Dmitri Dynos 1060 on Fuel

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
I run basically a 3/4 line from the back of the truck se say overkill and laugh I say " no such thing"

people may argue with that but I don't have supply issues:D

Pretty much like having the tank closer I would guess = The more fuel you can hold closer to the pump

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
Congrats Dimitri !

I had to laugh at the pressurizing the tank idea! Although it would work with some rigging, I pictures the next post to be " WTB 1350' air hose " lol

it would work on a dyno of you made sure you vent was sealed and tank was full,however it wouldn't fix the actual problom!

You have 2 issues- not enough volume and not enough pressure

I have talked to a few people now that build and work on these pumps and they truly believe you need more pressure to help the cp3 this is called precharge and anyone that works with pumps undertands this. It is not just with cp3 but any type of fluid pump

normally 30 psi is recomemded with correct suction lines to the pump.... Fluid dynics play a role I'm this (Eg: sweeps instead of 90s, distances, line size , density, temp)

However rob and tim hit the nail when they said increase the press! What this does essentialy is increase volume.

Take a pop bottle and poke a hole in the cap, the harder you squeeze the more volume that comes out:D

people are hesitant to belive that line size has lil effect, IMO the shortest distance of recovery the better but that s jmo

if you have 10 psi of 3/4 line and pumping into a 3/8 line and the distance is 10' or 10" what 3/8s line would fill faster?

I run basically a 3/4 line from the back of the truck se say overkill and laugh I say " no such thing"

people may argue with that but I don't have supply issues:D

thanks for the tips man, i seen the way you guys set up trents, its prob really similar to yours? ill have to not be lazy with my single cab and do it right this time around, ill have you and trent help me get it all set up if thats ok??

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
On I phone edit that should say " fluid dynamics ":eek:

Good luck Dimitri ! Let's see what the truck will do in the 1/4:thumb:

thanks again simon:hug: if all goes well today, redding is the place to try for a lower 10, i hope everything holds tomorrow:confused: i can hold 1 psi at 2400 pulse, so i figure maybe i can get away with 2450, 2500 out there. on drakes dyno, @ 30% i made right at a 1000 with 2450, and we know for sure they put down more on the street, then a dyno, it should be plenty of power if my truck wants to actually 60 foot:)

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Great numbers Dimitri. I would do everything that you can to keep fuel volume. Do away with the bango bolts on the FICM and use 90's into AN and you will gain volume and flow there. Proper sizing to the pump and away will help a lot as well. Good luck!

Bosox89

Feb 27, 2010
Awesome numbers Dmitri, hope you can get your fuel issues worked out! :thumb: Have you decided to drop the motor in a single cab then? One post I think you have and then another it sounds like you've changed your mind lol.