Cape Cod,MA
Tim ran 11.14 @ 130 for second place in the drag race, Congrats
*damn Rich treed me*

& no wonder the dyno #s were big 23% correction

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Who the heck takes pictures of their bearings?
Dmitri seemed pretty hostile on that post

I kind of wondered the same thing. And that is Dimiti just being himself. He cools right off when someone gets in his face. Never the less those are impressive numbers.:thumb: Congratulations to all the Dmax participants.

A couple of things about the DPC I think would make it better.

1) all events start at the time stated, no waiting around for someone to fix their truck. If it can be fixed between events or at night so be it. Hell changing trannies, turbos, CP pumps or even engines should be allowed if it can be done in the time allotted.

2) same driver for all events. This might be the case now, but the year I went one of the trucks used a different driver for the dyno event.

3) no nitrous, meth, propane, or natual gas allowed. Water with no meth would be allowed for cooling.

4) if the HP and torque numbers are no added for a total number that is good. Didn't use to be that way, was torque only.

It would be great for the Dmax guys to finish 1-2-3. :thumb:

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
Damn hopefully Chase gets his charger changed out quickly.

Jeremy seems to be doing TOO good if ya know what i mean lol.

xcablb7

Feb 8, 2009
Fall River
So they measured torque for the dyno yet did pulls based off mph, can someone explain to me how tire stretch and converter slip stays linear through out the speed range? My understanding is they started all pulls at 65 and went to 110 or 120. Everything I've known about a dyno says to get accurate torque measurement without spikes you need an optical sensor on the balancer. But I must be wrong cuz it only takes 1300 ft lbs for me to go 126 not 3000

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
So they measured torque for the dyno yet did pulls based off mph, can someone explain to me how tire stretch and converter slip stays linear through out the speed range? My understanding is they started all pulls at 65 and went to 110 or 120. Everything I've known about a dyno says to get accurate torque measurement without spikes you need an optical sensor on the balancer. But I must be wrong cuz it only takes 1300 ft lbs for me to go 126 not 3000

Remember it is a dyno... :D

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
not one ten sec pass

amazing how people take these dyno #'s to heart and none of them can put it to good use in the 1320

JMO

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
not one ten sec pass

amazing how people take these dyno #'s to heart and none of them can put it to good use in the 1320

JMO

I couldn't agree more... I respect the guys like Rob who couldn't give a shit about dyno numbers. He would prefer to do it on the race track.

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
I couldn't agree more... I respect the guys like Rob who couldn't give a shit about dyno numbers. He would prefer to do it on the race track.

thats the real dyno! weight, gear, etc vs 1320ft of come show me what you really have; not what you can "correct"