Only do it to break a tie at the END of the event. If no-one is tied, no need to have a tie breaker. It's a waste of competitors time and fuel, and some are injecting things (nitrous, propane, etc) at an amount they wouldn't normally do to try and increase MPG's. If nothing else add the cost of the injectables into the equation and do a $ per mile calculation (that's what it comes down to). If your vehicle gets 50 miles per gallon compared to another that gets 25 that is great, but if your gallon costs $11 and the other costs $5. You are still paying more per mile, so the guy who is getting 25 MPG is actually doing better economy. I think it may have been done to prove "streetability" but it's not like the old gasser days where 700RWHP was not very streetable or fuel "friendly". With electronics and injectables, you can have a 1200RWHP monster on one tune that drives and gets 25 MPG or better with injectables on the street. Not really a good test for the "new" diesels with technology.

I think the overall idea of the DPC is great. A few tweeks would make it much better and more "real world" as that is how they used to promote it.

Last edited:

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
As for the MPG test. Only do it to break a tie at the END of the event. If no-one is tied, no need to have a tie breaker. It's a waste of competitors time and fuel, and some are injecting things (nitrous, propane, etc) at an amount they wouldn't normally do to try and increase MPG's. If nothing else add the cost of the injectables into the equation and do a $ per mile calculation (that's what it comes down to). If your vehicle gets 50 miles per gallon compared to another that gets 25 that is great, but if your gallon costs $11 and the other costs $5. You are still paying more per mile, so the guy who is getting 25 MPG is actually doing better economy. I think it may have been done to prove "streetability" but it's not like the old gasser days where 700RWHP was not very streetable or fuel "friendly". With electronics and injectables, you can have a 1200RWHP monster on one tune that drives and gets 25 MPG or better with injectables on the street. Not really a good test for the "new" diesels with technology.

I think the overall idea of the DPC is great. A few tweeks would make it much better and more "real world" as that is how they used to promote it.

Well said. You brought up some good points...

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I don't have a crystal ball so I can't predict whose gonna do what in the sled pulls.... Regardless of what YOU think, each competitor has to preform the same events as the next to the best of their ability. Jeremy gave it hell, but lost in that event just like Aaron and Erik gave it hell at the strip and Lost to Jeremy. Competition is setup the way it is and thats the same point system every competitor is scored on. If you can do better with it, maybe you should call David Kennedy and tell him you'll be starting an Outlaw DPC :rofl: WGAF really?? It is what it is and everybody knew what they were getting into event wise before they went

so wtf are you tryin to agrue about because you start on the fact claiming dirtymaxx03 said shit about ford yet clearly didnt. then you tell me i have no eyes and cant see what your after (cause its a clear as mud), and now your talking about people who got SECOND, not FIRST?? lay off the bottle man, its the brain and your kidneys. You jump around more than a hot chick with big tits on a trampoline trying to get laid by someone

millerman04

< The Man Cave
Jul 14, 2010
Clearville, Pa
Instead of having and obstacle coarse, why dont they hook the trailer with skidsteer on up to the truck, and then go on the 100 mile journey and incorperate fuel milage into it. :cool:

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I like the idea of the baddest trucks in the world fighting to see who has the strongest, fastest truck. However, whoever is in charge of choosing the different events is a fukcing moron who probably doesn't own a diesel truck much less turn a wrench on one. What if next year they let the public decide what events will prove who has the strongest running truck. Then maybe the whole competition will be full of real world events, not dumbass obstacle coarses and mpg tests. Ok I'm done ranting, carry on:thumb:

BFT

DON CHINGON
May 9, 2012
Southern Cali
You guys realize all the bashing and whining started with you guys giving Jeremy and demitri sh!t.

The only thing we told Erik to do is have fun since we only had a few hours to get it ready.

I guess coming in first place in 2 events should take the win? Is it the fact that the trailer obstacle and trailer tow wasn't a strong suite this year for GM, is that what all the hoopla is about?
Last I checked most of theses trucks were actually able to turn

jbee

May 10, 2012
You guys realize all the bashing and whining started with you guys giving Jeremy and demitri sh!t.

The only thing we told Erik to do is have fun since we only had a few hours to get it ready.

I guess coming in first place in 2 events should take the win? Is it the fact that the trailer obstacle and trailer tow wasn't a strong suite this year for GM, is that what all the hoopla is about?
Last I checked most of theses trucks were actually able to turn

Didnt Eriks truck weigh in at like 8900?