Dmitri Vs. Shane Kellogg

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Shanes engine has nothing to do with a dodge, its a CUMMINS (barely). Thats why it runs so good, not one POS dodge part on that engine :D

But for realz here, is Dimitri building a new engine just for this? Because a 1700hp stock block duramax wont hold together. He might have an awesome engine, but its nowhere near the promod diesel guys.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
IMO there's only a couple of duramax engines that might get close to Shane on an engine dyno and neither one runs yet... Tim Jackson's & Chris Watsons. Neither of those guys build things that aren't competitive & both are building duramax-powered mod pulling trucks. When both of them hit the track, they'll be close to the current leaders, I'm sure.

Maybe Burkhardts too? Maybe Kyle Michaels will find more power bc he's short a good bit right now?

streetwise

Dec 8, 2009
Springfield OH
For one its not going to happen...

Beyond that Shane hooks weekend after weekend! 30 40 50 hooks a year!? Most of your "Highest HP" dmaxs can't stay together for more than a couple of passes, and they are barely at 1/2 the power that Shane's Super Super B is putting out.

Caleb

I would have to agree but it has been impressive to watch Kyle Michael pulling with Shane and the other mods. He is not winning but is not at the bottom of the standings. Hes has to be making near the power Dmitri is and he is fuel only and doing it event after event and it is living. Is he within 700 of Shane probably not but it is staying together. If you take the top 2.6 guys like Rob H., Evan Davis, Derek Leis just to name a few. Thew are making big power day after day some times mutiple pulls per week without destroying parts but you will not find them strapped to a dyno ask them how much power they are making no-one cares as when they put ten feet or ten inches on the competition and have a check in hand. The ones that do know will never admit what kind of power they are making.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Personally i think shane will win why would he give dimitri that much of a handicap, and if he wins due to the handicap does d really win?

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142927&highlight=Dmitri+Millard&page=7

Heres a link to a compd thread lol going to be a shit storm either way i dont really care :thumb: mine starts and goes from point a to b all i need anymore :rofl:

There are several folk on this board that are banned from CompD, so links don't help much.

It's a Dodge board, so don't expect them to root for anyone but a Cummins entry. They don't like comedy or criticism if it's not from Dodge boys.

streetwise

Dec 8, 2009
Springfield OH
If you are using removable or thicker sleeves, or concrete, it's really not a stock block. You could say it started from a stock casting perhaps.

Are you insinuating that the D-max boys are not using Hard block. If you are making real power and want it to live filler up and bring it on a trailer.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
If you are using removable or thicker sleeves, or concrete, it's really not a stock block. You could say it started from a stock casting perhaps.

So.....doesnt rob use block filler on maxdout? Maybe he doesn't i dont know just asking but i thought several high hp dmax motors used it? Also i thought all cummins motors were sleeved from the factory anyway, granted like stated hes using thicker sleeves to go from 6.7-5.9 but if thats all he did it's not to modified of a block :confused: not arguing with ya just trying to get a take on how we could compare dimitris engine to shanes

As for compd i think its more they dont like dimitri in that thread not the dmax, not saying there aren't cocky ****ers over there that are like you say, they definitely are unforgiving on some things though :D :rolleyes:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Are you insinuating that the D-max boys are not using Hard block. If you are making real power and want it to live filler up and bring it on a trailer.

As far as I know, few if any real Duramax Pickups (you use it to tow trailers and haul things, and it has a real pickup bed) grout their blocks. Some racers do, but most don't. A Dmax block ain't as weak a Dodge block is AFAIK.

I have a question: Why do they make those max effort Dodges look like pickups? Isn't that just a waste of money?

I think they look better without the glass panels on them.

Another question: Do they still have to spray the ether from the can, or do they just have a tank of ether on board? Is ether really a diesel fuel? I just haven't seen it at the pumps before, just regular, plus, premium, and #2. Is it a Eastern thing or something?

streetwise

Dec 8, 2009
Springfield OH
The D-max block is strong but it has a breaking point and a max effort unit needs it to help keep it together. I believe dmetri has split a block or two. The stock casting has its limits just few have found it or are looking for it.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
What exactly is this goin to show? Who ever puts the most money into something wins? Cause thats all this really is doin. Now if jackson, burkhart and whoever else finish there trucks and beat them on the track that's showing something.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Ether out east is only sold by the can . You can buy a case or a truckload if needed but there is no large volume dispenser at filling stations where I live anyway.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
i just hope someone gets a video of dmitri crying again after he looses :rofl:

again?!?

Dude you gotta elaborate. Who knew Ole Sparkle Pants got all snoted up teary eyed ! Did anyone have tissues or did he wipe his nose on his sleeve?

Last edited: