Info: DPC 2012: Update Thread

JDPlowboy

Feb 6, 2011
Couldn't tell very good from the pulling vid of the dorf but it didn't look like he had a drop receiver? So his hitch height must've been crazy high. Do they not in force any hitch rules for the sled pull?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?eykfu2
2011 Ferd F-teenthousand

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Its OK Steve - we both drive Dmax powered trucks, but since we are both on a "Ford" site we have to be biased.

I'm headed back the Ford site and I'm taking my compound turbo'd SAS'd Dmax with me.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out... :rolleyes:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You can probably win then. Doesn't matter how fast your truck runs or how much horsepower it makes. I'd vote for you.

IM serioulsy comtemplating it no joke. No power adder, jsut straight fuel at around 700-800hp. just dunno if i wanna keep stock tires or run the 37s :D

you have twin turbos!!!!!!!????

No, he has compound turbos :roflmao:

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
IM serioulsy comtemplating it no joke. No power adder, jsut straight fuel at around 700-800hp. just dunno if i wanna keep stock tires or run the 37s :D

if the ford did one thing, it proved that you dont need alot of power to win diesel power challenge. :roflmao: run some 35's and get the suspension setup perfect

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
if the ford did one thing, it proved that you dont need alot of power to win diesel power challenge. :roflmao: run some 35's and get the suspension setup perfect

suspension setup is my specialty :D. nothing a change in shock valving cant handle. Ill be on coilovers by then as well

HotRodTractor

Ford Driver
Nov 29, 2009
I see, I didn't know u had a duramax too.

Yeah - I have a Dmax - bought it new in 2006, installed compounds on it in April of 2008, currently buttoning up details on the SAS swap - plus some other upgrades along the way.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I still say using injectables on a fuel economy test is just plain crazy. That proves nothing. I don't care for them in any event, but since they are common in drag racing and dyno events I can see that. Might be a good time to dump the mileage event all together. My question why wouldn't you build a mileage economy tune for that event?

Not enough time. We spent the whole week tuning on the fly. Ben was efi lived to death. We were so concerned with making the turbo light at this altitude we didnt have time to find out how to best do that and get good mileage too...cruise rpm is the same as spool rpm

jdgleason

May 10, 2012
We'll find yo address and do unholy things to your powerstroke when you make us duramax folk mad! And by unholy I mean put ATS parts in it so it really won't run worth a damn
^ Thats funny stuff. lol
I think its OUO but, not 100%
Pure Performance.
TS will come and go and the Ego's of the ford drivers will deflate a little once they see that ford still sucks at real competitions :roflmao:

I really feel like you're upset because the dpc is designed to test each truck for how well rounded it is, as well as the driver. The DPC was originally to show what people could do to their DAILY DRIVEN truck. You're all bent outta shape that these trucks aren't competition built, one trick ponies? I think a truck you can have fun with on the street is WAY cooler than some truck that gets trailered to the track... Just not for me.

I think next year, they oughta pull that trailer up and over the passes. I know there were a couple of trucks this year that would have burned down trying to do that.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I really feel like you're upset because the dpc is designed to test each truck for how well rounded it is, as well as the driver. The DPC was originally to show what people could do to their DAILY DRIVEN truck. You're all bent outta shape that these trucks aren't competition built, one trick ponies? I think a truck you can have fun with on the street is WAY cooler than some truck that gets trailered to the track... Just not for me.

I think next year, they oughta pull that trailer up and over the passes. I know there were a couple of trucks this year that would have burned down trying to do that.

i would rather see who has the strongest, fastest diesel truck out there. If i wanted to see daily driven trucks i would stick to youtube and the local track. If they want to make it an event for "daily drivers" they should start with a whole lot more competitiors. just my .02