Info: DPC 2012: Update Thread

07nastymax

Native Pride
Apr 21, 2008
St George UT
CONGRATULATIONS on the win team Ford, it only took you guys 15 years to get a truck that could win this thing. Just kidding!

On the other hand, I do respect how much time and money it takes to make any diesel that powerful!

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Id rather see a braking test, or first to 100mph back to zero. Obstical coarse is super dumb if it actually counts for total score, i thought it was tie breaker only.

They had a braking test scheduled for the shortened rained out version they had in KY, they decided it was too dangerous to do. They damn near had at least one accident in the obstacle course, imagine what they would do trying to stop a 10,000 trailer for a very high speed?:woott::eek: The obstacle course is a counted event, the fuel economy (wink wink;)) is the tie breaker.

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
It's VERY hard to get the large turbos spooled up at 6K elev. Ken without it unfortunately unless you have T/Cs that has a stall at 3K+rpm (1/4 & 1/8 mile runs is what I mean). It does make the world faster too. It's is here and there's NO getting around it no matter what. It's either use it, or be beat by it up here. I agree that it should be Diesel fuel only on the fuel econo test and maybe water injection to help cool it if needed (but until then,,,,,). LOTS of black smoke up the grades from most trucks and rolling black clouds of it up on the passes because of the thinner air.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Next years challenge...

Parallel parking
How much grocerys one can fit in the cab
MPG test on valet tune for the wife
closest to 500rwhp.

Seems good to me :rofl:

That's right up my alley. If these rules come out maybe I should try out for it. I think I could fit a few groceries behind my 3rd row seat:D.

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
Id rather see a braking test, or first to 100mph back to zero. Obstical coarse is super dumb if it actually counts for total score, i thought it was tie breaker only.

They had a braking test scheduled for the shortened rained out version they had in KY, they decided it was too dangerous to do. They damn near had at least one accident in the obstacle course, imagine what they would do trying to stop a 10,000 trailer for a very high speed?:woott::eek: The obstacle course is a counted event, the fuel economy (wink wink;)) is the tie breaker.

They didn't do the braking test (w/o the trailer)because their radio batteries went dead and there was no way for D Kennedy to signal they were at speed Ken. Dmitri did it and maybe one other was all before that happened. Judging by shit sticks stopping it was gonna be a cool event.
And that was just non-thinking having the spot to stop and back up with the trailer right at the big drop off down to Bandimere. Having been the past 2 years man I was missing the action.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Congratulations to The Ford team for their win, it about time.:thumb: And all the teams for putting on a good show. I'm no fan of injectables in this competition, especially NOS or Nat Gas for the fuel economy, that is a joke. Not exactly sure what the obstacle course proves either? I like the idea of it being a tie breaker if there is a tie at the end. The fuel economy run is a total waste of time the current way it is ran, either make it diesel only or dump it from the competition.

By making it fuel only you limit the competitve trucks to ones with twins or triples...I had to use nitrous on my drive today, it May have killed my solenoid, but I used only enough to keep me from tipping into it and kept me under 5psi of boost. We didnt modify the race tune for the mileage test except that we reduced pw...rail pressure the same, timing the same. We ended up with close to 16mpg.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
It's VERY hard to get the large turbos spooled up at 6K elev. Ken without it unfortunately unless you have T/Cs that has a stall at 3K+rpm (1/4 & 1/8 mile runs is what I mean). It does make the world faster too. It's is here and there's NO getting around it no matter what. It's either use it, or be beat by it up here. I agree that it should be Diesel fuel only on the fuel econo test and maybe water injection to help cool it if needed (but until then,,,,,). LOTS of black smoke up the grades from most trucks and rolling black clouds of it up on the passes because of the thinner air.

Thanks for everything Michael!! Couldnt have stayed sane without you man!

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
I was meaning no trailer braking test, 0-100-0. Trailers at those speeds wouldnt be smart. Or should be and obstical coarse without trailer and a lil drifting involved. That would be cool.

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
Thanks for everything Michael!! Couldnt have stayed sane without you man!

You're Tim, right? Just wanted to say congrats on the effort. I don't know you, but from some of the things I read you sound like pretty good people. It's a long drive back to Connecticut, but that's ok, you got the good memories. It sucks that it didnt turn out better for you, but again, congrats with your accomplishment.

I like tacos.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
They didn't do the braking test (w/o the trailer)because their radio batteries went dead and there was no way for D Kennedy to signal they were at speed Ken. Dmitri did it and maybe one other was all before that happened. Judging by shit sticks stopping it was gonna be a cool event.
And that was just non-thinking having the spot to stop and back up with the trailer right at the big drop off down to Bandimere. Having been the past 2 years man I was missing the action.

My bad I thought it had something to do with the crappy weather.

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
By making it fuel only you limit the competitve trucks to ones with twins or triples...I had to use nitrous on my drive today, it May have killed my solenoid, but I used only enough to keep me from tipping into it and kept me under 5psi of boost. We didnt modify the race tune for the mileage test except that we reduced pw...rail pressure the same, timing the same. We ended up with close to 16mpg.

I think is a correct presumption in regards to it being a twins/triples game without injectables. That is where "this Motorsport" is going. The days of high/drivable horsepower has left us, at least when altitude is not a friend. It's a shame, but technology is taking over and people get smarter. The whole game has changed.

I like tacos.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV

I still say using injectables on a fuel economy test is just plain crazy. That proves nothing. I don't care for them in any event, but since they are common in drag racing and dyno events I can see that. Might be a good time to dump the mileage event all together. My question why wouldn't you build a mileage economy tune for that event?

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
I still say using injectables on a fuel economy test is just plain crazy. That proves nothing. I don't care for them in any event, but since they are common in drag racing and dyno events I can see that. Might be a good time to dump the mileage event all together. My question why wouldn't you build a mileage economy tune for that event?

I know your question is directed at Juddski, but is it possible with a big single and all the other modifications at Denver's altitude, especially on the pass? I'm ignorant of this and that's why I'm asking.

I like tacos.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Here's the way I see it:

Look through the diesel power mag, see how many ads furds has in there, furd was probably like " who's junk do we gotta suck to make ford win" obviously they sucked the right ones! They don't allow spectators because any blind fool would be able to tell that this crap competition is a joke! ...... Reminds me of Mexico, all corrupt and what not!!!

Anyways.....:hug:

05greendmax

dyno and drag numberssoon
Dec 26, 2009
ohio
boo ford won thats gay o well team dmax will win at ts thats for sure no gay rules just real deal stuff fords bring your big girl panties ur gona need um